If you were injured in a negligent head-on collision, you may be eligible for compensation.
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), there were more than 150,000 injury crashes on Florida roadways in 2018. Reckless drivers continue to put innocent victims in harm’s way every year.
Florida law allows you to take legal action against dangerous drivers like these. If you are looking to take the next step in your fight for justice, a Largo head-on collisions lawyer at Distasio Law Firm can be there to fight for your case at every turn.
With our firm in your corner, you can focus on the more important things in life while we work on investigating your accident, proving liability, calculating your losses, and fighting for your rights.
For more information about our head-on collision services in Largo, contact a Distasio Law Firm team member at (813) 259-0022 to get started with your free consultation.
Common Causes of Head-On Collisions
While some head-on collisions are caused by poor weather conditions or mechanical failure, many of these accidents are caused by reckless, intoxicated, fatigued, or inexperienced drivers.
As such, some of the most common causes of head-on collisions include:
- Failure to maintain a lane
- Drunk driving
- Failure to yield
- Texting and driving
- Improper left-hand turns
- Driving too fast for weather conditions
- Poorly maintained tires or brakes
- Unsecured cargo
For a free legal consultation with a head-on collisions lawyer serving Largo, call (813) 259-0022
Recoverable Compensation for Victims of Head-On Collisions
When you take legal action against a negligent driver in Largo, you can seek compensation to help you recover your financial, physical, and mental losses. This compensation may cover your previous hardships, your current hardships, and the hardships you will face in the future.
While every case is different, recoverable compensation may include:
- Lost income and benefits from your recovery period or ongoing disabilities
- Diminished earning capacity from long-term injuries, psychological trauma, or lost skills
- Medical expenses covering hospitalizations, surgeries, physical therapy, and more
- Physical pain from your accident, recovery, or chronic ailments
- Property damage including electronics, motor vehicles, jewelry, and other valuables
- Accommodations for permanent disabilities designed to improve your quality of life and your independence, including transportation services, medical devices, and rehabilitation services
- Mental anguish such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), loss of consortium, and loss of enjoyment of life
Largo Head-On Collisions Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Assigning a Value to Your Pain and Suffering
Head-on collisions are among the most dangerous car accidents, especially if the other driver was not paying attention before the accident occurred. As such, you may be facing life-altering expenses and impairments that jeopardize your future. Fortunately, your case value may be able to reflect the monetary value of your pain and suffering.
However, calculating your case value is easier said than done. While you may have a clear sense of your previous medical expenses and property damage, you also may wish to calculate the lifelong cost of your injuries, your mental suffering, and the overall effect this accident had on your everyday life.
When you retain a Largo head-on collisions lawyer at Distasio Law Firm, we can have the experience to present your case in a way that maximizes the value of all your damages including your economic and non-economic losses.
In order to calculate your damages we may do any of the below:
- Reaching out to industry specialists who can help appraise the value of your property damage
- Documenting your previous medical expenses and calculating the overall cost of your entire recovery
- Gathering evidence of your physical ailments, your current diagnosis, and the long-term outlook for your recovery, including medical files, professional opinions, photographs, videos, and physical evidence
- Adding context to your mental state and examining the impact the accident had on your psyche and your personal relationships
- Calling upon expert witnesses who can provide a scientific basis for your intangible suffering, including life care planners, medical professionals, economists, psychiatrists, and vocational rehabilitation specialists
Calculating the value of your pain and suffering is the hardest thing to do. The amount of these damages will usually depend on the severity of your initial injuries, how long it takes to recover, and whether you have ongoing permanent injuries and the severity of your permanent injuries.
It usually takes time to assess the extent of your recovery. Once you get to maximum medical improvement, we can research the amount of pain and suffering damages juries tend to award for similar trauma and mental anguish.
To learn more about calculating losses in Largo, contact a Distasio Law Firm representative today at (813) 259-0022 to receive your free consultation.
Head-On Collisions Lawyers Serving Victims in Largo
Here at Distasio Law Firm, we fight for victims of other’s negligence. Ultimately, we want to be a Largo head-on collisions lawyer who can be by your side from the beginning to the end of your case.
We hope our services can provide you with peace of mind during your road to recovery. We can take care of the legal details of your case so that you don’t have to.
Lastly, you should be aware of important laws like Florida Statutes §95.11 before you move forward with your case. This statute places a four-year statute of limitations on most personal injury claims in Largo, which begins on the day of your accident. If you wish to file a claim against a government organization, Florida Statutes §768.28 requires you to take legal action within three years of your accident.
To get started with your free consultation today, contact a Distasio Law Firm team member at (813) 259-0022.