Slipping and falling—even from a short height—could result in damage to your bones. In this situation, a Tampa broken or fractured bones lawyer from Distasio Law Firm may be able to help you.
Find out if you could get compensation for your medical expenses and other losses by reaching out to our team today to discuss your options for building a claim if you broke a bone in a slip and fall accident.
Why Choose Distasio Law Firm for a Broken Bones Case in Tampa?
You should choose wisely when you hire an attorney for a broken bones case in Tampa. Distasio Law Firm offers several attractive qualities, including:
- A tireless work ethic
- Active communication
- Experience with cases involving broken bones
- Familiarity with the Tampa area
- Paralegals, investigators, and other resources
We can represent clients regardless of their financial situation. Our attorneys work for contingency fees, which they only receive if they win the client’s case. This policy allows us to accept the most deserving cases.
Distasio Law Firm has won big for clients like you, and we’ll try to win big for you.
Whenever you’re comparing law firms, you should consider case results. Regardless of what a firm promises to do for you, you must consider what the firm has done. Distasio Law Firm has earned solid results for our clients, including:
- A $13 million settlement for a client harmed by a medical provider’s negligence.
- A $7 million verdict for a client who fractured their neck and spine in a boating accident.
- A $1.49 million verdict for a client who broke ribs and a clavicle in a bicycle accident.
- A $1 million settlement for another client injured in an auto accident.
Our team will fight for every dollar that you’re entitled to recover. When determining the value of your case, we consider:
- The nature of your injuries
- The severity of your injuries
- To what degree do doctors expect you to recover
- The length of your recovery timeframe
- What your current losses are
- Whether you’re likely to have more losses in the future (and what those losses are)
We’ll work with any doctors and medical professionals who can help us value your case.
In addition to our case results, we have earned positive words from appreciative clients:
- “Distasio Law Firm is very professional from the start to the end. Every staff member is very nice and their sense of urgency to reply to an email or a phone call is outstanding. Scott is a hands-on attorney who will call you personally to see how you feel and also to give you advise throughout the process. I highly recommend this law firm.” – Alberto Gonzalez, former client
- “Thank you so much for a job well done. It’s been great working with the Distasio team. Very professional and helpful.” – Kwayla Hawkins, former client in Tampa
- “They were exceptional throughout the whole process. Communication was great and Mr. Distasio himself was always available if needed.” – Steven Lugo, former client
Serving our clients is our mission.
For a free legal consultation with a broken or fractured bones lawyer serving Tampa, call (813) 259-0022
Slip and Falls Cause Serious Injuries
Millions of people are hurt in slip and fall accidents every year, according to the National Floor Safety Institute. Around 5% of the people who fall may experience broken bones, which makes slipping and falling a major hazard for people around Tampa.
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), falls cause nearly 40,000 unintentional fatal injuries. Falls may happen while you are at work, at someone else’s home, out shopping, or even in your own place of residence. You may fall if:
- The floor in an area is uneven or cracked
- There are spills on the floor
- The carpet or rugs in an area are bunched up
- The area you are in is poorly lit
If you slipped, fell, and broke one or more bones, you could be eligible for compensation for your losses. You could receive damages regardless of where your slip and fall accident occurred.
Tampa Broken or Fractured Bones Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Types of Fractures and Broken Bones
Not all bones break in the same way after a slip and fall accident. Stanford Health Care uses seven major classifications when considering fractures:
- Greenstick: a partial, incomplete break
- Transverse: a straight break
- Spiral: a break that runs around the length of the bone
- Oblique: a diagonal break
- Compression: a crushed bone
- Comminuted: a break in at least three separate places
- Segmental: a break with a floating portion
Broken bones can also be classified as open (breaking through the skin) or closed. Any broken bone is painful and generally requires immediate medical attention. You should reach out to a medical professional right away, especially if you experienced a head injury that led to a skull fracture. We recommend that you seek health care after any slip and fall accident that led to a broken bone.
Responsibility for Broken and Fractured Bones
As mentioned, you could get compensation if you broke a bone after a slip and fall accident in Tampa. However, you may generally receive damages for your losses if someone else caused your accident. A broken or fractured bones lawyer from Distasio Law Firm may be able to show that:
- The owner of the property you visited was aware of a slip and fall hazard.
- The property owner failed to remove the hazard in a reasonable period of time.
- The property owner failed to warn you that the hazard existed.
- The property owner acted (or failed to act) in any other way that contributed to your injuries.
Property owners have a duty of care to visitors. This duty requires them to quickly address any hazards such as spills or cracked flooring. Distasio Law Firm could assist you in proving a defendant’s negligence.
Our attorneys understand that property owners are responsible for the care and maintenance of their properties, especially if you suffered injuries because of their decisions. Let us assess your claim now, so we may provide you with the personal touch while working to hold those who caused your accident accountable for their choices.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Recoverable Compensation for Broken or Fractured Bones
If you broke a bone in a slip and fall accident in Tampa, your lawyer may be able to help you secure compensation for your medical expenses. This includes coverage for emergency medical care, surgeries, medications, and physical therapy.
You may also get compensation for your lost wages, pain and suffering, and mental anguish. We can investigate your claim to determine what caused your accident and show that your slip and fall accident led directly to your injuries.
We may also be able to help if you are accused of contributing to your accident. In some instances, insurance agents representing the property owner may claim that you were at fault for the accident because you:
- Entered a restricted area when you fell
- Failed to wear proper shoes for the situation
- Did not look where you were going
Allow us to begin working on a claim for you right now. We may speak with witnesses or even work to see if similar slip and fall accidents occurred in the area where you fell. Distasio Law Firm may be able to resolve your claim outside of court through a negotiated settlement. In some instances, however, it may be in your interest to seek compensation at trial. Find out more about the specifics of your claim by contacting Distasio Law Firm.
Speak With a Broken or Fractured Bones Lawyer Now
A broken or fractured bones lawyer in Tampa from Distasio Law Firm may be able to help if you suffered an injury after slipping and falling. Reach out to us to speak with a member of our team about your claim.
We put clients in your situation first and provide personal care as we work to get you the compensation to which you may be entitled. Call us today for a free consultation.