If you or a loved one was recently injured in an accident in Tampa, Florida, you may be eligible to pursue financial compensation from the party who caused or contributed to the cause of the accident. At Distasio Law Firm, we help people in Central Florida fight for their right to have their damages paid for by the negligent parties that caused their injuries.
We will review your case for free and discuss your litigation options with you, whether it involves filing an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. Should you feel we’re the right match for you, we can assign a Tampa personal injury lawyer from our team to work on your case right away.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Tampa, call (813) 259-0022
Our Case Results Include Multi-Million-Dollar Verdicts and Settlements For Clients
When searching for a personal injury lawyer, it can be difficult to determine which firm you should pick to handle your case. One factor you should consider is the firm’s case history because its case results can give you an idea of the firm’s skill set.
Here are some successes our team at Distasio Law Firm has had when handling personal injury cases. We have provided these so that you can see examples of what we can do on behalf of our personal injury clients in Florida and their loved ones:
- More than $13 million for a medical malpractice victim after a medication error put them in a coma and caused permanent brain damage
- $1.7 million for the family of an elderly woman who choked to death as a result of nursing home neglect
- More than $7 million for a victim after a boating accident caused them injuries that resulted in quadriplegia
- More than $1.49 million for a bicyclist who was struck by a car, resulting in serious injuries and a lifetime of chronic pain
Our client testimonials also demonstrate how our personal injury attorneys in Tampa go the extra mile for those who have been harmed in Florida.
Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Lawyers in Tampa
The following are frequently asked questions about personal injury lawyers that our team in Tampa has received. Feel free to learn more about each topic in this article:
- What is a personal injury lawyer?
- What does a personal injury lawyer do?
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost?
- When should you get a personal injury lawyer?
- What kind of personal injury cases do you handle in Tampa, Florida?
Click to contact our Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers today
What Is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer serves as the plaintiff’s legal advocate in their case. In your case, a lawyer from our team would represent you in negotiation meetings and at trial. They would handle communications to fight for your legal interests, which would be to pursue compensation for the injuries that the accident caused.
In this video, Tampa attorney Scott Distasio explains how we decide if it’s worth pursuing a legal case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Would a Personal Injury Lawyer Manage My Case?
They can. At Distasio Law Firm, we give a team effort to work on each client’s case. This means you won’t just have one lawyer tending to your case, but the collective effort of our team. As your legal team, we can provide multiple resources, such as:
- Private investigation: Our team can initiate a separate investigation into your accident to identify the liable party or parties. Throughout this process, we can also retrieve evidence to incorporate into your case profile and present it to the insurance company or judge and jury.
- Legal paperwork: Our team can help fill out the paperwork required of your case and submit these materials within their legal deadlines.
- Case updates: As new developments occur, our team will relay news and any messages you receive to you. One of our team members can also provide guidance should you want assistance in making a legal decision.
You can learn more about what kind of services we offer at Distasio Law Firm in a free consultation.
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
As your legal representative, your personal injury lawyer will take on the role of presenting your case and pursuing compensation on your behalf, meaning they will lead the navigation of your case and work with the opposing party or parties to reach either a settlement deal or verdict.
Their tasks may include:
- Making statements on your behalf to protect your case
- Negotiating with the insurance company or opposing party to reach a settlement deal
- Responding to legal messages or offers you receive
- Presenting your case in court and advocating for your legal interests to a judge and jury
- Handling other court dealings and legal motions
At Distasio Law Firm, our personal injury lawyers pride themselves on putting clients and their interests first. We aim to give you the “Distasio Difference,” in that we aim to build a relationship with you so that we can accurately convey your story.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
At Distasio Law Firm, we do not have a set “price” for our services. Instead, we discuss a fee agreement system with our clients.
Our legal team in Tampa works on a contingency fee basis. This means we receive our attorney’s fees only if we successfully secure compensation for you, in which case, we will take a percentage of your reward. If you don’t get a settlement or an award in a court case, you don’t owe us anything.
This allows our clients to afford our services without having to worry about the “cost” of a personal injury lawyer. Since our fees get paid through your reward, you never have to pay us yourself.
When Should You Get a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You should call Distasio Law Firm to hire a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible, as your case may be on a strict deadline should you decide to submit a lawsuit. For example, all personal injury lawsuits must be submitted within four years of the date of the accident, as outlined in Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
Our firm will commit the time and resources to your case so that you can submit it within its legal time frame. When we work together:
- We advise you of the good and bad so that you fully understand all the possibilities of your case.
- We act as your advocates throughout every stage of your case.
- We make ourselves available to speak with you when you want legal guidance.
- We put your interests ahead of our own.
Many cases resolve through a settlement before reaching the trial phase, but if an insurer can’t or won’t offer a fair settlement, we’re prepared to take your case to court.
What Kind of Personal Injury Cases do You Handle in Tampa, Florida?
Our attorneys in Tampa have handled the following types of personal injury cases:
- Car accidents
- Bodily injuries
- Truck accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Pharmacy malpractice
- Premises liability
Our law firm also handles wrongful death cases and can help surviving family members of victims who passed away from their injuries pursue compensation.
Should you have questions about whether your case falls within our practice areas, we want to offer you a free case evaluation. We accept various types of cases to help people in Florida fight for the justice they deserve.
Call For Your Free Consultation with a Team Member at Distasio Law Firm
At Distasio Law Firm, we go the extra mile for you. When you hire a personal injury lawyer from our firm, you get the benefit of having our entire legal team supporting your effort to fight for compensation. We want to help you recover from the damages you experienced and hold the negligent party accountable.
Let’s discuss the kinds of compensation you are eligible for and what strategies are available for you to pursue that compensation. To receive a free consultation with a member of our team, call our Tampa office at (813) 259-0022.
Office InformationAddress Distasio Law Firm
1112 Channelside Drive Suite 5 Tampa, FL 33602