College-bound students who wish to apply for the Distasio Law Firm Birth Injury Scholarship must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The student must satisfy all eligibility requirements set forth in the Rules for Eligibility described on the scholarship page.
- The student must submit their application, proof of birth injury, and an essay by the June 15, 2023 deadline.
- The student may not hold Distasio Law Firm responsible for missing the application deadline due to technical difficulties.
Anyone who meets the following conditions is NOT eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of Distasio Law Firm
- Past recipients of the Birth Injury Survivor Scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to be interviewed by a representative of Distasio Law Firm if he/she were to be awarded the scholarship.
- Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple scholarships.
Criteria by Which Scholarship Winner Will Be Chosen
Distasio Law Firm will gather and assess all submitted applications. We will choose the application and essay that we feel best captures the spirit of determination we want to serve as an example to other birth injury survivors.
Distasio Law Firm reserves the right to contact applicants and ask for additional information needed to further evaluate your submission.
Distasio Law Firm does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, national origin, religion, or membership in any other protected category.
The Distasio Law Firm decision is final and is not subject to debate or negotiation.
The Distasio Law Firm will use information shared on applicants’ applications only for the purpose of considering potential scholarship winners. Applicants’ information will not be sold, shared, or distributed to any outside party.
The Distasio Law Firm reserves the right to publish the name and essay submitted by the scholarship winner in any form of media our law firm deems appropriate, including, but not limited to press releases, social media, and websites.