If you suffered injuries to your back, neck, or spine in a fall on someone else’s property in Tampa, your fall may have been preventable. A Tampa back and spine injuries lawyer from Distasio Law Firm may be able to help you collect proof and build a case against the property owner or another party who failed to prevent your fall in Hillsborough County, Florida.
Property owners and managers must remove all hazards as soon as possible. Failing to do so leaves them liable for any injuries that occur. If we can build a case showing the property owner knew about the hazard that triggered your fall or that they should have known about it, they may be financially liable for your damages.
Call Distasio Law Firm today for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with a knowledgeable slip and fall attorney.
Benefits of Hiring Our Firm To Lead Your Tampa Back and Spine Case
If you’ve suffered a back or spine injury or lost a loved one from such injuries, hiring our firm may provide several benefits. While you can handle your case on your own, there are risks to going without an attorney. If you pursue compensation without a lawyer’s help, then you may:
- Put your wellbeing at risk: Handling a lawsuit or insurance claim can put you under significant stress. These processes also require substantial time, effort, and energy. Combined with your existing responsibilities, these demands may be overwhelming—and may even compromise your health.
- Face complex, foreign concepts and practices: If you’re unfamiliar with legal or insurance concepts, then you may face a learning curve. A lawsuit, in particular, may require you to complete research and navigate unfamiliar circumstances. For many victims of back or spinal injuries, these responsibilities are too much to handle.
For many fall victims in Tampa, hiring a back and spine injury attorney is the proper choice. You may also choose to hire an attorney, and you may choose Distasio Law Firm in particular.
Why Choose Distasio Law Firm for Your Case in Tampa?
Our team works hard to set itself apart from other personal injury law firms. Our emphasis on communication is a defining feature of our firm, as we:
- Ensure that clients are aware of their case’s progress: We take a proactive approach to client communication. We know that you can’t be confident in your case unless you know progress is occurring. Our team will keep you informed of your case’s status, and we’re always available to respond to your calls and emails.
- Listen to our clients: We know the difference between talking at clients and speaking with When we speak with you, it is always a two-way conversation. We truly listen to and do our best to address any questions and concerns that you have.
- Give you our advice at every turn of your case: While we listen to you, we will also provide our honest advice at every step of your case. Our team works with you, and that means relying on our experience to guide you through the legal process.
Our firm values the client, first and foremost. Because our attorneys only receive a fee if we win for the client, we will have a shared goal: to win your case. You can rest assured that our firm will do everything in our power, from working long hours to hiring experts, as we try to win for you.
Distasio Law Firm has experience handling cases like yours. We’ve won cases for those with back and spine injuries, and we’ll work hard to win for you. Though we make no promises about case results, we do promise to work tirelessly on your behalf.
Back and Spinal Cord Injuries Are Possible After Any Type of Fall
Falls generally occur due to one of three factors:
- A lack of traction
- An object or other hazard left in the walkway
- A broken or missing railing, broken handrail, or hazard on the stairs
Any fall can lead to back and spine injuries, depending on how far you fall, how you land, any previous injuries or conditions, and other factors. According to Mayo Clinic, a spine injury may result in any of the following symptoms, either as an immediate symptom of an injury or as a lasting sign of the damage done:
- Intense pressure or pain near the injury site
- Stinging pain or other intense nerve-related sensations
- Loss of movement below the injury
- Change in sensation or loss of sensation
- Issues with bowel and bladder control
- Painful spasms
- Changes in sexual functioning
- Difficulty breathing
Paying for the care and support necessary following a back or spine injury is difficult, even when you expect a full physical recovery. We understand the need to pursue a payout in your case, and we believe you should not have to assume the financial burden of the injuries you suffered as a result of someone else’s negligence.
Our team will review your slip and fall case for free. If we believe the evidence exists to prove your case and hold the property owner accountable, we will take on your back and spine injury case on contingency. We will pay the cost to handle your case and put in the necessary time to develop a case argument on your behalf.
Let a dedicated Tampa back and spine injuries attorney from Distasio Law Firm go to work for you. You may be eligible for financial recovery. Call for a FREE consultation.
Recoverable Damages for Victims of Tampa Back and Spine Fall Injuries
At Distasio Law Firm, every member of our team is committed to putting our clients first. We want you to understand your case and feel confident that we can handle every aspect of it, providing the utmost in client service.
We may be able to hold the property owner or occupier accountable for your injuries through a liability insurance claim or by filing a personal injury lawsuit. We will work to build a case, provide the resources necessary to gather evidence, hire experts when necessary, and pursue the compensation you deserve based on your losses.
While we’ll pursue an out-of-court settlement, we are always willing to go to court to prove your case, if necessary.
A seasoned back and spine injuries lawyer in Tampa can take action to seek damages that may include:
- Current and future medical treatment for your injuries
- Care and support costs
- Current and future lost pay
- Diminished earning ability
- Any documented out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
We may also be able to build a case for loved ones of those who passed away after suffering a spinal cord injury in a Tampa-area fall. We pursue wrongful death actions and seek damages as allowed under Florida Statute § 768.21.
The Statute of Limitations on Back and Spine Injury Lawsuits in Florida
Under Florida Statute § 95.11, we only have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in a Hillsborough County court, or in a nearby jurisdiction where your injuries occurred. In general, statutes of limitations are:
- Four years to file a personal injury lawsuit
- Two years to file a wrongful death action
There may be exceptions to these laws. Certain exceptions could extend the time we have to file your case, or instead may shorten our opportunity to take legal action. It is a good idea to get started on the investigation and insurance process as quickly as possible. We encourage you to call Distasio Law Firm as soon as you can to discuss your case with us.
Talk to a Tampa Back and Spine Injuries Attorney Today
If you or a member of your family suffered back or spine injuries in a fall in the Tampa area, an attorney from Distasio Law Firm may be able to build a case and seek financial recovery on your behalf. Let us review the facts of your case today. Call to get started on your FREE consultation with a Tampa back and spine injuries lawyer.