If another party caused your injuries and financial losses in Hillsborough County, Florida, you may be able to prove they are accountable and recover damages from them. A Carrollwood personal injury lawyer from Distasio Law Firm can pursue your case and file an insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
Our team provides complimentary case consultations to those hurt in and around Carrollwood and our other service areas nearby. Our experienced team of attorneys want to ensure victims understand their legal rights and take steps to recover compensation on their behalf.
Seeking Damages Based on Your Injuries, Expenses, and Losses
At Distasio Law Firm, we know how stressful and frustrating it is to suffer injuries and financial damages because of someone else’s negligence. We help our clients recover monetary damages so that they can pay accident-related expenses. We know this will not undo the damage done or erase the pain and suffering. However, it makes it easier to pay for care, ensure you can make ends meet, and focus on your physical and emotional healing.
The damages we pursue for our clients may include various losses and costs. Common examples include:
- Current and future medical care, hospitalization, and related expenses
- Lost wages, benefits, and other income
- Reduced ability to work and earn a living due to lasting injuries
- Property damages the accident/incident caused
- Miscellaneous related costs
- Pain and suffering
- Non-economic damages
Our well-versed personal injury attorneys also handle wrongful death claims and lawsuits in Carrollwood. If your loved one died from someone else’s negligence, we may be able to recover compensation for your family that includes:
- Medical bills
- Burial and funeral costs
- Lost income and benefits
- Other financial expenses and losses
- Non-economic damages that surviving family members suffered
Distasio Law Firm Offers a Personalized, Compassionate Experience for Victims
For more than 30 years, attorney Scott Distasio and his team have focused on putting our clients first. We are committed to going the extra mile to provide the best representation in every case. We take pride in our work and believe that The Distasio Personal Touch is why our former clients are willing to endorse our attorneys via testimonials and recommendations to family and friends.
Hear it from Angela Villalobos, a client at our Tampa office:
“Distasio Law Firm handled my case amazingly. Leslie had great communication with me throughout everything. Scott was willing to go to trial for me, but did not pressure me. In the end, they got me back more money than I expected. I would highly recommend this firm to everyone.”
If you hire our firm, you will see The Distasio Difference firsthand. You can expect to:
- Communicate directly with your attorney
- Have someone available to address your questions and concerns
- Receive representation from a lawyer who can and will go to trial
- Receive backing from a Florida personal injury legal team
We Don’t Receive Payment Unless You Do
Attorney Scott Distasio has an “AV” rating from the Martindale-Hubbell law directory for his ability and ethics. He is also board-certified by the Florida Bar in trial law. We handle personal injury cases based on contingency fees, so we do not ask clients for any money upfront.
We do not charge a retainer or other upfront fees. Instead, we ask for a percentage of the settlement or additional money damages we recover for you. This means we only get paid when you do. We will be glad to answer any additional questions you have about this pricing structure during your initial consultation.
Preparing a Carrollwood Personal Injury Claim or Lawsuit and Recovering Damages
Personal injury cases are built based on negligence. To win monetary damages for a client in one of these claims, we must be able to show the at-fault party caused their injuries and is legally responsible. For example, you may have a viable personal injury case in Carrollwood if:
- A motorist failed to yield when turning left and hit you on Fletcher Avenue
- You fell and suffered a knee injury at Publix at The Village Center
- Your doctor administered the wrong medication at AdventHealth Carrollwood
Some circumstances that may support a personal injury claim or lawsuit include:
- Traffic accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and falls
- Trip and falls
- Other hazards on someone else’s property
- Nursing home abuse
- Wrongful death
- Other bodily injuries
To build a case against the party who caused our client’s injuries, we must prove:
- What happened
- Who caused the accident or incident
- Who shares legal liability
- How much our client lost as a result
- How this will affect our client’s future
We will investigate what happened and gather evidence to prove the four elements required to establish negligence, which are:
- The at-fault party was legally obligated to keep our client safe.
- They failed to do so, usually because of carelessness or recklessness.
- Their actions led to dangerous circumstances, such as a collision.
- Our client suffered harm: injuries, pain and suffering, and financial losses.
We will do so if we need to sue the liable party or parties in a Hillsborough County civil court. Then, we can take the case to a judge and jury and ask them to decide what they believe the case is worth.
We must meet the deadlines to sue. This generally includes:
- Personal injury: Two years under Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a)
- Wrongful death: Two years under Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d)
The deadline could differ in your case, though. We encourage all accident victims in Carrollwood to act quickly or for trusted family members to contact one of our proactive lawyers on their behalf. This is the best way to protect your right to sue in a personal injury case.
Speak with a Carrollwood Personal Injury Attorney for Free Today
You can discuss your rights, legal options, and more with the team from Distasio Law Firm for free today. We provide these consultations to help victims understand their rights and legal options and how we can help. Call today to talk about your case with a Carrollwood personal injury lawyer.