If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a head-on collision, you may be able to bring a civil claim against the at-fault party.
A personal injury or wrongful death claim may help you recover financial compensation for your damages. Compensation for lost income due to missed work, medical bills, future medical costs, mental anguish, and other types of losses may be available.
A Sarasota head-on collisions lawyer from Distasio Law Firm can investigate the circumstances of your accident and help you build a strong claim. Call us today at (813) 259-0022 for a free case review with a member of our team.
How a Sarasota Head-On Collisions Lawyer Can Help You
If you were involved in a head-on collision, Distasio Law Firm can handle your claim on your behalf while you focus on recovering. Our team knows Florida law and how to bring a strong claim against the at-fault party.
Distasio Law Firm can:
- Help you understand the steps involved in a personal injury or wrongful death claim, as well as your rights and responsibilities as a plaintiff
- Obtain evidence such as video footage, police reports, and medical records, and use this evidence to strengthen your case
- Gather eyewitness testimony from individuals who saw the crash
- Calculate the value of your case
- Work closely with professionals such as accident reconstruction experts or medical professionals to further build your claim
- Accurately complete paperwork or legal documents and ensure they are submitted on time
- Represent your best interests during settlement negotiations
- Help you reject settlement offers that do not cover all of your damages
- Take your case to trial and represent you on trial if a settlement is not reached through negotiations
- Protect your rights and support you throughout your case
For a free legal consultation with a head-on collisions lawyer serving Sarasota, call (813) 259-0022
Damages in a Head-On Car Crash Claim
The losses that an individual suffers due to personal injury are called “damages.” The value of your claim will be directly influenced by the damages you sustained.
Through a personal injury claim, you might receive compensation for:
- Medical bills and future medical costs
- Disability or loss of functioning caused by the crash injuries
- Loss of income from missed work
- Impairment to your future earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
Distasio Law Firm can help you identify your damages and calculate their value.
Sarasota Head-On Collisions Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Taking Legal Action After a Fatal Head-On Collision
If you have lost a loved one in a fatal head-on collision, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party.
A wrongful death claim may serve two important purposes: holding the liable party accountable for your terrible loss and recovering financial compensation for your damages.
If you are filing a wrongful death claim, your damages might include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s income
- Loss of your loved one’s support and services
- Loss of your loved one’s companionship and guidance
Liability for Head-On Collisions
Head-on collisions are often caused by negligent drivers. Some of the top causes of head-on crashes include:
- Intoxicated driving
- Unsafe passing, including passing on a double yellow line
- Texting and driving and other forms of distracted driving
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Poor road conditions
- Reckless driving
- Drag racing
- Road rage
Drivers have a legal duty of care to other motorists, passengers, and pedestrians. They have a legal responsibility to follow Florida traffic laws and drive with caution.
Driving with disregard for others’ safety is a violation of this duty. However, the burden of proof in a car accident injury claim is on the plaintiff and their attorney. This means that it is up to you and your lawyer to prove that the defendant’s breach of duty caused your injuries or your loved one’s death.
A Sarasota head-on collisions lawyer from Distasio Law Firm can help you find evidence of the defendant’s negligence or wrongdoing and build a compelling claim for damages.
Call us today at (813) 259-0022 for a free consultation with a member of our team.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Important Statute of Limitations Information You Need to Know
Your right to sue in Florida has a time limit.
Per Florida Statute § 95.11(3)(a), the general statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is four years. Per Florida Statute § 95.11(4)(d), there is generally a two-year statute of limitations for wrongful death lawsuits.
Various factors can influence the time restrictions your case is subject to. A representative of Distasio Law Firm can go over what specific deadlines apply to your case during your initial consultation call.
Head-On Car Accident Injuries
While any car accident has the potential to cause terrible injuries and property damage, head-on collisions tend to be especially severe. When vehicles traveling opposite directions crash into each other, the force of impact is often much greater than in a typical car accident.
Head-on collisions may result in:
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
Make sure to see a doctor as soon as possible if you were injured in a head-on collision. While your injuries may require a great deal of medical treatment, the costs of that treatment may be the responsibility of the at-fault party who caused your accident.
Distasio Law Firm Offers Free Case Reviews
A Sarasota head-on collisions lawyer from Distasio Law Firm can gather evidence of the liable party’s negligence, build a strong claim, and represent you throughout your case.
We work for a contingent fee, meaning our pay comes from your settlement or court award. If we aren’t able to help you win the case, you do not owe us attorney fees.
Call Distasio Law Firm today at (813) 259-0022 for a free consultation with a member of our car accident team.