Pedestrians are always at risk of injury doing daily tasks – like walking through a parking lot or crossing the street – as drivers often fail to exercise proper caution when encountering pedestrians or completely ignore them while driving. Driver negligence is a leading cause of accidents of this nature, and therefore serious bodily injuries to pedestrians, in the United States.
Our team has dedicated over 30 years to helping auto accident victims of all kinds, including serious accidents involving pedestrians. Distasio Law Firm is here to help you recover the compensation you deserve for your serious injuries. If you have been injured while simply walking due to someone else’s negligence, our Tampa pedestrian injury lawyer can help you fight for the damages you need to move forward after your accident.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Tampa, call (813) 259-0022
How an Attorney Can Assist You in a Pedestrian Injury Case
The purpose of personal injury law is to give accident victims the ability to hold a person responsible when that person causes them serious injuries. An accident attorney may be able to win compensation for a pedestrian or their family even if the pedestrian was deemed partially at fault.
Pedestrian accidents are often catastrophic and usually require continuing medical treatment. Attorney Scott Distasio is here for you. He and the rest of our compassionate legal team will pursue compensation for you and give you the chance to move on to a brighter tomorrow. Here’s what a lawyer from our firm will do for you:
- Gather evidence – Our team will collect all evidence in your case, including the police report, medical records, eyewitness statements, any surveillance video of the accident, and photographs of the accident scene and your resulting injuries.
- Determine liability – We will investigate the accident that led to your injuries and determine who the at-fault party is – whether it’s a motor vehicle driver, bicycle rider, or commercial truck driver – and hold the responsible party to account.
- Communicate with all parties involved – Our legal team will handle all communications with the at-fault party, their attorney, and the insurance companies so that you can focus on getting better.
- Keep you updated on your case’s progress – Our team is here for you 24/7. We never leave you in the dark when it comes to your case. We will always inform you of any new developments as they occur.
We are passionate advocates for our injury clients in the Tampa area. Scott Distasio believes if another’s negligent or reckless actions injured you, that person should pay for the harm they caused. Our lawyer from Distasio Law Firm is ready to go to work for you as soon as you call us.
Tampa Pedestrian Accidents Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Do Not Delay in Seeking Justice for Your Pedestrian Injury Case
You have a limited time to pursue compensation in your injury case. Florida has a statute of limitations, or legal deadline, for filing personal injury and wrongful death cases in civil court, as follows:
- Personal injury: Four years per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a)
- Wrongful death: Two years per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d)
There may be exceptions to these statutory deadlines based on the unique circumstances of your case. That’s why you may want to consider hiring a lawyer from our firm familiar with Florida’s laws and statutes to analyze the details of your case.
Click to contact our Tampa Pedestrian Accident Lawyers today
We Fight to Win Millions in Settlements or Court Verdicts for Our Injury Clients
The team at Distasio Law Firm is dedicated to fighting for fair compensation for our injured clients, whether in or out of court. Here are examples of the success we have had in negotiating settlements or winning court awards in favor of our clients:
- $1.49 million verdict – A jury in Sarasota County awarded this amount to a man who was hit by a car while riding his bicycle. A defense witness argued the man was riding the wrong way. Our attorneys were able to provide an expert witness who refuted that claim.
- $1 million settlement – For a Tampa woman struck by another vehicle in traffic and injured a pre-existing condition in her back. The case settled on the second day of trial following our expert witness testimony.
Our Firm Works on a Contingency-Fee Basis
We know you are trying to make ends meet right now. You may be out of work due to your injuries and unsure if you can afford to hire legal representation. When you hire Distasio Law Firm to represent you in a pedestrian injury case, you will pay nothing up front or out of pocket.
Our team will front all the costs associated with your case, whether we need to hire expert witnesses or purchase court documents. You will not pay a dime unless we win a settlement or court award on your behalf. Our attorney fees will come out of a portion of the settlement you are awarded, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Distasio Law Firm Difference
When you choose Distasio Law Firm to represent you in a pedestrian injury claim or lawsuit, you can rest assured our lawyer will handle all aspects of the case from start to finish.
Our principal attorney, Scott Distasio, has spent over three decades handling personal injury cases. Scott knows how to negotiate with the insurance companies for the full and fair settlement on your behalf. If the insurance company won’t settle, Scott is not afraid to defend your case in court. He is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Trial law. Very few attorneys in this state can make that same claim.
Scott Distasio is respected by his peers and his clients for his ability and ethics. He will fight for you and build a strong case to support your claim for compensation.
Call to Speak to One of Our Team Member’s About Your Case
If you were injured or your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a pedestrian accident in Tampa that was someone else’s fault, do not wait another day to seek justice. The team at Distasio Law Firm is here to help seek the compensation you need.
Call (813) 259-0022 to discuss your case with a team member today. Initial consultations are free.