If you were injured in a ridesharing accident, an Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer in Sarasota from Distasio Law Firm can help you build a personal injury case.
Our legal team handles various accident cases, including claims and lawsuits brought against ridesharing companies like Uber and Lyft. We can help you determine how much compensation to pursue, investigate your accident, and help you meet legal deadlines to bring your case forward.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft ridesharing accidents lawyer serving Sarasota, call (813) 259-0022
We Can Help You Pursue Compensation after a Ridesharing Accident
An Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer in Sarasota from Distasio Law Firm can help you pursue the compensation you need. So that we know how much compensation you may be entitled to receive, our team will assess and calculate the value of your damages. Doing so also allows us to judge whether a settlement offer you receive is fair.
We may be able to help you get compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses: Compensation for medical expenses may cover costs for emergency room visits, surgeries, diagnostic tests, doctor’s appointments, and any other medical care you received or might need in the future.
- Property damage: You may be compensated if your vehicle or any other property of yours was damaged in the accident. Compensation may cover repair or replacement costs.
- Pain and suffering: You may be compensated for the pain and suffering you endured due to the accident. This includes any physical or emotional stress you had due to the accident.
- Loss of income: If you had to miss time from work, you could be compensated for the income you lost as a result of your accident. This could include the time you had to take off for the accident itself or for medical care and recovery you need.
- Decrease in salary: If you had to change jobs because of the collision, you could be compensated for the salary difference. You could also be compensated if you had to reduce the hours you had prior to the accident.
- Future medical expenses: You could be compensated if you have to have surgeries or other treatments in the future as a result of your accident.
Sarasota Uber and Lyft Ridesharing Accidents Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Your Ridesharing Accident Case Has a Deadline You Have to Meet
According to Florida Statutes §95.11(3)(a), you are able to file a lawsuit up to four years after the date of your ridesharing accident.
In addition, if the accident led to the death of your loved one, qualifying surviving family members must file a wrongful death lawsuit within two years of the date of death, per Florida Statutes §95.11(4)(d).
Our team can monitor this legal deadline and notify you when you need to decide to bring a personal injury lawsuit forward.
Our Legal Team Can Handle Legal Communications with Other Parties for You
With a ridesharing accident case, there may be multiple parties to deal with since these cases involve a commercial business. It can be a difficult and time-consuming task to communicate with the rideshare company representatives, insurance company representatives, and lawyers involved in the accident.
Our legal team can handle these communications for you. This can involve:
- Negotiating with the insurance company representatives
- Communicating with other parties involved
- Keeping you up to date on your claim
- Interpreting legal jargon
- Communicating with other lawyers
We will relay important information to you when necessary and advise you as your case progresses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Can Help You Build Your Case Argument about the Rideshare Accident
Knowing the cause of the accident can come in handy when proving negligence in your car accident claim or lawsuit. In order to get the compensation you need, we have to first prove negligence. Proving negligence has four main parts, which are:
- Duty of care: The driver had a duty to drive safely and keep themselves and those around them safe.
- Breach of duty of care: The driver breached this duty by driving in a way that could cause harm to others.
- Causation: This breach of duty resulted in a collision or accident of some kind.
- Damage: The accident caused monetary losses.
Our Team Can Also Help You Gather Evidence
Proving negligence is not always easy. It can take a significant amount of work to gather what is needed to prove who was at fault. To prove negligence, our team will work to collect the evidence needed to support your case.
This evidence could include:
- Photographs of the damage
- Medical documentation
- Eyewitness statements
- Video footage
- Dashcam footage
- Expert testimony
- Proof of loss of wages
We will investigate the scene of the accident and investigate the cause of the accident. This is a vital part of your case and proving negligence. We can take this off your shoulders and build your case.
Call the Lawyers at the Distasio Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation about Your Case
An Uber and Lyft ridesharing accident lawyer in Sarasota from Distasio Law Firm can work with you to help you determine what the best course of action is for your specific situation. Contact our team at (813) 259-0022 to begin your free consultation. You have nothing to lose, and you owe us nothing unless you get the compensation you need.