If your loved one passed away after becoming the victim of a personal injury accident in St. Petersburg, you may be able to take action to hold the negligent party accountable. You may be able to file an insurance claim or lawsuit to recover compensation. A wrongful death lawyer in St. Petersburg from Distasio Law Firm may be able to help you build a compelling argument.
Call (813) 259-0022 today to discuss your case with a member of our team. If we believe you have a case against the at-fault party, a St. Petersburg lawyer from Distasio Law Firm can pursue your wrongful death case on a contingency-fee basis. This means you will pay nothing out-of-pocket to get started, and we only collect payment if you win a settlement or award in court.
St. Petersburg Wrongful Death Cases and Florida Law
Almost any type of personal injury accident could support a wrongful death claim or lawsuit under Florida’s Wrongful Death Act. If we can prove that your loved one suffered injuries in an incident caused by someone else’s negligence, and that they passed away because of those injuries, you may qualify to take legal action.
We can pursue wrongful death cases that involve:
- Medical malpractice
- A car accident
- Defective product injuries
- A boat accident
- A fall or other premises liability accident
- Nursing home abuse
- Other negligence accidents
It is important to note that Florida law only allows some family members to recover compensation in a wrongful death action. This includes:
- Minor children
- Adult children
- Parents of the deceased
- Other members of the family in specific circumstances
At Distasio Law Firm, our team understands how these wrongful death statutes work. We can help you exercise your rights and pursue compensation. To learn more, call us at (813) 259-0022 today.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving St Petersburg, call (813) 259-0022
Benefits of Representation in a St. Petersburg Wrongful Death Case
When you sign on to work with a wrongful death lawyer in St. Petersburg from Distasio Law Firm, we will take the casework out of your hands so you can concentrate on your family. You can expect us to:
- Answer your questions, discuss possible outcomes in our case, and advise you throughout the process.
- Gather evidence that supports a wrongful death case, such as photos and videos, witness statements, police reports, and more.
- Hire accident recreation or other experts to testify when needed.
- Manage all legal deadlines and paperwork.
- Communicate with the insurance companies and the courts on your behalf.
- Bring your case to court if the insurance companies do not offer a fair settlement based on the evidence we provide.
- Defend your rights throughout the process.
Distasio Law Firm can help build your case and pursue fair compensation on your family’s behalf. Call Distasio Law Firm now at (813) 259-0022 to learn more.
St Petersburg Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Recoverable Damages in a Wrongful Death Action
When we take on your wrongful death case, our goal is to secure compensation for the losses you suffered as a result of your loved one’s death. The Florida Wrongful Death Act outlines the types of damages available. They include:
- Medical or funeral expenses paid by family members
- Compensation for mental and emotional suffering
- Loss of support and services
- Loss of companionship and protection for the surviving spouse
- Loss of guidance and instruction for surviving minor children
Certain circumstances may provide for additional damages to those listed here. The exact damages available in your family’s wrongful death case will depend on a number of factors.
To discuss possible damages in your case, speak with a representative of Distasio Law Firm now by calling (813) 259-0022.
Statute of Limitations in a Wrongful Death Case
Under Florida Statute 95.11(4), family members have two years from the date of the death to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If any of these deadlines pass, your family may lose its ability to recover compensation for wrongful death in court or via settlement.
A representative of Distasio Law Firm can answer questions about the statute of limitations in your wrongful death case. Call us today at (813) 259-0022.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a St. Petersburg Wrongful Death Attorney About Your Case
We offer free wrongful death case reviews to surviving family members. We can help you understand how the Florida Wrongful Death Act works and the rights it offers to family members of victims. A wrongful death lawyer in St. Petersburg from Distasio Law Firm may be able to help you secure compensation and hold the liable parties accountable.
Call (813) 259-0022 to discuss your St. Petersburg wrongful death case with our team. We provide complimentary initial consultations. Let us explain your rights and legal options today.