A Holiday personal injury lawyer from Distasio Law Firm may be able to help if someone else’s negligence in Pasco County hurt you. We provide compassionate and caring representation for those facing financial losses due to their physical and emotional injuries.
Our team provides legal services based on contingency fees. We also offer no-obligation free consultations so that injury victims can learn more about their rights, options, and how we can help. Our team gets to know every client we represent and pursues the best possible outcome on their behalf. You can learn more during your consultation with us.
Recovering Compensation for Our Clients Hurt in Holiday
When our team files an insurance claim or goes to trial on a client’s behalf, we present strong evidence to show the defendant caused their injuries and is legally responsible for the harm they suffered. This includes not only their physical and emotional harm but also their financial damages.
To hold the negligent party accountable, we must value the case and recover fair and just compensation to ensure our client’s bills are paid and that they do not suffer lasting losses or financial stress as a result. This is the goal of the insurance claim or lawsuit in a Holiday personal injury case.
Recoverable damages in these cases vary but could include:
- Medical expenses, including treatment and related costs
- Future care and support expenses
- Lost wages and other income
- Reduced ability to earn because of long-term injuries
- Property damages
- Miscellaneous expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Other intangible losses
- Wrongful death damages for surviving family members
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Holiday, call (813) 259-0022
Distasio Law Firm Fights for Justice on Behalf of Clients Injured in Holiday
At Distasio Law Firm, we have recovered millions for our personal injury clients. This includes cases in Holiday, elsewhere in Pasco County, and throughout the state.
If you hire our firm to represent your case, we will seek financial recovery for you, too. We may be able to negotiate a settlement or win a payout in court that forces the liable party to take responsibility for their negligent actions. Throughout this process, you can expect to experience The Distasio Difference, which includes:
- Direct communication with your attorney
- A willingness to take your case to trial
- The resources and ability to go to represent you in court
- More than 30 years of experience handling personal injury cases
- An “AV”-rated lawyer listed in Martindale-Hubbell’s law directory for his ability and ethics who is also board-certified by the Florida Bar in trial law
You will also receive The Distasio Personal Touch,whichensures you receive top quality service and compassionate care every step of the way. We believe every client deserves hands-on support and representation, and we pride ourselves on going the extra mile for everyone.
You should not have to feel alone or stressed out during this difficult time. We are here to ensure you get the answers you need, provide peace of mind about the future, and fight for justice for you. You can count on our team members to listen to you, whether you have questions, comments about your case, concerns about what will happen, or other information you need us to know.
“Everyone at Distasio Law is amazing. There was never a time that I did not feel that they were working in my best interest or that they were working hard. If I asked, it was answered. Scott proved to me that he was willing to do everything in his power to help me get back to normal, and Leslie worked tirelessly to make it happen as quickly as possible. I will definitely refer Distasio Law.”
Holiday Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Negligence and Liability in a Holiday, FL, Personal Injury Case
Our team must prove negligence and liability when representing a client in a personal injury claim or civil suit. Establishing that another party is legally responsible for your accident and injuries is critical in recovering compensation in your case.
Imagine you were hurt when a driver ran a red light on U.S. 19. We will need to show that the driver had an obligation to stop at the light, that they failed to do so, and that this caused your injuries. We know the necessary steps required to do this and will handle the investigation on your behalf.
Other examples of personal injuries could include:
- Auto accidents
- Medical malpractice and pharmacy malpractice
- Slip and falls
- Trip and falls
- Other premises liability incidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Wrongful death
To prove negligence and liability, we must confirm four things:
- The defendant had a duty to do or not do something.
- They failed to uphold their duty, putting our client in danger.
- Their failure led to an incident or accident that injured our client.
- Our client suffered physical, emotional, and financial harm and must be compensated for these damages.
While these cases usually settle outside of court – especially since the insurance companies know our firm will go to trial – we need to keep the filing deadlines for lawsuits in mind. There are also exceptions and certain circumstances that could alter these timelines.
In general, we have:
- Up to four years to file an injury lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a)
- Up to two years to begin a wrongful death action, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d)
Get Your Free Consultation with Our Team Today
You can speak with a member of our Holiday personal injury team for free today. We provide complimentary case reviews and consultations for injured victims. Call (813) 259-0022 to get started.