If a drunk driver caused your car accident and injuries, you may be able to hold them accountable for their actions in an auto insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. Our team can help you do so.
Our law firm offers free case evaluations to drunk driving accident victims and surviving family members in Wesley Chapel, Florida. If you qualify for damages, we can assign a lawyer to work on your case and fight hard for the justice you deserve.
Distasio Law Firm Prides Itself on Helping Our Clients Recover
It is often very challenging and time-consuming to seek compensation after a drunk driving accident. Distasio Law Firm has been in business for over 30 years, so we have the experience and the passion to handle all aspects of our clients’ cases, including:
- Pursuing the necessary evidence:Insurance companies often need to be convinced to pay a fair settlement. We can collect documentary evidence to strengthen your case.
- Quantifying damages and injuries:To make sure you ask for enough money to cover your needs, we can review the case and assign a dollar amount to each of your
- Filling out all paperwork:You can avoid making clerical mistakes by allowing our team to fill out and submit all necessary forms on your behalf.
- Meeting with the insurance company:We will get in touch with the insurer and negotiate with them for fair compensation.
- Going to court: If the insurer will not negotiate, we are willing and able to represent you in the courtroom.
At Distasio Law Firm, our team puts our clients’ best interests first. This is The Distasio Personal Touch. We make the legal process as stress-free as possible by:
- Making time to answer all questions:If and when you need answers, do not hesitate to get in touch. We can take all the time you need to understand and feel comfortable with every part of the legal process.
- Explaining your rights:We make sure that all clients understand their legal rights and options under the law.
- Keeping you updated: All throughout the case, we will let you know when something important happens that requires your attention.
- Providing free case reviews:Members of our team are standing by right now to assess your case at no cost or obligation to you.
- Working for a contingency fee: We collect attorney’s fees once you get your money. If we cannot win compensation for you, then we do not collect those fees.
During this difficult time, you can rely on The Distasio Difference: our commitment to helping all clients receive justice and fair compensation. One happy Wesley Chapel client even remarked, “There was never a time that I did not feel that they were working in my best interest…”
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Wesley Chapel, call (813) 259-0022
Recoverable Damages in Drunk Driving Accident Cases
A lawyer from Distasio Law Firm may be able to build a strong argument to secure either a settlement from the drunk driver’s insurance company or a court award at trial. Your Wesley Chapel case could entitle you to the following damages and more, depending on the effects your drunk driving accident had on your life.
You may receive compensation for financial suffering caused by:
- Related medical bills and care costs, both current and future, that are necessary for your physical and psychological recovery
- Lost wages, as well as reduced earning capacity if applicable
- Lost employment if you are no longer able to work at all
- Repair or replacementof your vehicle
- Other expenses related to vehicle damage (e.g., bus fare, if you had to take public transportation instead of driving)
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident(e.g., hiring a babysitter to watch your children while you received medical care)
In addition to economic damages, you may receive compensation for physical and emotional suffering caused by:
- Pain and suffering, both physical and psychological, that you would not have experienced if the accident had not happened
- Physical disabilitycaused by the loss of any body part (e.g., the amputation of a limb) or the loss of use of any body part (e.g., due to nerve damage)
- Intellectual disabilitycaused by a traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Severe scarring or disfigurementthat will permanently affect your appearance or the range of motion of the affected area
- Reduced quality of liferesulting from an inability to complete necessary or enjoyable activities without assistance
- Loss of consortium, meaning the negative effect your injuries have had on your emotional, physical, or sexual relationship with your spouse
If you suffered injuries in a Wesley Chapel car accident caused by a drunk driver, It is very important that you act quickly. The statute of limitations on personal injury cases, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), is four years; cases filed after this deadline are not valid.
While this statute may give you up to four years to file a lawsuit, our team may need to start building your case much sooner while certain evidence is available. Supporting evidence may include the following:
- The traffic crash report filed by police who responded to the accident
- Eyewitness statements
- Physical evidence, such as the damaged vehicles
- Medical records
- Documentation of your injuries, treatment, and prognosis
- Expert opinions, if necessary
- Photographs or video footage from you, witnesses, or surveillance cameras
The types of evidence necessary and available in your case will depend on the specifics of your drunk driving accident. You can depend on the whole team at Distasio Law Firm to do everything we can to build a strong case from all available evidence.
Wesley Chapel Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Drunk Driving Is Illegal and Dangerous
Drunk driving accidents are not rare in Florida. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), in 2020 there were:
- 4,514 total alcohol-related accidents statewide
- 361 alcohol-related fatal accidents in Florida
- Over 2,500 reported injury cases that occurred as a result of a drunk driving accident
In Pasco County alone, there were 176 drunk driving accidents reported in 2020. This included 122 injuries and 10 fatal accidents. These numbers are particularly upsetting since, as stated at Florida Statutes § 316.193, drunk driving is illegal in the state of Florida.
If you sustained injuries in a drunk driving accident, Distasio Law Firm would like to discuss your options for holding the at-fault motorist accountable. Our team may be able to help you by dedicating the necessary resources and time to build a strong case for receiving the compensation you need.
Discuss Your Case with Our Team Today
Drunk driving is not only potentially reckless and dangerous, it is also illegal. If you were injured in a drunk driving accident in Wesley Chapel, call (813) 259-0022 for a free case review. A lawyer from Distasio Law Firm may be able to help you hold the at-fault motorist accountable.