If you were hurt or a loved one was killed in a tractor-trailer collision, you may be able to hold the liable party accountable and recover compensation with the help of a skilled personal injury attorney. A Dade City truck accident lawyer from Distasio Law Firm can offer you legal advice that is tailored to your case.
We take cases on a contingency-fee-basis, so you won’t pay us a dime unless and until we reach a settlement or secure a court award for you.
Choose Distasio Law Firm for Your Truck Accident Case
At Distasio Law Firm, we let our record and former clients speak for us.
Case Results We’ve Won for Our Clients
When our experienced attorneys accept a semi-truck crash case in Dade City, we do so because we believe the client is entitled to recover compensation.
We’ve delivered for many clients, with our case results including:
- A $13 million settlement: We obtained this recovery for a client who suffered brain damage and lost his quality of life because of another party’s negligence.
- Several other multi-million-dollar recoveries: Our record includes multiple seven-figure recoveries, indicating how hard we negotiate on behalf of our clients.
- A $1.49 million verdict: Our client recovered more than $1.49 million after suffering injuries at the hands of a negligent motorist.
- A $1 million settlement: Our client suffered significant back pain and required spine fusion surgery because of a truck driver’s negligent actions.
Our team of Dade City truck accident attorneys will review your losses and speak with the experts. We’ll determine exactly how much compensation you deserve. We will then negotiate with those who owe you compensation, continuing settlement talks until we’ve reached a fair deal. We also consider trial a viable option in every truck accident case.
Client Testimonials for Distasio Law Firm
Our 18-wheeler crash attorneys in Dade City put the client first every time. If there is a way to make you feel more comfortable or address any of your concerns, then we won’t hesitate to take the extra step for you. Our team follows rules about client communications, including:
- Be proactive in updating clients about their cases
- Speak with and listen to clients rather than talk to them
- Be available and accessible to clients at all times
- Advise and advocate for the client
Our firm’s testimonials show that our clients appreciate our attention to client care:
- “Every staff member is very nice and their sense of urgency to reply to email or a phone call is outstanding. Scott is a hands-on attorney who will call you personally to see how you feel, and also to give you advice throughout the process.” – Alberto, former client
- “Distasio law firm has excelled in their performance with my case. The whole process of my case took some time, but they kept me updated the whole time. The paralegals here are informative, concerned, and hard working. The whole team at Distasio Law Firm are excellent at what they do.” – Kirin, former client
- “Scott Distasio is a highly competent, diligent, exceptional attorney. His firm employs only the best paralegals and staff and gives your case the respect and attention it deserves. I’m so glad I didn’t give my case to the “billboard lawyers”.” – Maria, former client
You will experience this same dedication to client care if you choose to work with our team of lawyers for your truck accident case in Dade City.
The Compensation You Could Recover in a Truck Accident Case
Money cannot take away your pain and suffering, but financial compensation through a truck accident injury claim or lawsuit could ease the financial burden that a collision causes.
The committed semi-truck crash lawyers in Dade City can help you pursue compensation for your damages. You may receive compensation for:
- Past and ongoing medical bills, including costs for hospital care, physician appointments, surgery, and X-rays
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other types of rehab
- Lost wages from missed work
- Declines in your earning power
- Property damage
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
How a Truck Accident Lawyer at Our Firm Can Help
Distasio Law Firm can help you understand your legal rights after a truck accident. We can also develop your case for damages. We can advocate on your behalf. We believe every client deserves hands-on services and a personal touch.
We Can Identify Who is Liable for Your Truck Accident
One of the reasons truck accident cases can be so complicated is that multiple parties may be legally responsible. Liability for your truck accident could lie with:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The manufacturer of a defective truck part
- A government entity that failed to keep the roads safe
- Another party that acted negligently
A truck accident lawyer in Dade City from Distasio Law Firm can investigate your truck accident and determine the at-fault parties.
We Can Obtain Evidence to Support Your Claim or Lawsuit
The burden of proof in a truck accident injury claim is on the party bringing the claim or lawsuit. We can help you demonstrate the at-fault party’s role in causing the accident as well as the damages you suffered. Distasio Law Firm may utilize evidence such as:
- Information from the truck’s event data recorder (EDR)
- The trucking company’s employment records
- Truck maintenance records
- Traffic camera footage
- The truck driver’s electronic logbook
- Photographs of the scene
- Dash camera footage
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Forensic evidence from the crash site
- Witness accounts of the accident
We may also consult experts while developing your case. Distasio Law Firm may collaborate with professionals such as:
- Accident reconstruction specialists
- Medical experts
- Vocational rehabilitation experts
- Highway safety experts
- Road design experts
- Mental health practitioners
We Can Represent You During Negotiations
Most truck crash injury and death cases settle out of court. If you are recovering from a serious injury or mourning a death in the family, you need your time to focus on healing, not stressful settlement negotiations. We can negotiate with the insurance companies and other parties on your behalf.
Though we will try to settle, we are prepared to make your case at trial.
Bringing a Wrongful Death Case After a Fatal Truck Accident
If your loved one died in a fatal truck accident, our hearts go out to you. Distasio Law Firm has seen firsthand just how heartbreaking fatal truck accidents can be. A wrongful death case cannot make up for your loss, but it may:
- Help you hold the at-fault party responsible for your loved one’s death
- Recover financial compensation for your damages
Some damages in a truck accident wrongful death case include:
- Loss of the victim’s income and benefits
- Loss of the victim’s household services
- Loss of the companionship and guidance the victim provided
- Medical bills associated with the fatality
- Funeral and burial costs
You Must File Your Lawsuit Before the State Deadline Expires
The mandated state deadline for truck accident injury lawsuits in Florida is generally four years from the date of a collision under Florida Statutes §95.11(3)(a). People who want to file wrongful death truck accident lawsuits generally have two years to do so under Florida Statutes §95.11(4)(d). Your case may be subject to other time constraints, so it is important to act quickly.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are often caused by the reckless or thoughtless actions of an individual or company. Some of the top causes of truck accidents include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driver inattention or inexperience
- Distracted driving such as using a cellphone while driving
- Ignoring traffic signs and signals
- Driver fatigue
- Failure to obey the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) rules regarding consecutive driving hours and rest breaks
- Inadequate truck driver training
- Negligent hiring practices, including hiring unqualified drivers
- Improper loading or securement of truck cargo
- Inadequate truck maintenance
Contact a Dade City Truck Accident Attorney for a Free Case Assessment
When a negligent truck driver, trucking company, or another negligent party causes someone to be injured or killed in a truck accident, they should be held responsible for the harm their actions caused. You could be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, property damage, lost income, and other damages.
Call our office today for a free case assessment with a Dade City truck accident lawyer.