If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle collision, our firm can help. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages, including medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our dedicated personal injury attorneys are on your side.
Call a Lakeland motorcycle accident lawyer at Distasio Law Firm now for help.
Determining Liability for Your Motorcycle Wreck
Research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) identifies motorists as being at fault in more than half of all multi-vehicle collisions involving motorcycles. Factors that contribute to driver negligence include:
- Failure to yield the right-of-way: the NHTSA cites intersections as the most common location of collisions involving cars and motorcycles.
- Improper use of mirrors: the driver failed to properly adjust their mirrors to accommodate blind spots surrounding the perimeter of the car.
- Lack of perception: the driver underestimated the speed at which the motorcycle was traveling and pulled out in front of it.
- Distracted driving: the driver became distracted by their smartphone, navigational devices, or children in the car.
- Driving under the influence: the driver chose to get behind the wheel while under the influence of drugs or alcohol or fatigued.
These are not the only examples of negligence that may have contributed to your motorcycle accident. If these or other reckless actions played a role in your injuries, a capable Lakeland motorcyclist injury lawyer can help. Call now for a free consultation.
Demonstrating the Liable Party’s Negligence in a Motorcycle Crash
Depending on the specifics of your accident, multiple parties may be liable for your injuries or damages. We can demonstrate the liable party’s negligence by establishing the following:
- Duty of care. All motorists have a duty of care to other drivers on the road, which means they are responsible for behaving safely when behind the wheel.
- Breach of duty. The liable party breached this duty of care by performing a reckless action like speeding.
- Causation. The liable party’s breach of duty contributed to your accident and injuries.
- Damages. The accident resulted in injuries, losses, and other expenses to you.
A seasoned Lakeland motorcycle crash attorney can formulate a plan to recover the compensation you deserve from the liable party.
Potentially Recoverable Damages for Motorcycle Accident Injuries
While each case is different, we can typically seek the following damages from the liable party in a motorcycle accident:
- Medical costs, such as hospital and doctors’ fees
- Ongoing costs, such as rehabilitation and prescription medicines
- Lost wages due to time spent away from work during your recovery
- Pain and suffering
Our team of skilled biker injury attorneys in Lakeland will fight to hold the negligent party responsible for their actions. A personal injury claim can help you recover financial compensation for your injuries.
Wrongful Death Claim in a Fatal Motorcycle Accident
The NHTSA reports that per vehicle mile traveled, motorcyclists are 27 times more likely to die in an accident than other drivers. If your loved one passed away after an accident while on a motorcycle, you deserve justice.
The Florida Wrongful Death Act controls recoverable damages in a wrongful death claim. Depending upon the circumstances of your case, you may be entitled to compensation for such expenses as funeral and burial costs.
No amount of money can replace your loved one. It can, however, help ease the financial burden left by covering your unexpected expenses, the loss of companionship, and more. We invite you to call us now for help pursuing the damages to which you may be entitled.
Let a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Protect Your Best Interests
A motorcycle crash is a traumatic event that can change your life. The days and weeks following your accident are full of stress and uncertainty. You do not have to deal with insurance company representatives on your own at this time.
Insurance companies like to settle cases quickly. Representatives may offer you an initial settlement that might seem like a large sum to you and your family. This settlement may not be enough to cover your future medical care.
Accepting a settlement offer from an insurance company prohibits you from pursuing future action should your medical condition worsen. We recommend having your lawyer speaking with your insurance company on your behalf.
At Distasio Law Firm, we work hard to reach the type of settlement you deserve. While most settlements occur out of court, we are ready to go to trial if necessary. We take on insurance companies and treat our clients with the respect they deserve during this difficult time.
Call a Lakeland Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today to Get Started
If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle crash, you may be entitled to damages from another party. Time is of the essence, so do not delay. The statute of limitations for filing personal injury claims is typically four years in the state of Florida, which starts upon the date of your injury. This period can pass quickly when you are focused on your recovery.
Let us protect your interests by:
- Handling communications with insurance companies
- Filing the necessary paperwork within the appropriate deadlines
- Gathering the evidence that supports your claim
- Negotiating for a fair settlement
- Representing your interests at trial, if necessary
Our legal team takes great pride in serving residents in Lakeland and the surrounding areas. Our team is prepared to help by gathering all evidence, such as police reports, medical bills, and any pictures or videos of the accident scene. We will review your case and discuss your legal options.
Contact a Lakeland motorcycle accident lawyer now for a free case evaluation. We want to fight for you, and we will not get paid until you recover compensation. Call now.