If you’ve been injured in a vehicle accident in Tampa, Florida, then you might be overwhelmed by the aftermath. The at-fault party’s insurance company might have offered you a settlement deal, but you’re not sure if it’s fair to your situation, and you’re getting conflicting information, all while you’re trying to focus on getting better.
A Tampa passenger vehicle accident lawyer at Distasio Law Firm can help you clear your head and understand your legal options after being in a passenger vehicle accident. One of experienced car wreck attorneys can review your case, explain whether you may be entitled to compensation, then have a personal injury lawyer from our firm in Tampa start working on your case.
How Long do You Have to File a Passenger Vehicle Accident Lawsuit in Florida?
Here in Florida, you generally have two years from the date of your accident to file legal action, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). It is important for you to file your case within the allotted legal time frame you have because otherwise:
- You may be barred from pursuing compensation due to tardiness.
- The opposing party may have the leverage to ask the judge to dismiss your case if it is submitted late.
If your case is dismissed, you will not be able to compel the other party to pay for your damages, meaning you would have to cover those expenses yourself. Our team can review your case and tell you how much time you have left to turn in your personal injury lawsuit.
If you are filing on behalf of a loved one who passed away in a passenger vehicle accident, you have about two years from their death to file your wrongful death lawsuit, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
Do You Need a Passenger Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Tampa, Florida?
Legally, you are not required to retain a personal injury lawyer to help you with your passenger vehicle accident case in Tampa. However, if you are unfamiliar with personal injury law and other requirements of building that type of case, you may want to have a lawyer assist you during the litigation process. We can help you. Here’s how:
We Offer Free Consultations to Answer Your Main Questions
If you or a loved one has been injured in a passenger vehicle accident, you probably have many questions about your case. Our legal team offers free first consultations to prospective clients so that we can answer any questions you have after we review your case. For example, some questions you might have could be:
- Do I need medical care, and who is going to pay for it?
- How am I going to make up for my lost work and salary?
- Is the person who hit me responsible for my costs?
- How am I going to get my car fixed or replaced?
- Can a passenger vehicle accident attorney help?
Our team representatives are available to answer these questions and any others you have about the lawsuit process.
GET OUR FREE CAR ACCIDENT CASE GUIDE
Our Team Offers Many Services that Can Be Challenging to Perform onYour Own
A major benefit of working with a passenger vehicle lawyer from our law firm in Tampa is that we can manage your case on your behalf so that you can focus on your physical recovery instead. If you are limited in where you can go, we may also be able to accommodate your needs.
Our legal services for building cases include:
- Keeping you updated on your claim or lawsuit, which includes any notices about settlement offers you receive
- Organizing evidentiary materials that can be used to support your case, such as the crash report, video footage, and your medical records
- Investigating your passenger vehicle accident separate from the police to see if other information or evidence is available
- Calculating the value of your damages to determine how much compensation you should fight for
- Representing you in out-of-court negotiation meetings or in trial
One of our team representatives can talk more about our services during your free first consultation.
When Should You Get a Lawyer for a Passenger Vehicle Accident in Tampa?
If you face a significant financial setback from your passenger vehicle accident, consider working with a Tampa personal injury lawyer from our law firm as soon as possible to pursue compensation.
The sooner you call, the sooner our team can help build your case. Our goal is for you to be able to concentrate on healing from your injuries while we concentrate on getting the money you will need to make up for what has happened to you.
Evidence May Expire, So Act Fast
After a wreck involving a car and any pedestrian or vehicle, over time, evidence disappears, memories fade, and it becomes harder to prove your case.
When you call the Distasio Law Firm in Tampa, it is our job to preserve this evidence. We can make sure photographs are taken to document the crash and your injuries. We can also interview the witnesses now.
We Handle Other Cases Besides Passenger Vehicle Accident Cases
Our lawyers represent clients in personal injury cases involving the following types of vehicle accidents:
Why Hire Our Lawyers to Help with Your Passenger Vehicle Accident Case in Tampa?
Our legal team at Distasio Law Firm has been serving clients in Tampa and surrounding areas in Florida for over 28 years. We have the case results that show how dedicated we are to helping victims get the compensation they need to recover.
Some of our case results for automobile accident cases include the following:
- $1,490,000 verdict for a client in Sarasota who suffered several injuries to his ribs, lungs, and shoulders after being hit by a car while riding his bike
- $1,000,000 settlement for a client in Tampa who suffered injuries to her back that required surgery after getting into a passenger vehicle accident
- $225,000 settlement for a client in Tampa who suffered arm and hand injuries after getting into a passenger vehicle accident
Our goal is to fight for compensation that fairly reflects your current and future damages so that you can recover with peace of mind.
How Much Is My Passenger Vehicle Crash Case Worth?
Any law firm that tells you that your case is worth a certain amount of money is just trying to get you to hire its lawyers. To answer this question, our legal team will have to review your case and ask you questions about the kinds of damages you experienced. It takes time to know the extent of your injuries, the cost of medical care you will need in the future, and how much your lost wages will be.
Medical Damages Get Measured Once You Reach a Certain Level of Recovery
Once you have reached maximum medical improvement (MMI), your passenger vehicle accident attorney will be able to calculate all of your medical expenses. MMI occurs when:
- Your doctor has treated you long enough to know and diagnose all of your injuries.
- Your doctor can predict what medical care you will need in the future and how long it may take for your injuries to heal as much as possible.
Our team may consult medical experts to determine the cost of your future expenses. Once we receive the information we need to determine the value of your medical-related damages, we can calculate the value of your case.
Your Settlement May Also Cover the Cost of Other Damages
In Florida, the law allows a person injured in a passenger vehicle accident to hold the party that caused the auto accident responsible for the damages. You may be able to recover the cost of other damages, such as:
- Current and future loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical disfigurement
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
A Tampa Passenger Vehicle Accident Attorney Wants to Help You Build Your Case
Are you ready to experience the Distasio Law Firm Difference? Our legal team has more than 30 years of experience handling car accident lawsuits, and we know how to build comprehensive cases.
When it comes to passenger vehicle accident claims, 95% of all cases settle. Insurance companies will offer more for your case because they know that Distasio Law Firm has the financial resources and expertise to go to trial if your case needs it. Looking for a Tampa passenger vehicle accident lawyer? Call today.