If you were a victim of a head-on collision in Tampa, you may have the right to hold the at-fault motorist liable for your injuries, financial losses, and non-economic damages. This could ensure that you have the money to overcome your accident-related expenses and losses. Distasio Law Firm is here to help you and your family through the insurance and legal processes.
You can reach a member of the traffic accident team from Distasio Law Firm today. We offer free case reviews to victims of Tampa-area head-on collisions and may be able to take on your claim on a contingency-fee basis. You will not pay anything out of pocket for our representation.
Distasio Law Firm Is Committed to Serving Accident Victims in Tampa
If you suffered injuries in a head-on collision in Tampa, a car accident lawyer in Tampa from Distasio Law Firm may be able to help you. We invite you to call and discuss your accident with a member of our team. We put our clients’ needs first, and we may be able to go to work for you immediately after your call.
With our firm on your side, you will have a lawyer working on your case and a legal team you can reach at any time.
By gathering available evidence and working with accident reconstruction specialists, your lawyer may be able to identify who’s at fault in the head-on collision and gather evidence to hold them responsible for their actions.
Call now to complete a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
For a free legal consultation with a head-on collisions accidents lawyer serving Tampa, call (813) 259-0022
What Distasio Law Firm Does for Head-On Collision Victims in Tampa
Our firm is a full-service operation. When a head-on collision victim hires us for their case, we finish the case. Our goal is to recover a settlement or judgment that covers all of the client’s losses—both current and future.
We handle every step of our clients’ cases, which may include:
- An initial meeting with the client: We’ll meet with you as soon as possible. During our initial meeting, we’ll record your account of the accident, listen to how your damages have affected you, and answer any questions that you have. We may also explain our strategy for securing compensation.
- An investigation of the head-on collision: Every head-on collision happens under unique circumstances. We will gather evidence, speak with witnesses, review video footage, and take other steps to investigate your accident. Our investigation will help us determine liability and secure evidence that may clearly show liability.
- Documentation of damages: We want to create a clear picture of your losses. Medical records, family members’ testimonies, and other documentation will help prove your damages. Such documentation will be an important feature of your case.
- Dealings with insurers: Insurance companies are generally part of the legal process, even if you choose to pursue a lawsuit. Insurance companies can violate an accident victim’s rights and may ultimately cost the victim compensation. For this reason, we’ll deal with insurers for you.
- Settlement negotiations: Liable parties do not simply give money to accident victims, even when the victim is clearly deserving. We’ll need to negotiate for the settlement you deserve, and we will.
- A trial: Though accident cases do not often go to trial, Distasio Law Firm is always prepared to go to court. We don’t determine your case’s path ahead of time. If the events of your case lead us to a trial, we’ll fight hard in court.
Everything we do for you comes secondary to this mission of protecting your rights. If your rights are not safe, then nothing else matters. Our team will shield you from unwanted contact as we pursue fair compensation. You’ll be able to focus on your recovery because we’re handling legal matters.
Our team is dedicated to our clients. We maintain active communication so that clients like you will be satisfied throughout their cases. Our former clients explain what it’s like to be represented by Distasio Law Firm:
- “I was hit by another driver on January 15th, 2020. I immediately reached out to Distasio Law Firm, which provided outstanding help during my difficult time. My case manager Melody answered all my questions and made this process a lot easier to handle. I am grateful for their services.” – Ashley, former client
- “Scott and his team went into detail in every aspect of my case and made sure I had no questions left unanswered. Distasio Law Firm was very receptive to my calls and emails and always got back to me in a timely manner.” – Barbara, former client
- “I found Distasio Law Firm to be very helpful. Scott and Leslie answered my queries in a professional and timely manner. I felt that I was in good, capable hands. Thank you very much. You did a great job in obtaining a satisfactory resolution to my case.” – Jennifer, former client
We will go the extra mile for you, too, should you choose us for your case in Tampa.
Tampa Head-On Collisions Accident Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Damages Available for Head-On Collision Victims in Tampa
We can gather evidence from your accident, which may show the responsible driver’s liability for your injuries. This may allow us to hold them liable for the economic and non-economic damages you suffered.
Recoverable damages in a Tampa traffic accident case depend on a number of factors, including the type and severity of your injuries. Our team can identify the losses you suffered and put a monetary value on them.
We may be able to recover damages that include:
- Current and future medical treatments and related costs
- Current and future lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle and any necessary rental car costs
- Out-of-pocket expenses you incurred because of the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages
Per Florida Statute 768.21, we may also pursue damages in a wrongful death claim if you are representing someone who lost their life in a Tampa head-on collision. Surviving family members may be eligible to collect wrongful death damages under Florida law.
To discuss what specific compensation may be available in your case, call Distasio Law Firm today.
Head-On Collisions Can Lead to Serious, Life-Altering Injuries
The causes of head-on collisions can vary widely. They may include distracted driving, speeding, reckless driving, fatigue or falling asleep, drunk driving, or other types of impaired driving.
Head-on collisions are among the most dangerous accident types. Injuries may include:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Back and neck injuries, including paralysis
- Chest injuries
- Internal injuries
- Injuries to the arms and legs
- Facial cuts and abrasions from airbags
- Burns and other injuries
Injuries in a head-on collision may be truly life-altering. They may require extensive rehabilitation and ongoing care, limit your mobility, and interfere with your ability to live independently. All too often, the victims sustain fatal injuries.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), the fatality rate for victims in a frontal impact accident in 2018 was 56 percent. This includes 57 percent for the occupants of cars and pick-ups and 55 percent for those in SUVs.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a Tampa-area head-on accident, let Distasio Law Firm review your case for free. We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee basis and commit the necessary financial resources and time to your car accident case. You will pay nothing out-of-pocket and owe no attorney fees unless and until you recover compensation via a settlement or judgment.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Time Limits on Filing a Tampa Head-On Collision Lawsuit
Florida generally imposes a statute of limitations, or legal time limit, on many types of lawsuits. If you allow the statute of limitations to expire without taking action in your Tampa head-on collision case, you could lose your right to hold the responsible driver liable via a lawsuit.
Under Florida Statute 95.11, the time limit to hold someone accountable for their negligence in a personal injury lawsuit is generally four years from the date of the accident. The general limit for wrongful death lawsuits in Florida is just two years from the date of the decedent’s passing.
Speak with a Member of Our Legal Team in Tampa Today
If you or a loved one was a victim of a head-on collision in Tampa, Distasio Law Firm is ready to help. We want to speak with you about your accident and your legal options. We may be able to recover compensation by proving the other driver was negligent and, therefore, liable.
Call Distasio Law Firm now to complete your free case review.