Do You Need a Clearwater Auto Accident Lawyer?
Being involved in an automobile accident is very frightening and extremely stressful. Most likely many questions about what to do next including:
- What type of medical care do I need in Clearwater?
- How do I pay for the medical care I need?
- How do I get back the money I lost from missing work?
- Can I hold the person that caused the auto accident responsible for my harm and losses?
- Can a Clearwater car accident lawyer help me?
- How do I find the best Clearwater auto accident attorney?
The attorneys of Distasio Law Firm can answer all of your questions about your rights in the aftermath of an automobile accident. Our firm will be attentive to your unique situation and will guide you through the lawful pursuit of compensation and recovery. We will make you and your case a priority, and formulate the appropriate strategy to defend and protect your best interests. You need to focus on your recovery, while our auto accident attorneys focus on getting you the justice that you deserve.
Clearwater Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
The Distasio Law Firm Difference
How do you know if you have hired the best Clearwater car accident lawyer? The best way to know is to find a lawyer that has all the below characteristics.
- Knowledge and Experience Handling Auto Accident Cases
Your lawyer should not only know Florida car accident law. That lawyer should also have years of experience handling car crash cases. Scott Distasio has been handling car crash cases for over 27 years. His years of experience investigating, negotiating, settling, filing lawsuits, taking depositions, and going to trial will absolutely make a difference in your case.
- Independent Verification of the Lawyers Ability
All attorneys claim they know what they are doing. Their marketing materials may also be persuasive. But you will only know the truth about that lawyer if the lawyer is rated by respected independent non-biased rating systems. Scott Distasio has an “AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell law Directory. This is the highest rating an attorney can receive for both ability and ethics. Scott Distasio is also Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Trial law. To achieve this accomplishment a lawyer must have tried a minimum number of cases to a jury and pass a competency exam. Less than 1% of all Florida lawyers are Board Certified.
- Willingness and Ability to Go to Trial
Not all personal injury cases go to trial. The truth is most cases settle. But if your case does need to go to trial it’s important to hire a law firm that has the experience, resources and ability to try your case. Scott Distasio is a board certified civil trial lawyer. This gives him the right to call himself an expert trial lawyer.
Why Hire Distasio Law Firm to Help With Your Clearwater Car Accident?
Clients of many of the car accident law firms end up becoming just a case number. Many of their legal associates are pretty much apathetic about final results. Firms like these are easily recognizable to insurance companies and their clients often end up with much lower settlement offers. Don’t entrust your case to a firm where settlements are commonplace and the level of service shows a lack of interest in their clients’ welfare.
Set apart from the rest, the guiding principle at the Distasio Law Firm is to make our clients a priority at all times. Clients always speak directly to attorneys in regard to their cases. The lawyers of Distasio Law Firm fully invest their time, resources, and experience to work hard for you in our negotiations with insurance companies. When putting together a strategy that is best suited to your distinctive case and situation, we are unyielding in our fight to see that you receive your deserved compensation. If getting you the settlement we believe you are entitled to means going to trial, we are ready to achieve success in the courtroom for you as well.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Should You Do After Experiencing Auto Accident Injuries?
Seek medical attention immediately if you have been injured in a car accident in Clearwater, or anywhere in the state of Florida, but also be aware that sometimes the injuries or effects of an accident may not appear until days, or even weeks, later. Be proactive about addressing your injuries. The more ammunition you have for your personal injury claim, the better off you will be.
Even if you didn’t go for some type of medical attention on the day of the accident, you can still do so, as medical records from the days following an accident are still very important. Prompt medical attention is absolutely key to the outcome of your personal injury case.
One of the most significant actions you can take is to choose the right auto accident law firm to represent you. Be assured that the attorneys at The Distasio Law Firm are especially skillful at ensuring that all evidence is preserved- especially during the time immediately following the accident. We will diligently and tirelessly research all the details of your case, perform in-depth witness interviews, and scrutinize every aspect of applicable case law. Not all law firms can claim proficiency in this critical facet of personal injury law.
How Much is My Case Worth?
It’s not easy to immediately put a potential value on an automobile accident case. Adequate time is needed to fully evaluate all the injuries and establish value for all the health care costs and lost wages. Begin the process by consulting with your doctor to establish what is referred to as the maximum medical improvement (MMI) for your case. This can take four to six months. It will require multiple examinations by your doctors to completely diagnose all the injuries that are a result of the automobile accident.
Florida law states that a person injured in a car accident can hold the person who caused the accident accountable for damages including:
- Medical Expenses: You are entitled to the reasonable cost of all current and future medical care including hospitalization, surgery, medical doctors, chiropractors and physical therapy.
- Lost Wages: If you to lose time from work or you have to take a job that pays you less due to the car accident, you are entitled to recover this expense now and into the future.
- Pain and Suffering: Includes compensation for enduring the physical pain and for mental anguish, disfigurement, and the loss of enjoyment of life.
- Wrongful Death: When an auto accident claims the life of a loved one, the spouse and children are entitled to compensation for funeral expenses and for their pain and suffering.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Distasio Law Firm is familiar with the various types of injuries caused by car accidents. The most common injuries that occur are:
- Whiplash: This injury is caused by the violent whipping motion that your body goes through during a car crash and most commonly occurs in your neck and your low back. As the body is whipped back and forth, the vertebrae bang into each other, muscles tear, and the ligaments of the spine stretch. Doctors might also refer to these injuries as sprain strain injuries.
- Herniated Discs: Discs are the soft cushiony material in your spine between each of your vertebrae. Trauma from a car crash can cause them to rupture and or herniate, and the disc material can then touch nerves running through the spine. This causes numbness or pain that radiates down the arms or legs.
- Broken Bones: The most common broken bones include arms, legs, ribs, and hands and is often caused by these body parts hitting the inside of the vehicle after impact.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: The head usually whips back and forth during impact, causing the brain to slam into the skull bones causing swelling and even hemorrhaging. The long-term effects can include memory loss, personality changes, and issues with anger management.
- Shoulder Injuries: Many drivers will grip the steering wheel tightly during a car crash, causing the energy from the impact to travel through the steering wheel, up the arm, and into the shoulder. Shoulder injuries that are the most common include rotator cuff tears, bicep tendon tears, and labrum tears.
Looking for a Auto Accident Attorney in
Clearwater? Call (727) 254-4978 Today!
Types of Auto Accident Cases We Handle
At Distasio Law Firm we handle any type of auto accident case. The ones we see most often include:
- Distracted Drivers: You know these drivers. We see them all around us on the roads. They are on the phone while driving, texting while driving, putting make up on while driving, eating while driving, or simply not paying attention to the road.
- Reckless Drivers: These drivers are weaving in and out of traffic and are often in a hurry. They are often speeding or driving to fast for the road and weather conditions. They simply do not care about the risks they are taking with the lives of all the drivers around them.
- Driving While Under the Influence (DUI): This includes drunk drivers and drivers under the influence of illegal drugs or prescription medications.
- Rear-End Collision: The rear-end crash is by far the most common type of car accident. In Florida, the law presumes the rear driver is responsible for the collision.
- Driving While Tired or Fatigued: These drivers are most often driving commercial vehicles like trucks, tractor trailers, 18 wheelers, and or big rigs. They are driving too many hours in a row so they can get more loads delivered. They become so tired while driving that their reaction time slows.
- Poorly Maintained Automobiles: Some people fail to maintain their vehicles. The brakes do not work properly, the tires blow out, or the lights do not come on at night or during braking.