Motorcycle accidents happen for many types of reasons. Motorcyclists are often cut off by inattentive drivers. Motorcyclists are also followed too closely by other drivers.
Reckless driving behavior can—and often does—lead to devastating accidents that can cause severe or even life-altering injuries. If you were recently involved in a motorcycle accident where you or a loved one sustained an injury, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Contact Distasio Law Firm at (813) 259-0022 for a free consultation. Our team will take the burden of pursuing damages off your shoulders so you can focus on your recovery. We will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries We Often See
Any type of injury can result from a motorcycle accident. Some common injuries we see include:
According to Mayo Clinic, a traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs from a violent blow to the head or body. Because there is no vehicle frame, seat belt, or airbag to protect motorcyclists during a motorcycle accident, they are often thrown from their bikes. When a motorcyclist is thrown from their bike, they can hit their head in the process.
The symptoms of a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can appear immediately or in the following weeks after a motorcycle accident.
These injuries can cause problems with cognitive functions like reasoning or memory, and executive functioning issues such as problem-solving and multitasking.
Damage to the neck and spinal cord can cause serious injuries, including complete paralysis. Neck and spinal cord injuries can impact your bladder or bowel control, creating circulatory problems that cause blood pressure to rise, or swelling in your extremities. Neck and spinal cord injuries may make it difficult to breathe.
Because of the force involved in a collision, especially one involving a motorcyclist, fractures are particularly common, according to the U.S. National Library of Medicine. These injuries can vary in severity but, depending on the type of fracture and location, can create opportunities for infection. Fractures may even be life-threatening.
All of these injuries can make it difficult or impossible to work or enjoy the same quality of life as before the accident. Regardless of the injuries you suffered, you have the right to hold the at-fault party responsible and know your legal options. We can help. Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer in Plant City from Distasio Law Firm at (813) 259-0022 for a free evaluation of your case.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Plant City, call (813) 259-0022
Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents In Plant City
There are many behaviors that can cause motorcycle accidents. Some of the most common include:
- Distracted driving:Cell phones, radios, and even passengers can create distractions that can cause a driver to overlook you on the road, causing a collision.
- Tailgating:Following a motorcyclist from behind too closely is dangerous. The driver can lose their ability to react if traffic suddenly slows or stops.
- Speeding:Driving at excessive speeds impacts the driver’s ability to avoid a collision when the flow of traffic changes unexpectedly.
- Blind spots:Attentiveness is necessary when driving. A motorcyclist can easily and unknowingly sit in the blind spot of a car and suffer impact from the side if the driver suddenly changes lanes.
- Alcohol or drugs:Drivers who operate cars or trucks while under the influence of drugs or alcohol are often overly confident in their abilities. This phenomenon can become deadly, since the substance causes impairment in the driver’s reaction time.
Our team of Plant City motorcycle accident lawyers will investigate your accident to determine how the other party caused your accident.
Plant City Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Damages You May Recover After A Plant City Motorcycle Accident
Here are a few types of damages you may be entitled to after a motorcycle accident in Plant City:
- Medical expenses, such as ambulance rides, hospital stays, medication, doctor’s examinations, and therapy
- Lost wages from time off work
- Future wages if you have lost your earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Dismemberment or disfigurement
If your loved one passed away because of a motorcycle accident, we want to extend our heartfelt condolences. We know that it can be difficult to think of anything else, especially something as frustrating and anxiety-inducing as going after the person who caused you to lose your loved one. However, the loss of your loved one might place you and your family in dire financial straits.
You may be entitled to damages through a wrongful death lawsuit. Damages you and your family might be entitled to recover include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of support and protection
- Loss of companionship
Please allow our team to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
How A Plant City Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
The team at Distasio Law Firm is here to help you. While you focus on healing your injuries or mourning the loss of your loved one, we can handle your claim.
Some specific ways we can help you are:
- Answering any questions and offering guidance.
- Investigating the details of your case, including gathering medical records, police reports, eyewitness statements, and surveillance video.
- Establishing liability in your accident.
- Hiring experts who can offer statements and potentially recreate the scene of the accident to determine what happened.
- Determining the value of your claim by adding up your total losses, as this will tell us what a fair settlement looks like.
- Negotiating with the insurance companies to pursue a settlement that covers your losses.
- Protecting your rights in court if we cannot reach an agreeable settlement.
When you work with our team, you don’t just end up with a case manager. You get a Plant City motorcycle accident lawyer dedicated to you and your case. We know how stressful this time must be for you and we want to do everything in our power to make the process as easy and straightforward as possible.
Our team is ready to get to work on your case today. Do not hesitate to call us. The sooner we get started, the sooner we can begin building your case. Contact Distasio Law Firm at (813) 259-0022 for a free case review evaluation.