Distasio Law Firm is dedicated to representing clients in personal injury and wrongful death claims involving drunk driving accidents in Florida. By providing representation and personalized attention, we assist accident victims and their families in recovering compensation for their injuries and losses.
If you or someone you know has been injured because of an intoxicated driver’s actions, a Florida drunk driving accident lawyer can fight for you. Our experienced car crash attorneys have the time and resources to build a compensation case while you recover from your injuries or loss. When you contact our firm, you’ll receive a free case evaluation to get started.
You Could Hold a Drunk Driver Financially Liable
In Florida, driving under the influence (DUI) is a very serious criminal offense. State law defines DUI as having a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% or higher. Generally, when a person operates a motor vehicle with this much alcohol in their system, they lack the coordination and abilities they would normally have to avoid a collision. In legal terms, they are considered incapacitated and should not be on the road at all.
People who choose to drive while intoxicated place their lives and the lives of others at great risk. For example, victims of such accidents can face:
- Severe and even life-threatening injuries
- Expensive medical bills for their emergency medical care and additional treatment
- Significant vehicle damage
- Physical pain and emotional suffering from their injuries
- Disability or disfigurement
Because drunk driving is considered negligent behavior, victims could recover compensation for damages like these from the at-fault party. Similarly, surviving family members of DUI accident victims could seek financial recovery for their loss, including funeral and burial expenses, loss of companionship and support, and reduced household income.
Florida Limits the Time You Have to File a Lawsuit
No matter how strong the evidence is in your case, you could lose the right to file a lawsuit if the state’s deadline expires. Florida has two general statutes of limitations that could apply to your case:
- Four years under Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) for personal injury lawsuits
- Two years under Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) for wrongful death lawsuits
Certain circumstances could extend or shorten this deadline, which is why we encourage victims to reach out as soon as possible. This allows us to identify your case’s filing deadline and protect your right to sue. Our proactive drunk driver crash attorneys will help you navigate these and other Florida car accident laws.
We Help Drunk Driving Accident Victims Recover Damages in Florida
DUI collisions are often much more dangerous than non-alcohol-related motor vehicle accidents. Per data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 7,573 people were killed in these crashes between 2009 and 2018 in Florida alone.
Our attorneys understand the emotional and financial devastation these accidents can cause, and we seek to hold drunk drivers responsible for their actions on behalf of our clients. We also seek compensation for other types of car accident cases. Some of our recent case results include:
- $1,490,000 for a client who was hit while riding his bike, resulting in severe injuries and chronic pain
- $480,000 for a client who was rear-ended while stopped behind a school bus, resulting in a herniated disc and other injuries
- $225,000 for a client who suffered a broken arm and other injuries in a T-bone accident
As you can see, the recoverable compensation after a car accident can vary widely based on the case’s facts. Our team of knowledgable intoxicated driver collision lawyers in Florida know how to calculate personal injury and wrongful death damages and will use this knowledge to seek a fair settlement on your behalf.
What Our Attorneys Will Do for Your Florida Drunk Driver Accident Case
When you choose our Florida-based firm, we provide The Distasio Difference. Our client-first approach to personal injury means:
- We are proactive about case updates: You should never have to wonder what’s going on with your case; we will let you know as soon as developments occur.
- We are here to listen: No one knows more about the consequences of the accident on your life than you. Our team will listen to what you have experienced and use the insight you provide to guide your case.
- We are always within reach: If you have questions, concerns, or information to discuss with our team, you don’t have to worry about being able to reach us. We encourage you to call or stop by.
- We advise and advocate: Our attorneys will be honest and transparent when it comes to speaking with you about the case. When speaking with outside parties, such as the insurance company, we will advocate for you.
Our committed car accident team will handle every aspect of your case with these principles in mind, from our initial investigation to negotiations with the liable party’s representatives.
Our Clients Receive The Distasio Personal Touch
We take pride in going above and beyond to fight for our clients. The reviews we receive let us know that the time, resources, and effort we give each case help our clients get the justice they seek:
- “Mr. Distasio and his staff have been phenomenal. They have stepped in and allowed me to focus on getting better without the stress of managing everything else on top of it. I will always be so grateful for their help. I genuinely recommend this firm.” – K. Hawkins
- “I highly recommend Distasio Law Firm. Scott is a skilled attorney and makes the process after an accident much easier. I am always impressed with every conversation I have had with him.” – E. Hargis
- “What a great firm! Scott and his team are the best always kept me informed about my case and got us the best possible result due to his professionalism and hard work. Would recommend to anyone!” – K. O’Loughlin
At Distasio Law Firm, we strive to give each client we represent the compassion and support they deserve in the aftermath of a catastrophic accident. You should never have to settle for less from your legal team.
Reach Out to Florida Drunk Driving Accident Attorney Today for a Complimentary Case Review
Our law firm has handled hundreds of car accident injury cases. If a drunk driver in Florida caused your injuries, we are confident our capable legal professionals can help. Let a Florida drunk driving accident lawyer advocate for your financial recovery.
We serve clients on a no-win, no-fee basis, meaning our firm takes on all the financial risk so that you don’t have to. The only attorney’s fees we take come from the compensation we secure in your case – otherwise, you owe us nothing.
Call us today to discuss what our lawyers can do for your case.