If you or a loved one was in a car accident involving an Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare service in Clearwater, Florida, it is important to know your rights. You may be eligible for financial recovery.
However, rideshare accidents are often much more complicated than typical car accidents. The laws regulating rideshare insurance are vague and challenging to interpret. Furthermore, the concept of ridesharing is still relatively new, so there are fewer precedents to guide personal injury cases involving rideshare vehicles.
A seasoned auto collision attorney from Distasio Law Firm can be an asset during your Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident case in Clearwater. Our team will investigate the accident and find out who is liable. We can fight to get you compensation for your medical expenses, lost income from missed work, and non-financial damages. You can speak with a Clearwater Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer about your legal options during a free consultation.
How Distasio Law Firm Can Help if You Were Hurt in an Uber or Lyft Rideshare
Auto accidents involving Uber and Lyft can lead to painful injuries that require costly medical treatment. Financial recovery may be sought through the at-fault party’s insurance company or a personal injury case. However, getting financial recovery after being in a rideshare accident is often much harder than it initially seems.
Insurance companies are often unwilling to pay what the injured person needs to cover their damages. There may also be confusion as to which insurance policy the accident falls under. Our experienced attorneys who handle Uber and Lyft ridesharing accidents in Clearwater can clear up the confusion.
Our team is familiar with the ever-changing laws regulating rideshare services and accidents. We can help you understand the situation and provide the legal advocacy you need.
We are equipped to handle cases involving:
- Injuries to Lyft or Uber passengers
- Injuries to Lyft or Uber drivers
- Injuries to other vehicle occupants that an Uber or Lyft driver causes
- Other accidents involving rideshare services
A proactive attorney from our firm can be your legal advocate during your Uber and Lyft ridesharing case in Clearwater. Our firm offers a personal touch with an emphasis on client service.
- Go over all of your legal options with you
- Explain the legal route we think has the best chances of success
- Investigate the accident
- Find out who the liable party is
- Communicate with the rideshare company, insurance company, and other parties for you
- Negotiate for settlement offers
- Avoid unreasonably low settlements
- Handle legal paperwork
- File a personal injury lawsuit
- Represent you in court if needed
Personal Injury Cases Involving Uber or Lyft in Florida
If you were hurt in a car accident involving Uber or Lyft, you may be able to pursue compensation for both economic and non-economic damages in a personal injury case.
The types of damages you may recover include:
- Medical costs, including ambulance transportation, inpatient hospital care, surgery, X-rays, medication, physician appointments, specialist care, and more
- Lost income
- Reduced earning potential caused by your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
At Distasio Law Firm, our rideshare crash attorneys in Clearwater know that when you are recovering from an injury, the last thing that you want to deal with is an insurance company or legal proceedings. We can handle your case for you while you focus on healing from your injuries and getting your life back to normal.
Wrongful Death Cases Involving a Fatal Uber or Lyft Accident
If your loved one died in a rideshare accident in Clearwater, we offer our sincere sympathies. We know that dealing with the unexpected death of a family member is extremely painful. A wrongful death action cannot take away the pain. However, it may accomplish several things, including:
- Holding the responsible party accountable for the fatal accident
- Recovering compensation for your damages
- Getting justice for your loved one
Damages in a Rideshare Wrongful Death Case
The damages a person may be entitled to after losing a loved one in an Uber or Lyft wreck in Clearwater depends on their relationship to the victim, how much they relied on the victim for financial support, and other factors.
Per Florida Statutes §768.21, the damages that may be recovered by surviving family in a wrongful death action include:
- Medical expenses incurred between the rideshare accident and the victim’s death
- Expenses related to the victim’s funeral services and cremation or burial
- Loss of the victim’s companionship
- Loss of the victim’s protection
- Mental pain and suffering
- Loss of the victim’s financial support
- Loss of the victim’s services
The victim’s estate may also recover certain damages, including:
- The value of the wages and benefits that the victim would have earned
- Lost accumulations to the estate
Uber and Lyft Accident Lawsuit Deadlines in Florida
Like other personal injury cases, injury and death lawsuits involving Uber and Lyft crashes are subject to certain deadlines. The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is four years, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). Wrongful death lawsuits must be brought within two years, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
Contact a Clearwater Uber and Lyft Ridesharing Accident Attorney Today
If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a car accident involving an Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare service, you may be able to recover compensation for your damages.
Let our firm manage your accident case so that you can focus on healing. A Clearwater Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer can help you hold the at-fault party accountable, either through a personal injury or wrongful death action.
Call us now for a free case assessment.