If you or a loved one was injured after falling on someone else’s property in Tampa, or any other Florida city, you might have questions like:
- Is the business owner or property owner responsible for causing your injuries?
- Can you be compensated for medical expenses and lost wages?
- How can a slip and fall attorney help you?
At Distasio Law Firm, our experienced personal injury attorneys are passionate about helping slip and fall victims hold responsible property owners accountable for their wrongdoing. We can guide you through the litigation process and fight for the money you deserve. A Tampa, FL slip and fall lawyer and trip and fall accident lawyer can help you build your case, and our team can answer the above questions in a free consultation.
You May be Able to Recover Medical Expenses, Lost Wages, and Other Damages
If you were a victim of a slip and fall accident in Tampa, you might be able to pursue compensation for damages you incurred by filing a claim or lawsuit against the liable property owner or manager.
Whether you fell on private or public property, there are responsibilities both property owners and managers have to people who are on their premises. Should you get injured as a result of their negligence, they may owe you compensation for:
- Medical bills and treatment costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages related to recovering from your injuries
- Future income loss if your injuries are long-term or permanent
- Permanent disability
- Mental anguish, including psychological trauma from the slip and fall
- Physical disfigurement, including scarring or burn marks
You may be entitled to other damages not listed here in this article, which we can discuss more in a free consultation after we review your case. Compensation for each slip and fall case is unique to the injured party, so our attorneys in Tampa will want to factor in each damage you experienced during and after your accident to estimate an accurate total.
You May be Able to Pursue Compensation for a Deceased Loved One
In tragic cases, a victim might fall from great heights and suffer fatal injuries. Our Tampa slip and fall attorneys want to extend our deepest condolences to you, as it can be overwhelming to take on a legal case while grieving the loss of your loved one.
However, you are not alone, and you do not have to bear the brunt of the costs related to your loved one’s death if their accident could have been prevented. Our legal team may be able to help you pursue wrongful death damages, such as:
- The costs to pay for your loved one’s funeral and their burial or cremation
- Your loved one’s final medical expenses
- Loss of the income your loved one contributed to the family
- Emotional losses, such as loss of companionship and comfort
Distasio Law Firm Gives You Full-Service Experience When Building Your Case
When you work with a slipping and falling attorney from Distasio Law Firm, you get full-service treatment from our Tampa-area law firm. Our team works hard to help clients like you build strong, comprehensive cases.
We Have the Knowledge and Experience to Handle Slip and Fall Cases
- Investigating your slip and fall accident to see if there is evidence we can use to support your case
- Taking depositions from witnesses to support your case
- Negotiating with an insurance company to avoid having to take your case to trial
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf if negotiations come to a standstill
- Representing you at trial to continue your pursuit of compensation if necessary
We will Make Sure to File Your Case Within Florida’s Statute of Limitations
All personal injury cases heard in Florida must abide by the state’s statute of limitations deadline, found in Florida Statutes §95.11(3)(a). According to this statute, you generally have two years from the date of injury to submit your case.
If you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, then you have a separate statutory deadline. Per Florida Statutes §95.11(4)(d), you generally have two years from the date of the victim’s death to file a wrongful death lawsuit on their behalf, provided you are a qualifying survivor or representative.
Are Premises Owners Responsible for All Injuries That Happen on Their Property?
Property owners are not responsible for a person’s injuries just because the person was injured on their property. Instead, the premises owner must have done something wrong. In addition, whatever they did wrong must have caused or substantially contributed to the person’s injuries.
Our proactive Tampa slip and fall attorneys will investigate any case we take to find out if the property owner did something wrong. If so, we aim to hold them accountable.
Property Owners Owe a Duty of Care to People on Their Premises
In Tampa, and every other city in Florida, property owners have a duty to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition free from dangerous conditions. Property owners also have a duty to warn of dangerous conditions until they are fixed.
Property owners who do not follow these safety rules may be held responsible for injuries caused by the dangerous conditions on their property. This means:
- A property owner must fix dangerous conditions that they knew or—with the exercise of reasonable care—should have known about.
- The property owner must also warn people invited onto the property of dangerous conditions.
If we find that the owner of the property where you fell did not take proper precautions, we may be able to build a case arguing how their negligence led to your injuries.
Call a Tampa Slip and Fall Attorney to Fight for You
If you have more questions about how a Tampa slip and fall lawyer may be able to help you, contact Distasio Law Firm for a free consultation to discuss your injury claim. We can evaluate your case at no cost to you and explain our legal services in more detail from signup to filing a lawsuit. Call now to get started.