If you or a loved one suffered injuries or preventable harm because of a negligent doctor, medical care provider, or medical facility, you may be able to pursue a medical malpractice case against them in Bradenton. You may be able to hold them accountable with help from a Bradenton medical malpractice lawyer from Distasio Law Firm. We may be able to help you get justice for yourself, your child, or another member of your family.
If we believe you have a medical malpractice case for compensation, Distasio Law Firm may take on your case at no out-of-pocket expense to your family. We get paid only if we recover a settlement or an award for you.
Call (813) 259-0022 now for a free review of your case with a member of our medical malpractice team serving Bradenton, Florida.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Bradenton, call (813) 259-0022
Medical Errors, Medical Negligence, and Medical Malpractice Law
The state’s medical malpractice laws are outlined in Florida Statute § 766.102. These laws make it possible to prove a doctor’s negligence caused you to suffer undue harm that would not have occurred otherwise. Proof of this may support a medical malpractice insurance claim or lawsuit.
It is important to note that not all medical errors equate to medical malpractice. The doctor or another care provider must significantly deviate from the normal duty of care provided to patients in similar situations. This is demonstrated through the testimony of a medical expert witness who will confirm medical negligence occurred.
Some types of medical malpractice include:
- Misdiagnosis or missed diagnosis: When the doctor fails to run the necessary tests, ignores test results, or misses an obvious diagnosis, and either comes up with the wrong diagnosis or no diagnosis at all.
- Surgical errors and anesthesia errors: When there is a problem that occurs during surgery or just before or just after, including items left inside the patient or preventable problems with general anesthesia or nerve blocks.
- Medication errors: When a patient suffers harm because doctors, nurses, or others go around the system of checks and balances that ensures patients receive the right medications in the right doses at the right times.
- Birth injuries: When a baby suffers a preventable injury before, during, or just after delivery, including cerebral palsy, brachial plexus injuries, head or spinal cord injuries, or other significant harm.
If you believe a doctor, nurse, or medical facility caused you to suffer additional injuries or illness, we will review your case for free. If we agree that you have a valid case, we can pay for the necessary expert witness, investigation, and other steps to build a case and pursue a payout. We recover our attorney’s fees only if we secure a payout for you.
Call Distasio Law Firm now at (813) 259-0022 to get started.
Bradenton Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Let Distasio Law Firm Pursue Your Medical Malpractice Case
A Bradenton medical malpractice lawyer from Distasio Law Firm will put your needs first when we pursue a case on your family’s behalf. We will dedicate the time and money necessary to build a strong case, including gathering expert opinions and other evidence to support your claim.
You always work with a lawyer who knows your name and the details about your case. We will work together to hold the liable party or parties responsible for your damages. We know how the Florida medical malpractice process works and the rules we must follow to prove medical negligence and hold them accountable.
Distasio Law Firm can review your case for free today and go to work seeking compensation based on the facts of your case. Call (813) 259-0022 now to learn more.
Click to contact our Bradenton Medical Malpractice Lawyers today
Recoverable Damages in a Bradenton Medical Malpractice Case
When we take on a Bradenton medical malpractice case at Distasio Law Firm, we have a few responsibilities we must uphold in order to help you secure a financial recovery. These include:
- Protecting your right to take legal action.
- Documenting the harm you suffered.
- Gathering evidence to prove medical negligence and liability.
- Proving your tangible and intangible losses related to the injuries you suffered.
- Meeting all rules and timelines outlined by Florida law.
- Representing your best interests throughout this process.
If we can build a solid case and secure a payout for you, your recoverable damages may include:
- Current and future medical care costs related to the harm you suffered.
- Current and future lost wages and reduced earning ability.
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to your injuries.
- Pain and suffering.
- Mental anguish.
- Additional economic and noneconomic losses.
If medical malpractice caused the death of a loved one, you may qualify to receive compensation through a wrongful death action. Our team can help you pursue these damages, as well.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Time Limits Apply, So Contact Us Today About Your Case
Under Florida Statute § 95.11, the statute of limitations on a medical malpractice claim in the state is only two years. Because of the burden of proving your case through medical expert testimony and other time-consuming parts of the claims process, we encourage you to get started as soon as possible by contacting us soon after your injuries occur.
There are exceptions to these time limits, so go ahead and reach out to Distasio Law Firm even if you worry it may be too late. However, do so right away.
Speak with a Member of Our Bradenton Medical Malpractice Team
If you or a loved one suffered harm because of a negligent medical care provider, a Bradenton medical malpractice lawyer from Distasio Law Firm may be able to help you pursue compensation and hold the responsible party or parties accountable. We accept even the toughest cases in Bradenton, elsewhere in Manatee County, and other areas nearby.
Call Distasio Law Firm today for a free review of your case: (813) 259-0022.