If another party’s negligence caused you or a loved one harm in an accident in Zephyrhills, Florida, or surrounding areas, you might be eligible to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit. With this type of civil action, you can pursue compensation to cover your injury’s medical care costs as well as other damages associated with your accident.
At Distasio Law Firm, our mission is to help accident victims fight for their financial recovery. Whether you were in a car accident on U.S. 301 or were injured on someone else’s property, a Zephyrhills personal injury lawyer from our firm can help you build your case and fight for compensation. We also offer free case evaluations in case you want to learn more about your legal options. Reach out to one of the knowledgeable legal professionals at Distasio Law Firm today.
Get the “Distasio Personal Touch” When You Work With a Personal Injury Lawyer on Our Team
At Distasio Law Firm, personal injury law firm in Zephyrhills, we do not want to treat your case like another small claim being passed through the legal system. We understand that clients like you are real people who have suffered great losses, which is why we advocate to put your legal interests ahead of ours.
When we manage your personal injury case, we make sure to keep you updated as it develops so that you can make informed decisions. On top of that, our legal team will provide other services to manage your case so that you can focus on your personal recovery. These services include:
- Using our financial resources and time to organize an investigation into your injury or accident case and retrieve evidence to support it
- We are available for communication whenever you want legal advice or answers to questions you have about your case
- Advising you throughout the claims and litigation process so that you understand the potential outcomes for your case
- Negotiating a potential settlement on your behalf and making sure your interests are heard from the opposing party
- Representing you in court if this legal route seems fit for your case
A skilled personal injury attorney from our firm in Zephyrhills can also speak to involved parties on your behalf to protect your case. Should we work together, we aim to support your case and fight for the compensation you need and deserve.
Personal Injury Lawsuits We Handle
Our seasoned Zephyrhills injury attorneys at Distasio Law Firm handles personal injury cases involving (but not limited to):
- Automobile accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Premises liability
- Boating accidents
- Work-related accidents
If your injury occurred in a different situation not listed here, our team would like to hear the details surrounding your accident to determine how we may be able to build your case. Our mission is to serve as an advocate for accident victims of all kinds, and we are not afraid to help them fight for their justice.
We Take Care to Calculate the Value of Your Damages as Accurately as Possible
Our team can help you calculate the value of your damages, which we aim to thoroughly discuss and investigate so that we can account for as many losses as possible. Some types of damages you may be able to claim include:
- Medical expenses, including expenses you might have to pay for in the future
- Loss of income, including income you may lose in the future if your injuries are ongoing or permanent
- Losses related to living with a permanent injury or change in appearance (e.g., scarring)
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Property damage, such as to your vehicle
Other types of damages exist, so we may suggest other losses to include in your compensation demands depending on what you’ve endured.
Additionally, if you lost a loved one in an accident, our team can help you pursue wrongful death damages, which include funeral expenses and emotional losses caused by their passing.
Our Clients Have Recognized the Work We Do to Fight for Their Compensation
At Distasio Law Firm, we are proud of the results we’ve achieved when handling our clients’ cases, with some of our highest settlements and verdicts for personal injury cases being:
- $13,000,000 for a medical malpractice case involving a patient who fell into a coma and suffered permanent brain damage after overdosing on medicine administered by their health care provider
- $7,000,000 for a personal injury case involving a woman who suffered neck and spinal cord injuries in a boating accident off Clearwater Beach
- $1,490,000 for a personal injury case involving a man who suffered rib fractures and other bone injuries after being hit by a vehicle while riding his bicycle in Sarasota
Our Clients Praise Us in Our Google Reviews
While we are proud of our highest case results, we care more about what our clients say about our personal injury law firm. We work hard to help clients like you feel seen and heard throughout their legal journey so that they may be able to receive the compensation they need. We aim to establish a relationship with you so that we understand and accurately represent your interests.
Our former clients have recognized this effort. Here is what they have to say on our Google reviews:
- Techs Dme wrote, “Distasio Law Firm handled our case with the finesse and attention to detail that you’d see at the 1000 lawyer firms. My case was small, but Attorney Scott Distasio handled me like I was Tom Brady. Amazing results in a very short time period. I’ve only got one law firm now and that’s Scott Distasio. Keeping him for life!!!”
- Michael Schmorr wrote, “When I was looking for a personal injury lawyer, I saw a thousand ads primarily talking about themselves. What made Distasio Law Firm stand out above the rest was their personal commitment to their clients and always being available 24/7. Scott and his legal staff are professional, dedicated and hard-working, compassionate, and MOST IMPORTANTLY trustworthy. I highly recommend Distasio Law Firm. First class customer service from beginning to end!”
Whenever you want legal guidance or assistance from our team, we are here to help you. Let us review your case for free and see how we can help you. We can discuss your damages, then start fighting for your financial recovery.
Act Fast So That You Do Not Lose Your Opportunity to Pursue Compensation
Personal injury lawsuits follow strict deadlines in Florida, so you do not want to procrastinate the litigation process, as missing your case’s deadline could prohibit you from pursuing compensation in court.
The following deadlines apply to different types of personal injury and wrongful death cases in Zephyrhills:
- For most personal injury cases: Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) generally sets a four-year window period for plaintiffs to file their personal injury lawsuit, though certain factors can affect the length of this deadline.
- For cases involving medical malpractice: If you intend to take action against a medical professional or facility, you generally have two years to file your case, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(b).
- For cases involving nursing home abuse: Florida Statutes § 400.0236 also sets a general two-year window period for people filing a personal injury lawsuit about nursing home abuse or neglect.
- For most wrongful death cases: If you are filing on behalf of a loved one who did not survive their injuries, then you generally have two years from the date of their death to file a wrongful death lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
Our team of proactive personal injury lawyers in Zephyrhills will determine your case’s filing deadline early on so that we can monitor its development and identify when it may be necessary to move forward with a lawsuit.
Call a Zephyrhills Personal Injury Attorney to Represent You
Dealing with the damages of a preventable accident can take its toll on a person, which is why a Zephyrhills personal injury lawyer from our firm wants to help you build your case. If you or a loved one suffered an injury due to another party’s negligence, let a personal injury lawyer from Distasio Law Firm represent you.
We want to listen to your side of the event and understand the kind of pain and suffering you’ve gone through since being injured. Call today to speak with a member of our team.