If you suffered avoidable medical complications because of a pharmacy error, you may be able to receive compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses. A pharmacy malpractice lawsuit can also help you hold the negligent pharmacy answerable for the harm the error caused you.
A pharmacy malpractice lawyer from Distasio Law Firm in Valrico can provide legal support and represent you during the case. We believe every client deserves hands-on personal service.
For a free legal consultation with a pharmacy lawyer serving Valrico, call (813) 259-0022
How a Pharmacy Malpractice Lawsuit May Benefit You
If you or a loved one received the wrong medication or were otherwise the victim of a pharmacy error, a pharmacy malpractice lawsuit may help you in many ways. A pharmacy malpractice lawsuit may:
- Help you hold the negligent pharmacy responsible for the harm their carelessness caused you or your loved one
- Get compensation for your financial and non-financial losses on your behalf
- Get justice for a loved one who died because of a pharmacy error
- Make the pharmacy aware of the mistake and prevent future dangerous medication mistakes
Valrico Pharmacy Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
How Do I Know if I Have a Case?
A pharmacy malpractice lawsuit is a type of medical malpractice lawsuit. Typically, these cases are based on negligence. That means the pharmacy owed you a “duty of care” to act with reasonable competency and failed to uphold that duty.
The four components of a successful pharmacy malpractice lawsuit include:
- The pharmacy owed a duty of care.
- The pharmacy breached the duty of care.
- You or your loved one suffered injury or illness because of the breach of duty.
- You experienced losses or damages because of the injury or illness.
If you are unsure whether you have a pharmacy malpractice case, Distasio Law Firm can review your case for free and advise you on your legal options.
Examples of Pharmacy Negligence
Pharmacy negligence can take many forms. The most common examples of pharmacy negligence include:
- Giving the patient the wrong medication or wrong dose of medication
- Incorrect instructions on the bottle
- Giving the patient someone else’s medication
- Not checking for drug interactions or drug allergies
- Not confirming the prescription with the prescribing doctor
Types of Damages in a Pharmacy Malpractice Case
Damages are the losses you suffered because of the medication mistake. Getting financial compensation for these losses is one of the main benefits of a successful pharmacy malpractice case. The financial harm caused by a pharmacy mistake can be substantial.
The mistake may have worsened your existing medical condition and required you to need additional medical care and/or medications. You may have needed to miss work due to the harm the mistake caused you. These costs may be recoverable in a pharmacy malpractice case.
In general, a pharmacy malpractice case may allow you to recover compensation for:
- Costs of medical treatments you or your loved one needed because of the pharmacy mistake
- Costs of future medical care you will need because of the error
- Lost wages from missed work
- Harm to your earning capacity
- Physical pain
- Psychological suffering
- Lost capacity for enjoyment of life
- Scarring or disfigurement
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Damages if Your Loved One Died Because of a Pharmacy Error
In some cases, a pharmacist’s or pharmacy technician’s mistake can be deadly. If your loved one died because of a medication error committed by a pharmacy worker, you may be able to bring a lawsuit on their behalf.
According to Florida Statutes §768.19, a wrongful death lawsuit can be brought when someone’s death is caused by another party’s wrongful or negligent action or negligent failure to act. A wrongful death lawsuit may hold the negligent pharmacy accountable and recover compensation for damages. Damages in a fatal pharmacy malpractice case may include:
- Lost financial support and lost services
- Loss of the companionship and other intangible benefits provided by the deceased person
- Psychological suffering after losing a child
- The cost of additional medical care resulting from the pharmacy mistake
- Funeral costs
- Lost income the deceased person would have earned
- Lost accumulations to the deceased person’s estate
Advantages of Working with a Valrico Pharmacy Malpractice Lawyer
Bringing a successful pharmacy malpractice lawsuit may require a considerable amount of legal prowess. You must demonstrate that the pharmacy made a mistake, that the mistake caused harm to your or your loved one, and that you suffered damages. The pharmacy or the malpractice insurance company may downplay the mistake or try to argue that their error did not cause your medical conditions or your loved one’s death.
A Valrico pharmacy malpractice lawyer with Distasio Law Firm can help by:
- Delving into all of your legal options with you
- Gathering evidence of the pharmacy error and the harm it caused you or your family member
- Working closely with medical experts who can validate the medical consequences of the error
- Consulting with financial experts and vocational rehabilitation experts who can attest to the financial impact of the error
- Handling discussions with the malpractice insurance company for you so that you can focus on your recovery
- Fighting for an appropriate settlement
- Filing a medical malpractice lawsuit
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
- Representing you during legal proceedings
Florida’s Deadline for Pharmacy Malpractice Lawsuits
Per Florida Statutes §95.11(4)(b), medical malpractice lawsuits must be filed before two years pass. If you try to file a pharmacy malpractice lawsuit after two years, the court can refuse to hear it. The sooner you contact Distasio Law Firm, the sooner our team of professionals can start investigating your case.
Call Distasio Law Firm for a Free Case Evaluation
Our law firm has secured many impressive settlements and awards for clients injured by medical mistakes. We work on contingency, so you do not pay anything unless we get you a monetary settlement or award. To get your free case assessment, call (813) 259-0022 today.