A brain injury, or a traumatic brain injury (TBI), is a sudden injury to the brain that is caused by impact or force to the head. Brain injuries are often unexpected and can leave the sufferer with irreversible, life-altering symptoms and side effects. Those who sustain brain injuries are likely to face numerous physical, mental, and emotional adversities, which can make them feel devastated or even hopeless.
People who have brain injuries are likely to experience a multitude of complications. Brain injuries are extremely difficult to contend with and medically treat because conditions associated with these injuries can take time to develop or onset quite suddenly. This is why most brain injury victims need constant, ongoing medical supervision and treatment. Without appropriate medical care, brain injury victims may never recover from the symptoms or side effects their injuries have caused.
If you or a loved one suffered a TBI in an accident caused by another person’s misconduct, contact an experienced Tampa brain injury attorney to seek compensation. A dedicated catastrophic injury attorney from Distasio Law Firm could help you recover for your losses.
Brain injuries can occur from a wide range of accidents, including car crashes, falls, and sports-related incidents. In Tampa, Florida, victims of brain injuries may face significant challenges, both in terms of their physical and emotional recovery, as well as their ability to obtain fair compensation for their losses.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in Tampa due to the negligence of another party, it is essential to seek legal advice from an experienced brain injury lawyer. A skilled attorney can help you navigate the legal system, protect your rights, and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Brain injury cases can be complex, requiring a thorough understanding of medical and legal issues. An experienced attorney from Distasio Law Firm will be able to help you gather the necessary evidence, including medical records and expert opinions, to build a strong case on your behalf. They can also negotiate with insurance companies and other parties involved in the case to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible.
Common Brain Injury Side Effects & Symptoms
When a person injures their brain, the end result can be devastating. This is especially true in cases involving traumatic brain injuries (TBI). A traumatic brain injury is an injury to the head that is sudden and unexpected causing damage to brain tissue. These injuries involve a jolt or a blow that penetrates the head and automatically causes injury to the brain. While not all brain injuries are classified as traumatic brain injuries, it is estimated that approximately 1.4 million people sustain TBI in the U.S. each and every year. Of those 1.4 million people, nearly 50,000 will die. There are numerous complicated side effects and symptoms of a head injury that are associated with brain injuries. Included are:
- Loss of consciousness
- Persistent headaches
- Loss of coordination
- Loss of mobility
- Mood swings
- Behavioral changes
- Loss of normal respiratory function
- Loss of memory
- Slurred speech
- Weakness in certain limbs
- Wrongful Death
Get in touch with a knowledgeable TBI attorney from our firm today for a free consultation about a personal injury lawsuit for your injuries.
The Distasio Law Firm Difference
How do you know if you have hired the best Tampa brain injury lawyer? The simplest way to know is to find a lawyer that has all the below characteristics.
- Knowledge and Experience Handling Brain Injury Cases
- Your lawyer should not only know Florida bodily injury law. That lawyer should also have years of experience handling head injury, traumatic brain injury, & motorcycle crash cases. Scott Distasio has been handling these cases for over 27 years. His years of experience investigating, negotiating, settling, filing lawsuits, taking depositions, and going to trial will absolutely make a difference in your case.
- Independent Verification of the Lawyers Ability
- All attorneys claim they know what they are doing. Their marketing materials may also be persuasive. But you will only know the truth about that lawyer if the lawyer is rated by respected independent non-biased rating systems. Scott Distasio has an “AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell law Directory. This is the highest rating an attorney can receive for both ability and ethics. Scott Distasio is also Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Trial law. To achieve this accomplishment a lawyer must have tried a minimum number of cases to a jury and pass a competency exam. Less than 1% of all Florida lawyers are Board Certified.
- Willingness and Ability to Go to Trial
- Not all personal injury cases go to trial. The truth is most cases settle. But if your case does need to go to trial it’s important to hire a law firm that has the experience, resources and ability to try your case. Scott Distasio is a board certified civil trial lawyer. This gives him the right to call himself an expert trial lawyer.
Get in Touch with a Tampa Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
If you believe that another person’s negligence caused your injury, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit. With the help of Distasio Law Firm, personal injury lawyers, your chances of a successful filing could greatly increase. In these cases, you may be able to recover compensation for your brain injury and numerous other things, including coverage for any lost wages, future lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and/or emotional trauma.
If you would like to learn more about your legal options, your rights, and how you might be able to recover damages for your brain injury, the best thing you can do is to speak with a Tampa traumatic brain injury lawyer. At our offices, we are dedicated to helping brain injury victims recover the monetary damages they are rightfully entitled to receive. Don’t wait: contact our firm today to learn more about how we can assist with your case.