Do You Need a Dade City Auto Accident Lawyer?
If you or a loved one have been hurt in an automobile collision, your head is probably swirling with questions. This may include:
- What type of medical care do I need in Dade City?
- How do I pay for the medical care I need?
- How do I get back the money I lost from missing work?
- Can I hold the person that caused the auto accident responsible for my harm and losses?
- Can a Dade City car accident lawyer help me?
- How do I find the best Dade City auto accident attorney?
At Distasio Law Firm, we can answer these and any other questions you may have. We can also guide you through this process and get you the compensation you deserve. Our auto accident attorneys put you first. We understand that this is a trying time. That’s why we work diligently to learn about your case and through research and interviews, create and implement a plan that best protects your interests. We will focus on your case so you can focus on recovery.
Dade City Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
The Distasio Law Firm Difference
How do you know if you have hired the best Dade City car accident lawyer? The simplest way to know is to find a lawyer that has all the below characteristics.
- Knowledge and Experience Handling Auto Accident Cases
Your lawyer should not only know Florida car accident law. That lawyer should also have years of experience handling car crash cases. Scott Distasio has been handling car crash cases for over 27 years. His years of experience investigating, negotiating, settling, filing lawsuits, taking depositions, and going to trial will absolutely make a difference in your case.
- Independent Verification of the Lawyers Ability
All attorneys claim they know what they are doing. Their marketing materials may also be persuasive. But you will only know the truth about that lawyer if the lawyer is rated by respected independent non-biased rating systems. Scott Distasio has an “AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell law Directory. This is the highest rating an attorney can receive for both ability and ethics. Scott Distasio is also Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Trial law. To achieve this accomplishment a lawyer must have tried a minimum number of cases to a jury and pass a competency exam. Less than 1% of all Florida lawyers are Board Certified.
- Willingness and Ability to Go to Trial
Not all personal injury cases go to trial. The truth is most cases settle. But if your case does need to go to trial it’s important to hire a law firm that has the experience, resources and ability to try your case. Scott Distasio is a board certified civil trial lawyer. This gives him the right to call himself an expert trial lawyer.
Click to contact our Dade City Car Accident Lawyers today
Why Hire Distasio Law Firm to Help With Your Dade City Car Accident?
For most car accident law firms, settlements are commonplace. You are a number in these places and the associates are indifferent about the outcome of your case. Their needs often outrank yours and the level service shows it. Insurance companies recognize these types of firms and often offer less money in settlements.
Our guiding principle at the Distasio Law Firm is to put our clients first. Our attorneys speak directly to clients in regard to their cases. We will put a wealth of time, resources, and experience to work for you when dealing with insurance companies. We will do our best to make sure you receive all the compensation that you deserve. We will put together a strategy that is unique to your case. We’d all love to settle for the largest amount of money possible, but if helping you involves going to trial, we are more than equipped to achieve success in that arena as well.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Should You Do After Experiencing Auto Accident Injuries?
If you have been injured in a car accident in Dade City, or anywhere in the state of Florida, seek medical attention immediately and keep in mind that some injuries appear days, even weeks later. The longer you wait, the more likely insurance companies will refute your case and make it harder for you to receive compensation.
If you didn’t seek medical attention the day of the accident, you can still do so. A record of medical attention in the days following an accident can still be instrumental in driving a positive outcome from your case.
Another critical decision is the auto accident law firm you choose. Not all law firms are equal. Our attorneys at The Distasio Law Firm are adept at preserving evidence. We also have the ability to tirelessly research the fine details of your case and case law along with performing in depth witness interviews, when needed.
How Much is My Case Worth?
This is a common question after an automobile accident. Unfortunately, it’s nearly impossible to accurately determine the value of a case in the initial days following an accident. Injuries must be assessed, the costs of lost wages must be determined, and medical costs must be counted. The first step in making this assessment is receiving the maximum medical improvement (MMI) for your case from a physician. This is when a doctor has fully diagnosed your injuries related to the accident. This is typically the result of multiple examinations over the course of 4-6 months.
Florida law states that a person injured in a car accident can hold the person who caused the accident accountable for damages. This includes:
- Medical Expenses: You are entitled to the reasonable cost of all current and future medical care including, hospitalization, medical doctors, chiropractors, physical therapy, and surgery.
- Lost Wages: If the car accident causes you to lose time from work or you have to take a job that pays you less, you are entitled to recover this expense now and into the future.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes money for having to endure the physical pain as well as money for mental anguish, disfigurement, and the loss of enjoyment of life.
- Wrongful Death: When an auto accident claims the life of a loved one, spouses and children are entitled to compensation for funeral expenses and their pain and suffering.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Over the years, we’ve seen a number injuries from car accidents come up again and again. These include:
- Whiplash: This injury is named after the violent whipping motion that you body goes through in a car crash. The most common whiplash injuries occur in your neck and your low back. As the body whips back and forth, the vertebrae bang into each other, muscles tear, and the ligaments of the spine stretch. Doctors might call these injuries sprain strain injuries.
- Herniated Discs: The soft cushiony material in your spine between each of your vertebrae are called discs. The trauma from a car crash can cause them to rupture and or herniate. The disc material can then touch nerves running through the spine which in turn causes pain and or numbness to radiate down the arms or legs.
- Broken Bones: Body parts often hit the inside of the vehicle after the impact. The most common broken bones include arms, legs, ribs and hands.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: In an auto accident, the head whips back and forth. This causes the brain to slam into the skull bones causing swelling and even hemorrhaging. The long-term effects can include changes in personality, memory loss, and problems with anger management.
- Shoulder Injuries: Most drivers grip the steering wheel tightly during a car crash. This causes all the energy from the impact to travel through the steering wheel, up the arm, and into the shoulder. The most common types of shoulder injuries include rotator cuff tears, bicep tendon tears, and labrum tears.
Looking for a Auto Accident Attorney in Dade City? Call (813) 402-3326 Today!
Types of Auto Accident Cases We Handle
At Distasio Law Firm we handle any type of auto accident case. The ones we see most often include:
- Distracted Drivers: You know these drivers. We see them all around us on the roads. They are on the phone while driving, texting while driving, putting make up on while driving, eating while driving, or simply not paying attention to the road.
- Reckless Drivers: These drivers are weaving in and out of traffic and are often in a hurry. They are often speeding or driving to fast for the road and weather conditions. They simply do not care about the risks they are taking with the lives of all the drivers around them.
- Driving While Under the Influence (DUI): This includes drunk drivers and drivers under the influence of illegal drugs or prescription medications.
- Rear-End Collision: The rear-end crash is by far the most common type of car accident. In Florida, the law presumes the rear driver is responsible for the collision.
- Driving While Tired or Fatigued: These drivers are most often driving commercial vehicles like trucks, tractor trailers, 18 wheelers, and or big rigs. They are driving too many hours in a row so they can get more loads delivered. They become so tired while driving that their reaction time slows.
- Poorly Maintained Automobiles: Some people fail to maintain their vehicles. The brakes do not work properly, the tires blow out, or the lights do not come on at night or during braking.