If you or a loved one were injured due to another party’s negligence or recklessness, our team of dedicated attorneys want to help. A Tarpon Springs personal injury lawyer from our office can help you file a lawsuit that can hold the liable party accountable for their actions and secure you fair compensation for your injuries.
While no amount of compensation can truly make up for what you and your family have suffered, it can ensure that you have one less thing to worry about as you recover from a personal injury. It can also make Tarpon Springs, Florida a safer place for everyone.
What Can a Lawyer from Distasio Law Firm Do?
There are many steps involved in filing a personal injury lawsuit in Tarpon Springs; some of them are more complex than others. A proactive lawyer from Distasio Law Firm can handle each and every legal task on your behalf, no matter how big or small, including:
- Collecting evidence: Relevant evidence varies depending on what type of accident you suffered. It may include photos of the scene, surveillance footage, police reports, and more.
- Identifying the liable party: Even if you already have a good idea of who caused your accident, it is a good idea to let us investigate. We can confirm their identity and, in some cases, prove that there is more than one liable party.
- Quantifying your injuries: We can review the accident and figure out what a fair settlement may look like in your case.
- Filling out forms: You can either ask us to review paperwork that you have already filled out or just let us handle it all for you.
- Negotiating a fair settlement: We are not afraid to face the insurance company and push them to pay what you and your family need instead of a lowball settlement that they may prefer.
- Representing you in court: Not all cases go to court; in fact, we often try to get a pretrial settlement to save our clients the trouble of a trial. However, when a trial becomes necessary, we aggressively advocate for those clients in the courtroom.
The Distasio Personal Touch
While managing clients’ cases is very important to us, we are equally passionate about ensuring that each client has the best possible legal experience. We call this The Distasio Personal Touch, and it includes:
- Evaluating your case for free: Everyone is welcome to call our office and find out if their case is legally valid—and, if so, how Distasio Law Firm can help. We can take your call at any time, day or night.
- Making sure you understand your rights: We make sure clients understand what they are entitled to so that no one, especially not the liable party’s insurance company, can rob them of their rights.
- Giving you time to ask questions: Our team welcomes questions from clients at any time of day. If we are not available when you call, we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
- Updating you throughout the case: As soon as we know something new about a case, our client knows it too. This way, they have the maximum amount of time to react to and make decisions about each new development.
- Charging no attorney’s fees up front: If we cannot secure a settlement or favorable verdict for a client, then they do not have to pay us any attorney’s fees, ever.
Lawsuits can be stressful. You can make things easier on yourself by hiring a skilled Tarpon Springs injury attorney from Distasio Law Firm to manage every single aspect of your case.
Damages in Personal Injury Cases
How much is a personal injury worth? The answer varies widely from case to case. In one Tarpon Springs case, where a driver was severely injured after a rear-end car accident, we were able to secure a jury award of more than $480,000 to cover her financial, physical, and emotional injuries.
Depending on the facts of your case and how much evidence we can collect, you may be entitled to some or all of the following damages:
- Medical costs, for the treatments you received to save your life or alleviate symptoms of physical or psychological injuries
- Property damage, if, for example, your car was totaled in the accident, and you had to buy a new one
- Past and future loss of wages, if the injuries keep you from earning a living on either a temporary or permanent basis
- Disability, including the loss of any physical or intellectual ability that you had prior to the accident, or the worsening of a preexisting condition
- Pain and suffering, for the physical and/or emotional toll that the accident has had on your overall health and wellbeing
- Reduced quality of life, which includes everything from having to give up a favorite hobby to needing help with the most basic of necessary tasks
- Scarring or disfigurement, if the accident left you with permanent marks that affect your physical appearance and/or self-image
To prove that you are entitled to such damages, we can collect evidence such as bills, receipts, and testimony from witnesses and experts.
Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
When someone loses their life in a fatal accident, their survivors may be able to collect some of the same types of compensation awarded in personal injury cases. For instance, if you paid for your loved one’s medical care, you could sue for reimbursement for that expense.
In addition, there are several types of compensation that only wrongful death survivors can qualify for, such as:
- Loss of financial support, for anyone who was partially or wholly dependent on the deceased
- Funeral expenses, if you paid to lay the deceased to rest and/or to settle their estate
- Loss of society or companionship, including any and all benefits (advice, affection, etc.) that the deceased brought to your relationship
On behalf of the entire team at Distasio Law Firm, we are sorry for your loss. Allow us to help you fight for justice on behalf of your deceased loved one and fair compensation for yourself and the deceased’s other dependents.
What Counts as a Personal Injury Accident?
Almost any type of accident that results in physical harm to the victim can be classified as a “personal injury accident.” Examples include but are not limited to:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Boating accidents
- Dog bites
- Slip and fall accidents
If you were injured in such an accident, then you have a maximum of four years to take legal action against the liable party. This is the statute of limitations codified at Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
If, however, you lost a loved one in such an accident, then you have a maximum of only two years to start a legal action, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
Whatever type of lawsuit you file, one of our seasoned personal injury lawyers in Tarpon Springs can help, but only so long as you are still within the relevant statute of limitations. This is why it is so important to get legal help as soon as you can following an accident.
What About Medical Malpractice?
Victims of medical malpractice or the victim’s survivors may file a lawsuit against negligent doctors, pharmacists, medical facilities, and so on. However, these lawsuits are regulated by different laws than other types of personal injury cases. Distasio Law Firm can help you to understand these differences and represent you in medical and pharmaceutical malpractice cases.
Contact a Tarpon Springs Personal Injury Attorney Now
Our firm is passionate about making sure that accident victims in Tarpon Springs receive legal representation and fair compensation. Call Distasio Law Firm today to receive a free case review from a member of our team. A Tarpon Springs personal injury lawyer can explain how a legal professional from our firm can help with your personal injury case. We never charge attorney’s fees until you receive compensation.