If you or a loved one suffered one or more severe injuries in a vehicle accident with a truck, a Wesley Chapel truck accident lawyer from Distasio Law Firm may be able to help you hold the at-fault driver or another liable party accountable for your damages. We serve injured people in Florida and can make arrangements to manage your case for you while you continue recovering from your injuries.
We want to offer you an opportunity to discuss your case with a team member at our firm today for free. We can review your accident case to identify who may be at fault or held liable and whether other details might affect your case. We can also discuss your legal options for seeking compensation, then have one of our seasoned personal injury attorneys begin working on your case.
Our Legal Team Can Help You Pursue Compensation Based on Your Accident Losses
When our team of Wesley Chapel attorneys at Distasio Law Firm calculates a client’s potential compensation total, we base this figure on the losses and expenses they experienced because of the truck accident and damages they might experience in the future.
Each case is unique in the types of damages a victim might suffer, so there is no way for our legal team to calculate your case’s value without first investigating your crash and documenting your damages.
We may be able to pursue compensation for the following types of damages:
- Current medical bills
- Costs for future medical treatment related to your injuries
- Wages and benefits you lost while being out of work to recover your injuries
- Pain and suffering damages, such as for chronic pain or emotional distress
- Damages related to having to live with temporary or permanent disability or disfigurement
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries affect your ability to perform your work duties or force you to take a lower-paying position
- Diminished quality of life
There may be other damages you can claim in your case that can be included in your compensation demands. Our team will help you estimate the value of each damage you experienced, then assign a total value to your case and use this to measure how fair a settlement offer might be.
Calculating your damages allows us to demand a fair payout from the insurance company if you decide to pursue an insurance claim. We can also use this total to determine whether it might be necessary to pursue a lawsuit, depending on how much the insurance company is willing to pay.
You May Be Entitled to Pursue Wrongful Damages on Behalf of a Loved One
Our team also accepts wrongful death cases and files claims for family members who can pursue compensation based on what is written in Florida Statutes § 768.21. Surviving family members who qualify to pursue compensation on behalf of their late loved one may be able to recover additional damages related to their loved one’s death, such as:
- Costs to arrange a funeral for their loved one
- Medical debts they inherited if their loved one died during treatment
- Loss of financial support if their loved one contributed to the family net worth
- Loss of parental guidance or companionship, depending on their loved one’s role in the family
- Loss of consortium
Managing grief can be significantly challenging, so allow us to step in and manage your personal injury case while you settle personal matters. A dedicated truck wreck attorney in Wesley Chapel can relay case updates and provide guidance on how to move forward with your case while you cope with your loss privately.
Let Distasio Law Firm Help You Hold the Liable Party or Parties Accountable
A Wesley Chapel semi-truck crash attorney from Distasio Law Firm can fight for your rights and ensure your legal interests come first throughout the claims process. If you live in Wesley Chapel and have physical limitations because of your injuries, our team of 18-wheeler accident attorneys is committed to providing services to manage your case for you so that you can continue with your recovery.
We want you to focus on healing while we work toward holding the liable party or parties involved in your case responsible for their negligence. As such, we offer to handle the following tasks on your behalf:
- Investigating your case to identify the at-fault or liable party or parties
- Organizing evidence we retrieve from our investigation to develop your case profile
- Handling paperwork and other administrative tasks involved in the insurance or legal claims process
- Keeping you updated about your case as new developments occur, including messages or settlement offers you receive
- Answering any questions you have about your case throughout the claims or litigation process
- Consulting experts who can provide testimony on how the accident may have occurred, whether negligence played a role in the accident, and how much your damages might be worth
- Negotiating a potential settlement with the opposing side or their insurer
Should other legal obstacles occur, our team will be available to provide guidance on how to move forward with your case.
We Can Also Keep Track of Your Case’s Statutory Deadline
Per Florida Statutes § 95.11, there is a statute of limitations that applies in your case. This means we need to reach a settlement with the insurers before the date set by this statute arrives, or we must file paperwork to begin a lawsuit.
Regarding personal injury cases, you generally have four years from the truck accident to file your case. If you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit instead, you have about two years from your loved one’s death to file your case. Certain exceptions may apply that might affect your case’s deadline, which we can explain in your consultation.
We Can Help You Identify Who May Have Liability in Your Truck Collision Case
Suppose your Wesley Chapel collision and injuries occurred because you were hit by a big rig or another commercial truck. In that case, we may be able to pursue a case to hold both the driver and their employer responsible. This could help us to recover compensation for the money you lost and the expenses you face.
Florida Statutes § 324.021 outlines insurance requirements and liability in traffic accidents. Per this statute, drivers whose negligence behind the wheel causes an accident – as well as the vehicle owner and the driver’s employer – may be held liable for injuries and expenses following an accident.
In some truck accident cases, certain parties may have vicarious liability. This is the legal doctrine that allows us to pursue a case against the truck driver as well as their employer.
The Florida Standard Civil Jury Instructions outlines how the trucking company or another employer may be vicariously liable when:
- The driver was an employee; and
- The driver was performing duties within the scope of their work when the collision occurred.
This means that the majority of traffic accident cases involving a professional driver involve vicarious liability claims as well. At Distasio Law Firm, our attorneys regularly pursue these types of cases. Our team can determine if we can help you with your truck accident case during your complimentary case review.
If we work together on your case, you can count on our team to put in the financial resources needed to build your case and the time it takes to do it right. We handle these cases on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you won’t be expected to pay any attorney’s fees unless we win your case.
Get in Touch with a Wesley Chapel Truck Accident Attorney Now
A Wesley Chapel truck accident lawyer from Distasio Law Firm may be able to hold the truck driver and trucking company accountable on your behalf. Let a member of our team review your options during a free initial consultation today. Reach out to our office serving Wesley Chapel and let us evaluate your case against the liable party or parties. We want to hold them responsible for your injuries and losses.
Call Distasio Law Firm now. We can get started with your accident review today.