If you or someone you care about was injured in a car accident in Brandon, Florida, you may be entitled to pursue compensation for various types of damages, such as medical bills and income loss. Car accidents can disrupt people’s lives, and our law firm aims to help victims fight to recover from them while holding liable parties accountable.
Our legal team at Distasio Law Firm wants to help you through this difficult time. A car accident lawyer serving Brandon can investigate your accident, identify the at-fault party, and hold them liable for your damages. Our team offers free, no-obligation case reviews and consultations, which allows us to explain your legal options for pursuing compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Brandon, call (813) 259-0022
We Can Calculate How Much Compensation to Pursue Based on Your Damages
The details of your car accident, your physical injuries, the amount of income you have lost while recovering, and so on – these are unique to your situation. We are eager to sit down and talk with you about the life you knew before your accident, then compare it with the life you now live.
We will attach economic values to all the ways you suffered harm – whether financially, physically, or even emotionally – and itemize these losses in a demand letter for the defendant and/or their insurance company.
Some types of damages you might recover in your car accident case include:
- Doctor’s fees
- Surgeon’s fees
- Costs for ambulance transportation
- Costs for hospitalization
- Costs for prescription medicines
- Costs for physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Costs for home modifications
- Lost income, including benefits
- Property damage expenses, such as those to repair or replace a vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
Our team can also consider future damages you might expect to face based on how long your injuries might take to recover, whether you might need additional medical care, or whether your injuries have long-term or permanent consequences on your work and personal life.
Additional Damages for Cases Involving Death
If you lost a loved one due to injuries they suffered in a car accident, be aware that you may be entitled to pursue a wrongful death action against the negligent party. The legal team at Distasio Law Firm can represent you in this legal effort, and we will do so with dignity and compassion.
If you decide to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Funeral arrangement expenses
- Medical debts inherited from your loved one
- Current and future pain and suffering
- Current and future loss of financial support from your loved one
- Loss of parental guidance and/or companionship
- Loss of consortium
Whether you are recovering from your own injuries or grieving the loss of your loved one, our law firm can be here to support your case and help you pursue the compensation you need. We offer various services to manage your case so that you can deal with personal matters at your own pace.
Brandon Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Our Legal Team Has the Resources to Manage Your Case From Start to Finish
Our law firm has been serving clients throughout Central Florida for 31 years. Regarding Hillsborough County, we have helped car accident victims reach the following settlements:
- $1,000,000 for a woman who suffered a back injury in a car accident
- $225,000 for a woman who suffered arm and ligament injuries in a side-impact collision
While we’ve discussed what kind of damages you may be able to pursue, we also want to emphasize that you do not have to pursue compensation on your own. By working with our legal team, you can focus on your physical recovery and immediate finances while we use our resources to build your case.
Legal Services We Offer
Once you become a client at Distasio Law Firm, our legal team offers to:
- Review the crash report to identify key information about your case, such as who was involved in your car accident, what caused the accident, and when the accident happened
- Identify other potential liable parties if applicable, such as a maintenance worker or municipality
- Investigate your case accident to collect any available evidence
- Prepare legal paperwork to submit your case
- Calculate the value of your damages and notify the appropriate parties about the amount of compensation you intend to pursue
- Attend negotiation meetings on your behalf and handle other communications with involved parties
- Present your case in court if necessary
Our team can discuss other services we may fulfill in your consultation. Our services may be based on what is required to build your case.
The Negotiation Process
Generally, a car accident case starts with sending a demand letter to the defendant’s insurance company. Sometimes, they will issue a counteroffer. At this point, our car accident lawyers serving Brandon will step into a negotiation process and fight to get you the compensation for your injury and other damages.
Ultimately, the insurance company could refuse to agree to a fair settlement. This is where our team suits up for legal battles. We will not hesitate to file a lawsuit and take the defendant to civil court, where a judge and jury will determine the damages to which you are entitled.
Click to contact our Brandon Car Accident Lawyers today
Your Time to Take Legal Action Is Limited
Many people are not aware that they have a limited amount of time to take legal action against a negligent party.
This legal constraint is defined in Florida’s statute of limitations, Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), as around four years from the date of the car accident that caused the injury. For wrongful death cases, Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) gives plaintiffs about two years from the date of the victim’s death to file their case.
When you hire a lawyer to handle your case, they will stay on top of this and other important deadlines on your behalf. Filing your case sooner rather than later ensures your case won’t get dismissed for tardiness, which would bar you from pursuing and collecting compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Can Help You Gather Evidence About Your Car Accident in Brandon
After a car accident, any attempt to collect compensation from a negligent party is only as effective as the evidence you have to prove the party’s role in causing the accident.
Upon taking your case, our team at Distasio Law Firm can launch an investigation into your accident. In this effort, we can search for and collect evidence to prove the defendant’s negligence. This may involve:
- Visiting the scene of the accident to gather evidence if necessary
- Interviewing witnesses to get their accounts of what happened
- Taking and gathering photos
- Looking for videos from any nearby surveillance cameras or other sources
- Gathering all your medical records
- Getting a copy of the official accident report from the investigating police officer
- Obtaining copies of wage statements from your employer
The evidence we gather in this investigation will lay a solid foundation for your case. Our next step will be to build the framework.
Building the Framework of Negligence and Liability Involves Certain Elements
Tort law requires that, for a person or party to be liable for damages sustained in a car accident, the plaintiff must prove negligence. A car accident lawyer from our team serving Brandon must carefully answer and fulfill the essential components of duty of care.
As your personal injury team, we will fulfill the following criteria:
- Duty of care:The defendant owed you a duty to take reasonable steps to protect you from harm.
- Breach of duty:The defendant failed to uphold this duty of care.
- Causation:The defendant’s breach of duty caused your car accident.
- Damages:You suffered physical, emotional, and economic losses as a result of the car accident.
We will build this framework with the knowledge of car crash cases we have handled for over a quarter of a century. The framework will rest on the bedrock of solid evidence we gathered during our investigation of your collision.
We Handle Various Types of Car Accident Cases in Brandon, Florida
Car crashes in Florida happen for a wide variety of reasons. No matter what factors led to your car accident, we can take your case and fight for your right to compensation.
Of the cases we have handled in the past, the most common causes have been:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Driving while distracted
- Driving while fatigued or tired
- Reckless driving
- Rear-end collisions
- Poorly maintained vehicles
Many other elements can lead to a car accident, including:
- Defective auto parts
- Excessive speeds
- Debris on the road
- Insufficient lighting
- Failure to yield right of way
- Road rage
- Running red lights
Depending on the cause of your car accident, a different person or party’s negligence may have initiated the chain of events that prompted the collision. This is where we will start in handling your case: determining the at-fault party.
Hire a Car Accident Lawyer from Distasio Law Firm to Represent Your Case in Brandon
When our team at Distasio Law Firm handles a case, we do so with integrity and great care to our client. We think of it as our personal touch.
We will always keep you apprised of the progress of your case, and we will represent you with conviction. Whether during insurance negotiations or courtroom litigation, our belief in your right to compensation will ring true. Call us today at (813) 259-0022 for a free, no-obligation case review and consultation.