If you or someone you care about were injured in a motor vehicle collision, you should contact Distasio Law Firm. One of our skilled personal injury attorneys could help you pursue compensation for various types of damages, such as medical bills and income loss. Auto crashes can disrupt people’s lives, and our law firm aims to help victims recover losses while holding liable parties accountable.
Our legal team at Distasio Law Firm wants to help you through this difficult time. A Brandon car accident lawyer can investigate your accident, identify the at-fault party, and hold them liable for your damages. Our dedicated team offers free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations, which allows us to explain your legal options for pursuing compensation.
We Can Calculate How Much Compensation to Pursue Based on Your Damages
Several factors surrounding your case will influence your total award. These include the details of your car accident, your physical injuries, the amount of income you have lost while recovering, and so on. We are eager to sit down and learn more about the accident and how deeply it has impacted your life.
We will identify and attach economic values to all the ways you suffered harm – whether financially, physically, or even emotionally – and itemize these losses in a demand letter for the defendant and/or their insurance company.
Some types of damages you might recover in your car accident case include:
- Doctor’s fees
- Surgeon’s fees
- Costs for ambulance transportation
- Costs for hospitalization
- Costs for prescription medicines
- Costs for physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Costs for home modifications
- Lost income, including benefits
- Property damage expenses, such as those to repair or replace a vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
A diligent Brandon car crash attorney will also consider future damages you may face based on how long your injuries take to recover, whether you might need additional medical care, or whether your injuries have long-term or permanent consequences.
Additional Damages for Wrongful Death Claims
If you lost a loved one due to injuries they suffered in a car accident, be aware that you may be entitled to pursue a wrongful death action against the negligent party. The legal team at Distasio Law Firm can represent you in this legal effort, and we will do so with dignity and compassion.
If you decide to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Funeral arrangement expenses
- Medical debts inherited from your loved one
- Current and future pain and suffering
- Current and future loss of financial support from your loved one
- Loss of parental guidance and/or companionship
- Loss of consortium
Whether you are recovering from your injuries or grieving the loss of your loved one, our auto collision lawyers in Brandon are here to support your case and help you pursue the compensation you deserve. We offer various services to manage your case so that you can deal with personal matters at your own pace.
Our Legal Team Has the Resources to Manage Your Case from Start to Finish
Our law firm has served clients throughout Central Florida for over 30 years. Regarding Hillsborough County, we have helped car accident victims reach the following settlements:
- $1,000,000 for a woman who suffered a back injury in a car accident
- $225,000 for a woman who suffered arm and ligament injuries in a side-impact collision
While we have discussed what kinds of damages you may be able to pursue, we also want to emphasize that you do not have to seek compensation on your own. By working with our committed car accident attorneys in Brandon, you can focus on your physical recovery and immediate finances while we use our resources to build your case.
Legal Services We Offer
Once you become a client at Distasio Law Firm, our legal team offers to:
- Review the crash report to identify critical information about your case, such as the involved parties and when and how it happened
- If applicable, identify other potentially liable parties, such as a maintenance worker or municipality
- Investigate your case accident to collect any available evidence
- Prepare legal paperwork to submit your case
- Calculate the value of your damages and notify the appropriate parties about the amount of compensation you intend to pursue
- Attend negotiation meetings on your behalf and handle other communications with involved parties
- Present your case in court if necessary
Distasio Law Firm will provide as much legal counsel and guidance you require in your case. We have the resources to accommodate your entire claim and litigation process, or if you need help with just a few selected aspects of your case, we can assist you in that too.
We Can Negotiate With The At-Fault Insurance On Your Behalf
The at-fault insurance carriers may send you settlement checks quickly to close out your right to seek further compensation from any claims or lawsuits. The settlement may seem generous now, but you may be eligible for far more than what you receive. It is important to remember that insurance companies are for-profit companies that want to settle claims for as low as possible to protect their profit margin.
Hiring legal counsel can ensure that your case is thoroughly investigated, and a fair compensation amount is sought that fully covers all the losses you sustained from someone else’s negligence. If the insurance company issues an offer, our car accident lawyers serving Brandon will step into a negotiation process and fight to get you the compensation for your injury and other damages.
Ultimately, the insurance company could refuse to agree to a fair settlement. This is where our team suits up for legal battles. We will not hesitate to file a lawsuit and take the defendant to civil court, where a judge and jury will determine the damages to which you are entitled.
