In need of a Tampa personal injury lawyer? Distasio Law Firm’s dedicated attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Florida and Scott Distasio is a FL Bar Board-Certified Trial Lawyer. When you are searching for the best personal injury lawyers in Tampa, Florida, you came to the right place. With 33 years of dedicated experience, you can trust our law firm is able to take your case all the way through trial to get you the maximum settlement you deserve if and when necessary.
Distasio Law Firm represents clients in the following type of cases, and many others:
- Car accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Dog Bites and Attacks
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Pharmacy malpractice
- Premises liability
- Injured Children
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
Tampa Personal Injury FAQs
We provide resources that make the process of filing a personal injury claim in Tampa easier for you, including this list of our most frequently asked questions.
- What Is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
- How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
- What Percentage Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Take?
- When to Get a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Our Tampa, FL Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Why Our Tampa, FL Personal Injury Clients Choose Us
You should call Distasio Law Firm as soon as you are able. Our firm will commit the time and resources to your case that your family deserves. When we work together:
- We will advise you in all aspects of your case so you fully understand your options
- We will act as your advocates throughout every stage of your case
- We will always be available to speak with you
- We will always put your interests ahead of our own
Most cases will end with a settlement before the trial phase. However, we never back down from a necessary trial.
How Much Does a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
The Tampa personal injury attorneys at Distasio Law Firm work on a contingency basis. We receive our fees after your case has successfully concluded. If you don’t get a settlement or an award from your case, you don’t owe us anything.
What Percentage of Your Settlement Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Take?
On average, most personal injury lawyers in Tampa take approximately one-third of a financial award as their payment.
Why Our Tampa, FL, Personal Injury Clients Choose Us
You deserve capable, knowledgeable representation for your Tampa personal injury claim. That is what you’ll get when you work with Distasio Law Firm.
We provide examples of our results so you can see some of what we do on behalf of our personal injury clients in Florida. Our recoveries include:
- More than $13 million for a pharmacy medication error that resulted in a coma and permanent brain damage
- $1.7 million for the family of an elderly woman who choked to death because of nursing home neglect
- More than $7 million for a boating accident that resulted in quadriplegia.
- More than $1.49 million for a bicyclist who was struck by a car, resulting in serious injuries and a lifetime of chronic pain
Our client testimonials also demonstrate how our personal injury attorneys in Tampa go the extra mile for those who have been harmed in Florida.
Personal Injury Knowledge and Experience
Not all Tampa personal injury attorneys are the same. It’s vital that your lawyer has a deep knowledge of Tampa personal injury law. Attorney Scott Distasio earned a Board Certification in Trial Law by passing the Florida Bar Association’s competency exam in trial law, an accomplishment achieved by less than 1% of all Florida attorneys.
Endorsements From Clients and Other Lawyers
We are proud of the endorsements we’ve received because it shows that we’ve truly made a difference in others’ lives. Our client reviews include:
- “Distasio Law Firm is very professional from the start to the end. Every staff member is very nice and their sense of urgency to reply to email or a phone call is outstanding. Scott is a hands-on attorney who will call you personally to see how you feel and also to give you advice throughout the process. I highly recommend this law firm.” – Alberto Gonzalez, former client
- “Distasio Law Firm has excelled in their performance with my case. The whole process of my case took some time, but they kept me updated the whole time. The paralegals here are informative, concerned, and hard-working. The whole team at Distasio Law Firm is excellent at what they do and they made this whole process as stress-free as possible for me. Thank you, Distasio Law firm.” – Kirin Eves, former client
- “Scott Distasio is a highly competent, diligent, exceptional attorney. His firm employs only the best paralegals and staff and gives your case the respect and attention it deserves. I’m so glad I didn’t give my case to the “billboard lawyers”. Scott’s firm came to me by personal recommendation from someone like me. I hope to return the favor the same way. Thank you, Distasio Law Firm.” – Maria Walloga, former clientAdd Row
We aim to provide this same standard of representation for every personal injury client.
Our Ability to Go to Trial
When an insurance company is deciding whether to settle or go to trial, the plaintiff’s lawyer is one factor they take into consideration. Insurers know that Distasio Law Firm has the resources to take them on in court.
What Is a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer?
When you work with one of our personal injury lawyers in Tampa, you will understand what we mean by the “Distasio difference.” We specialize in helping clients and their loved ones who are suffering after an accident that was the result of another party’s negligence. We know Florida law and our focus is on getting our clients’ lives back on track.
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
While life may never be the same after an accident, a personal injury lawyer in Tampa will work to ensure that the negligent party is held accountable. We may assist you by:
- Working to secure compensation for lost wages both now and in the future if you are unable to work at your pre-injury level.
- Helping you get the necessary medical treatment
- Fighting for compensation for your pain and suffering.
- Working to help you move forward from this incident with the resources you need to build your life back.
What Should You Seek in a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Distasio Law Firm seeks specific criteria when it hires attorneys. You may seek the same criteria in your own lawyer. Your personal injury lawyer should:
- Have experience with your specific case type: Personal injury law covers a wide range of case types, from medical malpractice to auto accidents and premises liability. A client should always seek an attorney who has experience with their specific case type.
- Have proven results: Promising results is easy. Actually delivering is an entirely different challenge. Distasio Law Firm publishes our case results so that clients know what we’ve actually accomplished. Before you hire a law firm for your personal injury case, you should understand what they’ve done for clients before you.
