If you or a loved one is recovering from an injury in Land O’ Lakes, FL, you may be at the beginning stages, wondering what to do, or you may be somewhere in the middle, thinking about your next step because negotiations are not going as planned. No matter where you are in your legal journey, we can help you find a strategy for your situation and hold those who harmed you accountable.
An accident or negligent act can hurt your ability to take care of yourself or your family. You may fall behind on your bills because you’ve lost income or are permanently injured and unable to do or enjoy the things you used to. Distasio Law Firm is here to help you recover compensation for your losses. You can learn more about how our Land O’ Lakes personal injury lawyer can represent you.
The Distasio Personal Touch Puts Us Ahead of the Rest
We have recovered millions of dollars for the injured victims we have represented, as you can see from our case results. But our firm believes in providing legal services that put people first. For more than 30 years, we have been giving each case we handle The Distasio Personal Touch, which means each client receives personalized legal care. We value client communication as we learn about the people we help.
We take the time to listen and understand them and their situation, so we know exactly what to do. When you meet with us, we will tell you about what you’re facing so that you understand what’s ahead and answer any questions you have. We are here to support you and are always a phone call, email, or office visit away. At no point in the legal journey are you alone.
Consider what some of our past clients have said about working with us:
- I would send anyone with an injury that I come in contact with to Distasio Law Firm. The complete process was very fluid and trust this statement: They have everything under control!! Thank you, Scott and all of the staff at Distasio Law Firm! – Thomas Adams
- The Distasio Law Firm made the entire process stress free. I was updated throughout the process, and was assured they were handling everything. Everyone was very nice and professional. – Erica Russell
- When my family was devastated by events that we had no control over, I had no idea where to turn. Enter Scott Distasio. Scott was more than an attorney. He was a friend that showed care and compassion and was there for every step of the process… – Dan Houle
We understand that personal injury cases put a lot of people in a place of financial hardship, so we don’t require our clients to pay us upfront for our services. We are a contingency law firm, which means we get paid only if our client collects compensation.
We take our legal fees if you recover an award. If you don’t, you don’t owe us any money. This payment arrangement allows us to start on your case right away, which is important if we must move quickly to recover time-sensitive evidence. We will ensure we’re in agreement with you concerning payment before we begin on your case.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Land O Lakes, call (813) 259-0022
Damages You Could Recover in Your Land O’ Lakes Personal Injury Case
Pasco County residents who are dealing with disabling injuries stemming from accidents and other situations in Land O’ Lakes can seek to recover monetary compensation for the physical and emotional losses they suffered. When you come to us, we will listen to your account of what happened and determine the damages you can pursue. We will consider various factors, including:
- How severe your injuries and losses are
- The physical and mental pain suffered
- How long your recovery time will be
Damages generally fall into two groups: economic and non-economic. Your economic damages cost you or will cost you financially and can be proven with documentation, such as a receipt. Under this category, you may be able to recoup the costs of:
- Lost income and work benefits, including tips
- Reduced ability to earn wages if your injuries stop you from returning to work
- Expenses for medical treatment, including ongoing care and rehabilitation
- Property damage (including repairs or replacement of an item)
Non-economic damages are those losses that have no fixed dollar value but significantly impact your life. While these damages are challenging to quantify, our lawyer can assess them accurately and assign a value to them. Once they look at all the damages you can recover, they will be able to determine how much compensation you can seek from the liable party.
These damage types include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Disability or disfigurement
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Loss of companionships
Your non-economic damages can also include those that affect you in the future.
Injuries are also unfortunate in that not everyone will survive them. If you and your family have lost a loved one due to someone else’s recklessness, we are truly sorry for your loss.
We would be honored to represent your loved one and your family to recover an award that could help you start to heal. We realize that money does not take a loved one’s place, but some financial recovery could make your loss a bit easier to manage when certain expenses are covered, including:
- Funeral and burial expenses that helped you lay your loved one to rest
- Hospitalization and medical treatment expenses for their final care
- Other end-of-life expenses
You may be able to request that other damages be compensated that are not listed here. Our team is ready to help you take legal action on your loved one’s behalf. We can meet with you during a free consultation to explain how Florida law applies to wrongful death actions and the process that takes place.
Land O Lakes Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
We Advocate for Our Personal Injury Clients and Put Them First
A Land O’ Lakes personal injury lawyer can seek legal action on your behalf in almost any scenario or situation that resulted from someone’s negligence. Whether you had a car accident while riding along Land O’ Lakes Boulevard (U.S. Route 41) or slipped and fell while visiting a store at the nearby Shoppes at Sunlake Centre or the outlet mall off I-75 and State Road 56, we represent clients in various kinds of personal injury cases, including those involving:
No matter what your case entails, we will take care of every aspect of your case so that you can focus on improving your health and taking care of other matters that are important to you and your family. When we take on a case and manage it, we will:
- Represent you in all meetings with all case parties
- Communicate with the liable party’s insurer and attorney, always looking out for your interests
- Negotiate for compensation that covers the cost of your injuries and losses
- Fight for your award at trial in front of a judge and jury if we must go to trial
We are not afraid to take your case to trial. Our attorney is Certified by the Florida Bar in Trial Law and is prepared to present your case to prove your damages. Very few attorneys in Florida share this honor-about 1%. When we manage your case, you can be assured we will go the distance to help you recover what you need.
We will take care of various tasks for you as we build your case. Some of which include:
- Investigating your case thoroughly
- Collecting and reviewing all evidence that supports your case (medical records, police reports, photos, video footage, surveillance footage)
- Interviewing witnesses and expert witnesses who can verify your account of events
- Identifying all liable parties in your case
- Establishing negligence and liability in your case
- Notifying all parties that you intend to take legal action to recover your damages
- Preparing and filing your civil action with the court if negotiations don’t work out
- Regularly updating you on your case and explaining what those developments mean
We will take care of the daily tasks and make all required phone calls and other communications. You can learn more about how we customized our services to your case during a free consultation today.
Your Land O’ Lakes Personal Injury Case Has a Set Deadline
Deciding to pursue legal recovery for a personal injury is an important decision that only you can make. While there are several factors to consider, you still must monitor your time. Florida law sets a deadline for how long injured victims can seek civil action. The state allows only four years for injured parties to hold liable parties responsible for their damages, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
If you are interested in moving forward with a wrongful death action, you have two years, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d). We will determine how long you have before you are barred from pursuing action in your case. Deadlines can also vary according to who is involved in the case, such as a nursing home or government entity.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Team Can Evaluate Your Case Today for Free
If you have experienced injuries from an accident or losses of some kind in the Land O’ Lakes, FL, area, our personal injury lawyer could help you recover damages. Civil action against those accountable for harming you or a loved one can bring peace of mind, a sense of justice, and payment that can help you cover unexpected expenses and losses.
We have served many clients over the past 30-plus years, and we are confident that The Distasio Difference can help you get back on track. Reach out to us now at (813) 259-0222 to discuss your matter with us today during a free consultation.