Many drivers in St. Petersburg operate passenger vehicles. Accidents involving passenger vehicles often cause injuries to multiple people.
If you were injured in a passenger vehicle accident in St. Petersburg caused by another party’s negligence, you may be able to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
You do not need to face settlement negotiations or a personal injury lawsuit alone. A passenger vehicle accident lawyer in St. Petersburg from Distasio Law Firm may be able to manage your case while you concentrate on your recovery.
Distasio Law Firm invites St. Petersburg passenger vehicle accident victims to call us for a free consultation at (813) 259-0022. A member of our team will be happy to discuss your case and legal options. We may be able to represent your case on a contingency-fee basis.
For a free legal consultation with a passenger vehicle accidents lawyer serving St Petersburg, call (813) 259-0022
Statistics on Motor Vehicle Accidents in Pinellas County
St. Petersburg is located in Pinellas County, Florida. There are many accidents in Pinellas County every year. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were almost 18,000 total crashes in Pinellas County in 2018. Of these crashes, there were:
- 7,473 injury crashes resulting in 10,751 injuries
- 126 fatal crashes resulting in 130 fatalities
As you can see, you are not alone if you were hurt in an accident in Pinellas County. Many of these accidents included passenger vehicles with multiple occupants.
St Petersburg Passenger Vehicle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Negligence Can Cause Passenger Vehicle Accidents
You may be entitled to compensation if your St. Petersburg passenger vehicle accident was a result of someone else’s negligent actions.
Some accidents are the result of driver negligence. For example, a negligent driver may cause an accident if they are:
- Driving while distracted
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving while ignoring the rules of the road
In many cases, evidence that a driver violated a traffic law can establish their negligence.
Some passenger vehicle collisions are a result of malfunctioning equipment or a vehicle defect. In these cases, a negligent mechanic or manufacturer could be liable for the damages caused in the accident.
A passenger vehicle accident lawyer in St. Petersburg from Distasio Law Firm may be able to investigate your accident and determine who is liable for your injuries.
In order to do this, we may need to gather evidence by:
- Speaking with any eyewitnesses to your accident
- Reviewing the scene where the collision took place
- Accessing video surveillance from the accident
- Going over police reports from the wreck
- Hiring accident reconstruction or medical experts to testify in your defense
If we are able to prove that another party’s negligence caused your accident, they may be liable for your damages.
Click to contact our St. Petersburg Passenger Vehicle Accident Lawyers today
Compensation in a Passenger Vehicle Accident Case
The following compensation may be available to accident victims in St. Petersburg:
- Ambulance and emergency room treatment fees
- Costs of all medical treatment, including medications
- Estimated future costs of medical care
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- And more
If your loved one passed away in a passenger vehicle accident caused by another party’s negligence, you may be able to recover wrongful death damages. Distasio Law Firm also handles wrongful death lawsuits. Call us to learn more at (813) 259-0022.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Take These Steps After a St. Petersburg Passenger Vehicle Accident
Depending upon your situation, you may wish to take the following steps after a St. Petersburg passenger vehicle accident:
- Get medical care for your injuries
- Report the accident to the police
- Get contact information from the other driver and witnesses
- Take pictures of the accident and your injuries
- Get in touch with your insurance company
If you have any questions about your legal options or working with a lawyer on your case after taking these steps, call Distasio Law Firm for a free consultation.
The Statute of Limitations in Your Case
If you are considering legal action to pursue compensation for your injuries, do not wait too long. Florida generally imposes a four-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits per Florida Statute § 95.11. For wrongful death lawsuits, the statute of limitations is generally just two years.
Allowing this time limit to expire before you take legal action could prevent you from recovering compensation via a lawsuit, even if the evidence in your defense is strong.
There may be other circumstances in your case that affect your legal deadlines. A representative of the Distasio Law Firm can discuss the deadlines in your case when you call us for a free consultation.
Call Distasio Law Firm Today
A passenger vehicle accident lawyer in St. Petersburg from Distasio Law Firm may be able to represent you. This could allow us to:
- Answer your questions and give you legal advice
- Handle all communications on your behalf
- Manage the legal deadlines and paperwork in your case
- Identify the liable party
- Gather evidence of their liability and your injuries
- Negotiate for a settlement offer with the responsible party’s insurance company
- Take the case to trial if they do not make you a fair settlement offer
Take charge of your future if you were hurt in a passenger vehicle accident in St. Petersburg. Start working on a legal claim by contacting Distasio Law Firm. Call us today at (813) 259-0022for a free consultation on your case.
We may be able to take your case on a contingency-fee basis where you make no advanced payment for our representation. In this type of arrangement, we do not collect lawyer fees unless and until you recover compensation at the end of your case.