We Can Help Determine All Liable Parties Responsible for Your Car Accident
Most accidents occur from driver error, such as speeding, distracted driving, ignoring traffic laws, and more. The at-fault driver will be held liable for the collision in these cases. But a motor vehicle driver is not the only party that can be held responsible for crashes in Brandon, Florida.
Along with the driver, certain third parties can be held liable, too, depending on what caused the accident.
- Vehicle manufacturer: Sometimes accidents occur when core parts of a vehicle like a brake or an accelerator malfunction. In such cases, the vehicle manufacturer can be held liable through auto product liability claims.
- Governmental entity: The condition of the road, traffic signs and signals can influence how we drive. Things like large potholes, broken guardrails, defective traffic signals, or missing signs can cause in severe wrecks. In this case, city and county governments can be held liable since they failed to maintain the safety of the roads.
- At-fault driver’s employer: If the collision occurred while the at-fault driver was within the scope of their work, such as delivering pizza or another service, then the driver’s employer may hold vicarious liability for the collision. In this case, a claim or lawsuit can be filed against both the driver and the driver’s company.
Our legal team will investigate all facets of your accident to identify the liable party responsible for your injuries and other damages. If the evidence points to multiple liable parties, you may be able to pursue compensation from multiple claims.
We Can Help You Gather Evidence About Your Car Crash in Brandon
After a motor vehicle accident, any attempt to collect compensation from a negligent party is only as effective as the evidence available that favors your case.
Upon taking your case, our team at Distasio Law Firm can launch an investigation into your accident. We will search for and collect evidence to prove the defendant’s negligence in this effort. This may involve:
- Visiting the scene of the accident to gather evidence if necessary
- Interviewing witnesses to get their accounts of what happened
- Taking and gathering photos
- Looking for videos from any nearby surveillance cameras or other sources
- Gathering all your medical records
- Getting a copy of the official accident report from the investigating police officer
- Obtaining copies of wage statements from your employer
In this investigation, the evidence we gather will lay a solid foundation for your case. Our next step will be to build the framework.
Building the Framework of Negligence and Liability Involves Certain Elements
Tort law requires that, for a person or party to be liable for damages sustained in a car accident, the plaintiff must prove negligence. A car accident lawyer from our team serving Brandon must carefully answer and establish the four negligence criteria.
- Duty of care: The defendant owed you a duty to take reasonable steps to protect you from harm.
- Breach of duty: The defendant failed to uphold this duty of care.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty caused your car accident.
- Damages: You suffered physical, emotional, and economic losses due to the car accident.
We will build this framework with the knowledge of car crash cases we have overseen for over a quarter of a century. The framework will rest on the bedrock of solid evidence we gathered during our investigation of your collision.
Your Time to Take Legal Action Is Limited
Many people are not aware that they have a limited time to take legal action against a negligent party.
This legal constraint is defined in Florida’s statute of limitations, Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), as around four years from the car accident date. For wrongful death cases, Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) gives plaintiffs about two years from the date of the victim’s death to file their lawsuit.
When you hire a lawyer to handle your case, they will stay on top of this and other important deadlines on your behalf. Filing your lawsuit sooner rather than later ensures your case will not get dismissed for tardiness, which would bar you from pursuing and collecting compensation in the future.
Filing early will also ensure that the legal counsel has enough time to obtain time-sensitive evidence, for example, information about any sustained injury or car damage, so it can be used to build a solid case that establishes negligence and compensable damages.
Our Auto Crash Attorneys Handle Various Types of Car Accident Cases
Car crashes in Florida happen for a wide variety of reasons. No matter what factors led to your car accident, we can take your case and fight for your right to compensation.
Of the cases we have handled in the past, the most common causes have been:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Driving while distracted
- Driving while fatigued
- Reckless driving
- Rear-end collisions
- Poorly maintained vehicles
Many other elements can lead to a car accident, including:
- Defective auto parts
- Excessive speeds
- Debris on the road
- Insufficient lighting
- Failure to yield right of way
- Road rage
- Running red lights
Depending on the cause of your car accident, a different person or party’s negligence may have initiated the chain of events that prompted the collision. This is where we will start handling your case: determining the at-fault party.
Hire a Brandon Car Accident Lawyer to Represent You and Your Case
When our team at Distasio Law Firm handles a case, we do so with integrity and great care to our client. We think of it as our personal touch.
A loyal and confident Brandon car accident lawyer from our firm will always keep you apprised of the progress of your case, and we will represent you with conviction. Whether during insurance negotiations or courtroom litigation, our belief in your right to compensation will ring true. Call us today for a free, no-obligation case review and consultation.