If you or a loved one was a victim of a side-impact collision, you might be entitled to pursue compensation for your injuries and related damages. Side-impact collisions can have a severe financial impact on an individual and their family, among other types of damages. If you are still trying to recover from bodily injuries, psychological trauma, or other consequences of the accident, you do not have to endure this battle alone.
Let Distasio Law Firm take on your case and help you fight for the compensation you need. If your accident occurred in Wesley Chapel or the surrounding areas in Pasco County, Florida, a Wesley Chapel side-impact collisions lawyer may review your case and begin strategizing your case argument.
Call (813) 259-0022 today for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a side-impact collisions lawyer serving Wesley Chapel, call (813) 259-0022
Side-Impact Collisions Can Occur When a Driver Is Negligent at an Intersection
Many side-impact collisions are caused by driver negligence, but in some situations, vehicle and environmental factors may have also contributed to the accident. Motor vehicle accidents of any type can be caused by common negligent or reckless behaviors like drinking and driving, texting while driving, and speeding, among other careless behaviors, but certain scenarios are unique to side-impact collisions.
Right of Way
Florida Statutes §316.123 discusses right-of-way laws in the state, mandating that drivers give the right of way in appropriate situations, particularly during intersection crossings. All drivers must yield the right of way in the following scenarios:
- When another vehicle arrived at a four-way intersection first or to the vehicle on the right if two or more vehicles arrive at the same time
- When approaching a yield or stop sign
- When approaching a roundabout
- To any vehicle that has already entered an intersection or is about to enter an intersection
On top of giving the right of way at intersections, drivers must also remain vigilant about vehicles making turns at intersections and medians. Some common scenarios that lead to side-impact collisions include:
- A driver who got hit by an approaching vehicle while turning left
- A driver who crashed into a driver making a U-turn while they were making a right turn
- A driver who did not see approaching traffic when attempting to make a right or left turn
- A driver who got hit while trying to cross a roadway to enter a median
In these scenarios, the driver at fault is not always immediately clear, or both parties might be considered partially at fault.
Whether your side-impact collision occurred during a turn or while crossing an intersection, you will need to argue how the other driver’s negligence or recklessness led to the collision. You can hire a Wesley Chapel side-impact collisions lawyer from Distasio Law Firm to help you structure your argument, which might be based around these four main points:
- The other driver had a duty to obey right of way laws and other traffic laws to keep all road users safe from harm.
- The other driver did not follow these rules and put you (the plaintiff) at risk of harm when they committed an action (e.g., making an improper turn) or neglected to commit an action (e.g., not stopping for a red light).
- Because of this breach, the other driver caused a side-impact collision with your vehicle.
- You suffered injuries during the collision and subsequent damages related to your injuries.
Call Distasio Law Firm at (813) 259-0022 for a free consultation. We can explain more about how we may be able to represent you in your case.
Wesley Chapel Side-Impact Collisions Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
You Might Be Entitled to Collect Damages for Your Side-Impact Collision Injuries
If you were injured in a side-impact collision, you may be entitled to receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses for treating your bodily injuries
- Loss of income if you had to stay home from work to recover from your injuries
- Property damage, such as to your vehicle and possessions inside
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Permanent injuries, disabilities, or loss of bodily functions you incurred from the accident
- Permanent changes to your appearance, such as scarring and disfigurement
Your lawyer might focus on making sure that you are not considered partially at fault for the side-impact collision, as Florida Statutes §768.81 reduces compensation based on the plaintiff’s percentage of fault.
Click to contact our Wesley Chapel Side-Impact Collisions Lawyers today
Side-Impact Collisions Cases Must Abide by the Statute of Limitations
Personal injury cases can involve any situation where a plaintiff sustained an injury due to someone’s negligence. If you want to file a lawsuit about your side-impact collision, you have to file your case by the deadline set by the statute of limitations in Florida.
Florida Statutes §95.11 gives plaintiffs about four years from the date of the action that caused injury to file their personal injury lawsuit. However, if the collision resulted in the death of the injured party, the decedent’s surviving spouse, child, or parent may file a wrongful death lawsuit. The same statute gives plaintiffs about two years to do so.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hire a Wesley Chapel Side-Impact Collisions Lawyer from Distasio Law Firm
If you are interested in getting legal assistance for your side-impact collision case, consider hiring a personal injury lawyer from Distasio Law Firm. Our firm has been practicing personal injury law for 31 years and helping clients fight for the compensation they need to start recovering from their car accident damages. If you need help building your case against a negligent driver, we want to help you do so.
Contact our law firm at (813) 259-0022 today for a free consultation with one of our team members about your side-impact collision. We can begin setting up your client profile and start taking steps to gather materials for your case, whether that means conducting our own investigation or requesting documents on your behalf. We do what it takes to help our clients have their voices heard, so do not hesitate to reach out to our team today.