If you were injured in a scooter accident through no fault of your own, you may be eligible for compensation. You can explore your legal options with a scooter accident lawyer in Tampa from Distasio Law Firm. If you are recovering from injuries and facing high medical bills and other damages, you should not allow the guilty parties to walk away without consequence.
Our legal team will review your accident to determine what happened and who we need to seek financial recovery from. We will focus on the legal aspects of your case, and you can focus on your recovery. You can learn more today during a free consultation.
We Will Determine Who Caused the Accident
We need to know who caused the accident if we plan to file suit for financial compensation. Our legal team will investigate the case to determine who caused your injuries and should be named in a lawsuit. Once we identify the at-fault and/or liable parties and their insurance company, we will reach out to request compensation that meets your needs.
As part of the investigation, we will uncover all the potential evidence and work with anyone who knows about the accident. Commonly, those responsible for scooter accidents include:
- Other scooter riders
- Local governments
- Local businesses
- Scooter manufacturers
Once we determine who is responsible for your accident, we can calculate the damages you may be due. We advise our clients to never approach anyone involved in the accident. We also ask them to reach out to us with any emails, letters, or phone calls they receive from interested parties.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Tampa, call (813) 259-0022
Compensation For Your Losses
First, you should be aware that Florida has a four-year statute of limitations for all personal injury cases under Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). Bring your case to us as soon as possible so that we can begin researching your claim.
We must review and consider several types of compensation. Generally, your damages will likely fall into two categories: economic and non-economic.
Your economic damages will include:
- Medical costs: Medical costs include all hospital stays, doctor’s visits, surgeries, medications, medical equipment, mental health counseling, and more. We can also consult with a medical expert who can calculate how much it will cost for you to recover and the aspects of your recovery.
- Lost income: When you are injured in a scooter accident, you cannot work. You have a right to recover the money you would have made if you were not involved in the accident.
- Property damage: If your scooter was damaged or destroyed, you can pursue compensation to have it repaired or replaced. You may also be able to recover damages for other items that suffered damage in the accident.
Speak with our legal team so that we can review paystubs, tax records, and other documents that will help us calculate your lost earnings, both past and future. We will also include commissions, bonuses, and other compensation.
You may be able to recover non-economic damages, which include losses with no dollar value attached. Examples include:
- Loss of consortium: Loss of consortium speaks to the isolation and loss of relationships you experience after the accident. This type of compensation can apply to anyone unable to meet with family members, has lost a spouse, or cannot maintain a healthy social life.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering refers to the physical and mental pain you have after the scooter accident. If your quality of life is diminished, we want to know about it. This can be something simple, such as neck pain that makes it impossible to sleep. If you cannot sleep, your quality of life has diminished, and you should share these stories with your lawyer as they review your case.
- Emotional turmoil: Emotional turmoil refers to the psychological symptoms you experience in the wake of a scooter accident. This could include psychological conditions, such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Wrongful Death Cases in Florida
If you lose a loved one to a scooter accident, your family may seek compensation if that person is your dependent or you are a dependent of their estate.
Generally, those who can pursue wrongful death damages with a lawsuit include:
- Dependent parents or siblings
- A representative of the deceased’s estate
You may seek several forms of compensation above and beyond what a personal injury lawsuit allows. Commonly, compensation under a wrongful death claim includes:
- Funeral or burial costs
- Administrative costs
- Loss of moral training
- Lost lifetime earnings
Florida imposes a two-year statute of limitations on wrongful death claims under Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d). The deadline starts on the date of the decedent’s death.
If you have lost a loved one in a scooter accident in Tampa, we are very sorry for your loss. We know you and your family need time to grieve. We also will understand if you want to take legal action and hold the liable parties in their scooter accident accountable.
We can help you with the wrongful death filing process. Give us a call when you are ready, and we can walk you through the steps.
How Our Scooter Accident Lawyer in Tampa Can Help Your Case
A scooter accident lawyer offers a range of services that help you recover from the accident and seek restitution. You may feel that most clients hire lawyers and sit back until the case is closed. That is not at all what happens. You can expect The Distasio Personal Touch to provide the following:
We guide you through the legal process so that you can focus on your recovery without worrying about your case. You have injuries that require your full attention, so we help you focus on that. Plus, we can help you understand the case’s trajectory so that you know can know what to expect.
We will take care of everything, including communicating with the liable party’s insurer and legal representatives. We will manage your entire case and keep you updated regularly.
We explain to our clients exactly what is happening. You can ask us what happens next, and we will explain why the legal process plays out in a certain way.
We also investigate the claim so that we have a clear understanding of what happened and why. Share any information you have so that we can use that data as part of our investigation.
We also look into:
- Police reports
- Security footage
- Witness testimony
- Vehicle or parts manufacturers
We will see your case through to the end, which could include going to trial or filing an appeal. We will support you and your family no matter how long it takes to resolve the case, and we are happy to attend all meetings and manage all aspects of the case until we have exhausted all our legal options.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call For a Free Consultation
The legal team from Distasio Law Firm will help you seek compensation for your injuries and losses after a scooter accident in Tampa. You don’t have to wait to learn about your legal options or the potential compensation you could recover. Call us at (813) 259-0022 for a free consultation today.
We are ready to work on your case. We will calculate the damages to which you are entitled and work diligently to recover a favorable outcome for you and your family.