If you or someone you love sustained injuries in a Bradenton motorcycle accident, you may be overwhelmed by medical expenses and other losses. You may be angry and unsure of what steps to take first.
If your injuries occurred because of the negligent behavior of another motorist, you have the right to hold them responsible for their actions. The team at Distasio Law Firm is here to guide you through the complex claims process from start to finish. We will pursue compensation for your injuries once hired.
To find out the legal options for your case, contact us today at (813) 259-0022.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Bradenton, call (813) 259-0022
Types of Bradenton Motorcycle Accidents We Handle
There are many causes of motorcycle accidents. Some common causes we often see include:
- Distracted drivers: Cell phones, radios, and passengers can take a driver’s attention from the road, causing them to overlook the presence of a motorcyclist. Distractions increase the likelihood of an accident, particularly if the driver fails to check their blind spot before changing a lane.
- Car doors: Motorcycle accidents can occur because a driver fails to look in both directions before opening the door of their parked car.
- Speeding: Driving at excessive speeds impacts a driver’s ability to react if the flow of traffic suddenly slows or stops. The higher the speed, the greater the force upon impact. High speed increases the likelihood of serious or even fatal injuries.
- Tailgating: Drivers who follow too closely behind motorcyclists often cause accidents, as they often do not have time to react if traffic suddenly stops.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): Drivers who operate cars and trucks while under the influence of drugs or alcohol often have an inflated sense of their capabilities. A driver who is under the influence may be unable to react in time to the flow of traffic.
The list above mentions a few potential causes of accidents on which a Bradenton motorcycle accident lawyer may be able to advise. Regardless of how you were injured, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact Distasio Law Firm at (813) 259-0022 for a free review of your case.
Bradenton Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Numerous injuries can happen as a result of a motorcycle accident. A motorcyclist can incur many injuries because a motorcycle has no frame, seat belts, or airbag to protect them from the full force of impact or from being thrown during the accident.
Some common injuries our team sees include:
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) and Other Head Injuries
TBIs are commonly the result of a violent blow to the head. A common TBI occurs during a motorcycle accident when the driver is struck or thrown from their bike. TBIs have wide-ranging physical and psychological effects. Some of the signs of moderate to severe TBIs are:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of coordination
- Profound confusion
- Aggressive or combative behavior
- Loss of consciousness from a few minutes to hours
The damage from a traumatic brain injury can be long-lasting or permanent, potentially forcing the victim to relearn specific behaviors.
Neck, Back, and Spinal Cord Injuries
Neck, back, and spinal cord injury can cause long-term or even permanent injuries. Damage to the spinal cord can cause paralysis affecting nerve and muscle control to the bowel, bladder, and legs. Many victims of motorcycle accidents spend long periods hospitalized and/or in rehabilitation. Most victims struggle with sadness or depression as they learn to cope with a life that involves new challenges.
According to Mayo Clinic, a quarter of all injury-related deaths are the result of blunt thoracic injuries. The thoracic cavity is made up of three major systems: the lungs, airway, and cardiovascular system. Any penetrating or blunt trauma that impacts the lungs, airway, and cardiovascular system can cause life-threatening injuries.
Fractures are common in motorcycle accidents because the motorcyclist does not have protection to absorb impact. Riders often break arms, legs, hands, or facial muscles during motorcycle accidents.
These are just a few possible types of injuries that can occur after a motorcycle accident. There are many other injuries that can happen due to a motorcycle accident such as internal bleeding, cuts and lacerations, and burns.
Types of Recoverable Damages After Motorcycle Accidents
There are several damages that you may be able to recover after a motorcycle accident. They include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Future wages (if you lost earning potential due to your injuries)
- Disfigurement or dismemberment
- Pain and suffering
Wrongful Death Damages
There are many different types of bodily injury locations in fatally injured motorcycle riders. If your loved one did not survive the motorcycle accident, additional damages that you may recover after a wrongful death claim include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of support and protection
- Loss of companionship
The list above mentions a few types of damages that are recoverable after a motorcycle accident. We cannot estimate the damages that you may be entitled to after your accident. Give us a call so we can review your potential losses.
The statute of limitations to file a wrongful death claim in Florida is two years. The statute of limitations may pause in certain circumstances. An attorney can help you understand the legal options that fit your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Bradenton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
We can help you navigate the complexities of filing your claim, guiding you through the process from start to finish. Some specific ways we can help you include:
- Answering your questions and offering you 24/7 support.
- Gathering evidence like eyewitness statements, police reports, and surveillance video to determine what happened and establish liability.
- Obtaining medical records, bills, and receipts to calculate the extent of your damages
- Calculating the value of your claim based on your damages.
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Protecting your rights in court.
While you focus on recovering, our team will handle the legal aspects of your case and ensure you are as comfortable as possible. To get started right away, call us today. A Bradenton motorcycle accident lawyer can review your case for free. Call Distasio Law Firm at (813) 259-0022. Be sure to ask us any questions you might have so we can address all your concerns at the start.