If you suffered injuries in a car crash involving a rideshare service, you might be entitled to compensation for your damages. You may recover financial compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
A ridesharing lawyer in Brandon from Distasio Law Firm can assist you with your Uber or Lyft accident case. We can represent you and offer the personal service you deserve. We can help you hold the liable party accountable for your damages.
Who is Liable for My Damages in a Rideshare Accident?
If you sustained injuries in a car accident involving an Uber or other rideshare service, you might be eligible for monetary damages. Whether you were a passenger in a rideshare vehicle or the rideshare driver hit you, we can help you get paid for the costs resulting from the accident.
Rideshare accidents are unique in that legal responsibility for injuries may fall to several different parties. The rideshare insurance policy may cover your damages, or the driver’s personal insurance company may be responsible for compensating you.
Uber and Lyft provide liability insurance up to $1 million. However, getting the compensation you may deserve can be very difficult.
You may have suffered severe injuries that required:
- Emergency medical care
- Ambulance transportation
- Ongoing medical treatment
- Rehabilitative care
These financial losses can create a major burden.
The insurance company may try to get you to settle for much less than you need to cover your losses. At Distasio Law Firm, we help car accident victims seek adequate compensation for their damages.
Getting Compensation Through a Personal Injury Case
A personal injury lawsuit is a civil lawsuit that an injured person may bring when their case meets the following conditions:
- The defendant had a duty to act with reasonable care
- The defendant breached the duty of care
- The plaintiff, or injured person, suffered injuries because of the defendant’s negligence or wrongful actions
- The plaintiff sustained damages like lost income and medical bills because of their injuries
Damages in an Uber or Lyft Car Crash Injury Case
A personal injury lawsuit may allow you to get compensation for the financial costs you experienced because of the accident and the non-financial consequences of the accident.
The exact amount of compensation that a rideshare accident victim may recover varies from case to case. However, the most common recoverable damages in a personal injury case include:
- Lost wages from the time you had to take off of work
- Damage to your earning capacity caused by disabling injuries
- Property damage
- Medical expenses resulting from physical therapy, emergency room care, ambulance transport, medication, doctor’s appointments, and medical procedures
- Pain and suffering
If your loved one died in a rideshare accident, Distasio Law Firm offers our condolences. A wrongful death case may hold the driver accountable and recover compensation for your damages.
Damages in a wrongful death case often include:
- Lost financial support
- Medical and funeral expenditures
- Lost services
- Lost support, care, and companionship
- Lost income and benefits
- Psychological suffering
Rideshare Laws in Florida
Lyft, Uber, and other rideshare services are so popular that states established laws for these companies. In Florida, CS/HB 221 established certain insurance requirements.
Unfortunately, many rideshare accident victims still have trouble getting the compensation they need from the insurance companies after an accident. This is why working with an attorney from our team who has experience handling rideshare accident cases might help you.
How Distasio Law Firm Can Help You During Your Rideshare Accident Case
Bringing a successful personal injury case and getting adequate compensation takes skill and dedication. At Distasio Law Firm, we are committed to helping clients hold negligent drivers accountable. We will be by your side every step of the way.
Our team can:
- Discuss your legal rights and options with you
- Answer any questions you have
- Investigate your case thoroughly and develop a legal strategy
- Gather evidence, including police reports, medical records, camera footage, and forensic evidence from the accident scene
- Obtain witness testimony
- Reconstruct the accident
- Fight to get you an adequate settlement
- Take your case to trial if we cannot settle
- Represent your best interests during your case
Statutes of Limitations in Florida
If you want to pursue compensation for the losses you suffered in a rideshare accident, you need to know about certain deadlines. We must file personal injury lawsuits within four years per Florida Statute § 95.11(3)(a). We must file wrongful death lawsuits within two years per Florida Statute § 95.11(4)(d).
Call Our Officeo Today and get a Free Case Assessment to Learn More
A lawyer from Distasio Law Firm who handles Uber and Lyft ridesharing accidents in Brandon can provide legal representation and assistance throughout your case. We can investigate your accident, gather evidence to strengthen your case, and negotiate on your behalf. If needed, we can file a personal injury lawsuit and represent you during legal proceedings.
Call Distasio Law Firm at (813) 259-0022 today for a confidential, free case evaluation.