- Be honest and direct: You may find yourself in an unfamiliar situation, whether or not you’ve dealt with a personal injury case before. You likely have questions, and a personal injury lawyer should be more than willing to answer those questions. More specifically, a lawyer should have honest, clear answers to your questions. If you feel that an attorney is not direct or forthcoming, then you may consider hiring a different attorney.
- Be willing to go the extra mile for you: During your free consultation, you may get a sense of a lawyer’s attention to your case. You may also review client testimonials to determine whether an attorney goes the extra mile for their clients. If you don’t feel valued as a client, then an attorney may not be right for you.
Finding the right attorney is not an exact science. However, reading a firm’s client reviews and examining their case results are two ways to start the search process. During your free consultation, you may trust your instincts to determine if a firm is right for you.
We represent clients who’ve experienced a wide range of injuries, including:
One of the most devastating injuries you could be left dealing with is amputation. Losing a limb can affect the rest of your life, and so it is important that you get the compensation you need. At Distasio Law Firm, we are committed to doing everything in our power to get you the compensation you deserve. We may get you the necessary compensation to cover medical expenses as well as any further care you will need. Contact our office to learn more.
What exactly is a catastrophic injury? This is a category of injury that either leaves the victim with a permanent disability or poses a serious threat to their life. Examples of catastrophic injuries include amputations, head injuries, serious burns, and spinal cord injuries, among others. As you may need ongoing medical care after suffering a catastrophic injury, it is important that you contact a Tampa catastrophic injury lawyer to receive a sufficient settlement or verdict.
Were you the victim of a burn injury caused by negligence? Burns are painful injuries that can lead to further complications if not treated correctly. Burns can not only be caused by open flames but also by chemicals, radiation, electricity, heat, steam, and other dangerous heat sources. Whether you suffered a burn because of an accident or a workplace incident, or other circumstances, it is important that you have adequate funds to cover the medical treatment and other damages.
Sometimes known as traumatic brain injuries, these injuries can lead to permanent disabilities. As the brain is the main control panel of the body, any damage to the brain can result in dizziness, mood swings, memory problems, headaches, issues with muscle movement, and many other symptoms. As your life could be altered because of a brain injury, it is important that you have the compensation necessary to ensure that you are able to deal with the consequences of your injury.
The time surrounding the birth of a child is supposed to be one of the most joyous in a family’s life. What happens when a child or their mother is injured during labor or delivery?
If the injury could have been prevented, it could be a case of medical malpractice. Some types of birth injuries include brachial plexus injuries, cerebral palsy, kernicterus, and brain damage. A negligent doctor should be held responsible for what they have done if your child was the victim of malpractice. Ensuring that you have the proper compensation means that your child will get the medical treatment they need.
If you think that you were the victim of a head injury, there are certain symptoms which you should be on the lookout for. For example, if you have been suffering from vomiting, seizures, dilated pupils, or confusion, this could be pointing to possible head trauma. Do not hesitate to get in touch with our Tampa head trauma lawyers to see if you have a case.
Loss of Eyesight
In the aftermath of an accident, the victim could be left dealing with various types of injuries. One devastating type of injury is the loss of their eyesight. If this has happened to you or to a loved one, the first thing you should do is get in touch with a member of our team.
Loss of eyesight could cause the victim to lose their job and require expensive therapy and medical care. Please talk to our team about your case to see how we could help you.
Loss of Hearing
Did you suffer from hearing problems because of the negligence of another? Hearing loss could result from an accident, a medical error, a defective product, or other causes. If hearing loss is permanent, it is important that you get the compensation you deserve.
By filing a personal injury lawsuit, you could get the funds necessary to cover medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. You should not have to deal with the financial consequences of an accident if it was not your fault.
If you were injured in a way that caused paralysis, you may deserve a significant financial recovery. Car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and other causes of paralyzing injuries may warrant legal action.
When you are injured by a vehicle while walking or even riding a bicycle, the injuries sustained can be devastating. Our firm will fight to protect your rights and get you the treatment you need and deserve while pursing a recovery for your injuries and other damages.
Road Rash Injuries
Road rash is the term used to describe skin abrasions and soft tissue damage caused by contact with a road. These injuries may occur during motorcycle accidents and can produce extensive physical harm that requires serious medical procedures and care. Our Tampa road rash injury lawyers work to recover the compensation road rash victims deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Did you or a loved one suffer a spinal cord injury? Spinal cord injuries are serious because of the effects they can have on different functions of the body. For example, a spinal cord injury could result in issues with mobility, sexual function, breathing, heart function, and muscle coordination. Spinal cord injuries could result from accidents, surgical injuries, and other negligence-related causes.
One of the most difficult situations that you can face is the death of a loved one. When that death is the result of the negligence of another and could have been prevented, this makes the situation even more heartbreaking.
If you lost a loved one under wrongful circumstances, our team at Distasio Law Firm can hold liable parties responsible for what they have done.
Enlist the Help of a Tampa Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you suffered injuries due to another person’s careless, reckless, or intentional actions, you have the legal right to hold them accountable for your losses. A skilled Tampa, Florida personal injury lawyer from our firm could help you recover the compensation you need to move forward with your life. Call today to get started.