Countless expenses can pop up after you have been in an accident. From medical bills to missed paychecks and more, you should not have to deal with the financial consequences of the accident by yourself.
Distasio Law Firm represents victims of reckless driving accidents and helps them figure out their legal rights and options. Working with our Largo reckless driving accident lawyer could help you file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the responsible party. If you want to know more about compensation or how to work with our lawyer, Distasio Law Firm can speak with you during a free, no-obligation consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a reckless driving accidents lawyer serving Largo, call (813) 259-0022
Compensation in a Reckless Driving Accident
For most injury victims, figuring out how much compensation they may be eligible to receive is one of the most important questions. As the bills start to pile up, the mental and emotional pressure can become overwhelming.
There are a few categories of damages that are available to claimants in reckless driving accident cases. Some of the most common categories include:
- Medical expenses – These include hospitalizations, emergency transportation fees, medications, physical therapy, surgeries, and more.
- Ongoing medical care – Your injuries may need treatment for a long time, so it is important to ask for the estimated cost of ongoing care.
- Lost wages – If your injuries are severe, you likely won’t be able to go to work. You can claim compensation for your missed paychecks.
- Reduced earning capacity – If your injuries end up being permanent, then your disabilities could make it hard for you to continue your current occupation. You may not be able to return to work or work at all due to the accident.
- Pain and suffering – It can be challenging to put a dollar amount on the pain you have endured because of the accident. Still, compensation is available to you to address the emotional toll of the accident.
If you are unsure about whether something can be included as part of your damages, then keep a record of it for now. You can review your expenses with our Largo reckless driving accident lawyer during a free consultation with Distasio Law Firm.
Largo Reckless Driving Accidents Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Reckless Driving in Florida Defined
According to Florida Statute §316.192, reckless driving involves driving a vehicle with willful or wanton disregard for the safety of other people or property. The statute also states that if someone is fleeing from a law enforcement officer in a motor vehicle, then it is proof of reckless driving and cannot be disputed.
A few examples of conduct that usually rises to the level of reckless driving include:
- Changing lanes without signaling
- Rapid and excessive lane changes
- Road rage
- Running red lights
- Driving in the oncoming lane of traffic
Click to contact our Largo Reckless Driving Accident Lawyers today
Proving that Someone Drove Recklessly
One of the most important steps in your case will be proving that the other party drove recklessly and that it caused your injuries. Yet, to recover damages, you must show that the driver failed to act with reasonable care and skill at the time of the accident.
Gathering evidence to support your case is critical to proving the other party was negligent. You may be able to use many different types of evidence to show the other driver was acting recklessly. Here are some examples:
- Witness statements from people who saw the other person driving recklessly
- Video surveillance or other types of camera footage
- Police reports stating the other driver engaged in reckless driving or violated traffic laws
- An examination of the accident scene
- Inspections of the vehicles involved in the accident
- Consultations with expert accident reconstructionists
- Your recollection about what happened
Even if you do not immediately have evidence to support your case, you should not lose hope. Our Largo reckless driving accident lawyer can review your case and help you determine if you could prove the other driver acted recklessly and owes you compensation.
The Statute of Limitations
While you focus on healing from your injuries and getting your life back together, your lawyer will work on your behalf each day. You have only four years from the accident date to bring your lawsuit, according to Florida Statute §95.11(3)(a), so consider reaching out to our team today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Attorneys Now for a Free Case Consultation
Distasio Law Firm offers a free consultation to help you learn more about how we may be able to help you. When you call us during your free consultation, you can explain what happened, how the accident has affected you, and the damages you’ve had to pay. Call (813) 259-0022 to get in touch with us today.