If you suffered injuries in a car accident in Zephyrhills or anywhere in Pasco County, you may be eligible to file an insurance claim or lawsuit to hold the at-fault driver responsible for their negligent actions. Alternatively, if one of your loved ones died in a vehicle accident, you might qualify to file a wrongful death claim to pursue compensation.
Ourpersonal injury team and car accident lawyers at Distasio Law Firm can help you take legal action. A Zephyrhills car accident l could help you recover compensation for the damages caused by the crash. In addition, we can help you calculate how much compensation to pursue. If you would like to learn more about building a personal injury case, we offer initial consultations for free.
A Car Accident Lawyer From Our Team Can Help You Fight to Recover Damages
Calculating the value of your car accident case involves assessing your damages, both economic and noneconomic. Reaching an accurate estimate is crucial because you cannot pursue more compensation once you settle your case.
Although every case is different, victims in car accident cases may be entitled to compensation for the following damages:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Other types of compensable damages may include losses related to living with a permanent disability or physical disfigurement. Our team can review the case to see what you may be entitled to claim, which may include losses not listed in this article.
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one died in a car accident in Zephyrhills, you may be able to take legal action and hold the at-fault motorist liable for the damages that resulted. Per Florida Statutes § 768, qualifying surviving family members of a victim can pursue compensation for additional damages in a wrongful death action.
These damages may include:
- Funeral expenses, including costs for burial or cremation services
- Loss of financial support from the decedent
- Loss of consortium and other losses related to significant changes in the family dynamic
Evidence for Damages
We will need to gather evidence to prove the value of your losses and expenses. This evidence may include:
- Expert testimony
- Relevant medical records
- Medical bills
- Estimates of future cost of care
- Estimates to repair or replace your vehicle
- Any other documentation of your expenses or losses
Our team can discuss what kind of information we may need to support the value of your damages in a future consultation. We may also be able to retrieve many of these items on your behalf.
In Florida, a personal injury attorney must prove the at-fault party’s negligence in a car accident. Thus, besides obtaining evidence to prove the financial value of the claim, your attorney will also need to find evidence that proves:
- The at-fault had a responsibility to act with care
- The at-fault party violated this responsibility
- You sustained injuries because they violated their duty
Your attorney may use various methods to prove the other party’s negligence, including accident reconstruction, expert testimony, and witness statements. They may also incorporate photographs of the accident scene, CCTV footage, cellphone video, or other visual documentation that establishes the progression of events that led to the accident.
A Florida car accident attorney will be familiar with the legal requirements for proving negligence in a personal injury case.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Zephyrhills, call (813) 259-0022
There Are Time Limits on Filing Civil Injury Claims Cases in Florida
In general, accident victims in Florida have about four years from the date of the accident to take legal action and file a lawsuit against a liable party, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11. If you are filing on behalf of a deceased loved one, the time limit on wrongful death cases is generally two years from the date of death.
While the above statutes of limitations typically apply, numerous factors can affect the time limit for filing a lawsuit. For example, accidents in which the at-fault driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol could allow victims to file a lawsuit later than the standard statute of limitations for civil suits. Because Florida laws can be complicated, you should speak with a Zephyrhills car accident attorney about your claim as soon as possible.
Reach out to Distasio Law Firm quickly after your accident to ensure you do not miss any key deadlines. If you miss the statutory deadline, you may be unable to pursue compensation as the case could get dismissed for being late. If this happens, you would be responsible for covering your damages, not the opposing party.
Zephyrhills Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Our Legal Team Can Manage Your Car Accident Case in Zephyrhills, Florida
If you were a victim of a car accident in Zephyrhills, Florida, the personal injury team from Distasio Law Firm may be able to help you pursue financial recovery. You could potentially hold the at-fault driver or another liable party responsible for the pain and suffering and economic damages they caused. A personal injury lawyer from our team can represent you and lead the management of your case.
Our representation will let you focus on your recovery while we:
- Gather evidence
- Manage paperwork and deadlines with the court
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf
- Defend your rights
- Answer your questions and keep you informed
If the case leads to a trial, one of our lawyers can also prepare for litigation and argue on your behalf on why you may be entitled to receive compensation from the liable party.
What to Do if You Are in a Car Accident in Zephyrhills
If you have been in an accident in Pasco County, you can take these steps to protect yourself and your right to compensation:
- Ensure your safety: Remove yourself from lanes with moving traffic. Pull onto the shoulder if you can and stay away from moving vehicles.
- Call an ambulance: If you or other people have sustained injuries, call an ambulance immediately. Even if you think your injuries are minor, seek medical attention at an emergency room if you do not take an ambulance to the hospital.
- File a police report: When you dial 911 for emergency assistance, a police officer will usually attend the accident with the ambulance or fire department. If an officer does not arrive at the scene, contact the local police to file an accident report. Get a copy of the report for your records, as you could use it to support your compensation claim.
- Document the accident scene: If you can do so safely, take photos of the accident site. Pay particular attention to vehicle damage, final resting places of the vehicles, skid marks, and damaged objects such as guard rails or construction markers. Your car accident lawyer will use this evidence to support your claim and determine fault.
- Exchange information: Provide the other driver with your contact information and insurance details. While you often find this information in the police report, it is best to have it on hand to provide your insurance company and attorney with the information as soon as possible.
- Call your insurance company: Contact your insurance provider to advise of the accident. Avoid making any statements that it can use as an admission of fault.
- Reach out to a car accident attorney: Once you have a moment, contact a car accident attorney who has handled a variety of crash claims.
We Handle Many Types of Car Accident Cases in Zephyrhills, Florida
Drivers must follow all traffic rules and drive in a way that does not put others on the road in avoidable danger. When they violate these rules and cause an accident, we believe they should be held accountable.
Distasio Law Firm represents Zephyrhills victims in a wide range of car accidents, including:
- Rear-end accidents
- Side-impact accidents
- Head-on accidents
- Failure to yield accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Multicar accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Fatigued driving accidents
We Also Represent Victims of Different Types of Vehicle Accidents
If you sustained injuries in a motor vehicle accident in Zephyrhills, Distasio Law Firm is here to help. We also accept cases that involve:
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
Regardless of the factors involved in the case, our legal team is here to listen to how your injuries occurred and help you fight for compensation. We can help you investigate who may be held accountable for your injuries and pursue action against them.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Our Firm Build a Case Against the Driver Who Caused Your Car Accident
In order to secure a settlement in a car accident case, it is typically necessary for the victim to prove:
- The at-fault driver or party acted negligently.
- The at-fault driver or party’s negligence caused your accident and injuries.
- You sustained both physical and economic damages.
- There is documentation of your accident-related losses and expenses.
We can help argue these facts in your case by gathering evidence that supports them. Evidence may include:
- Pictures or video from the accident
- Witness statements
- Police records
- Testimony from accident recreation experts
- Evidence of your injuries from your medical providers
Once we believe we have a compelling case, we can file your claim and demand the insurance company pay us a fair settlement based on the evidence we present to them. If the insurer refuses to provide a fair settlement, we are not afraid to take them to court.
Call Distasio Law Firm Today to Get a Free Case Evaluation About Your Car Accident
Distasio Law Firm works on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you pay us nothing upfront for our legal advice or representation. Our team of car accident attorneys wants to help build your case in Zephyrhills. We only charge you for our services if we secure a settlement or award in court for your case.
Contact our team today to receive a free consultation. A lawyer from our firm is ready to serve you.
Call or text (813) 259-0022 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form