If you or a loved one sustained injuries because another driver’s careless actions led to a Wesley Chapel, Florida, head-on injury accident, you may be eligible to take action. You may be able to hold the at-fault driver responsible for their behavior and recover compensation you may be entitled to based on your injuries and damages. Distasio Law Firm may be able to help.
Call Distasio Law Firm at (813) 259-0022 for a free review of your case. If we believe we may be able to prove negligence and liability, we may be able to handle your legal case while you focus on your treatment and recovery.
You May Trust Your Case to a Head-On Collisions Lawyer in Wesley Chapel From Distasio Law Firm
At Distasio Law Firm, our team’s focus is on client service. If you hire us, you may get a head-on collisions lawyer working directly on your case, fighting to hold the liable party or liable parties legally responsible for your injuries and losses.
Distasio Law Firm may help accident victims navigate the auto insurance claims process or file a personal injury lawsuit, if that becomes necessary. This process may include:
- Identifying the liable party or parties.
- Contacting relevant insurance companies and managing all communications.
- Gathering evidence and building a case to support your claim.
- Demanding a fair settlement and negotiation with the insurance company.
- Filing a lawsuit and negotiating for an out-of-court settlement if offered.
- Taking your case to trial and presenting a compelling argument for compensation.
To learn more about the services and representation you may expect if you work with a Wesley Chapel head-on collisions lawyer from Distasio Law Firm, call our team at (813) 259-0022 for a free consultation.
Possible Recoverable Damages in a Wesley Chapel Head-On Collision Case
The goal of a Wesley Chapel head-on collision case may be to hold the liable party responsible for the injuries and losses they cost you, and to recover the monetary damages you may be entitled to. While it may be impossible to make it like the accident never happened depending on the severity of your injuries and the emotional effect of your accident, we may be able to prevent it from further affecting your family financially.
A Distasio Law Firm team member may be able to pursue compensation on your behalf in a Wesley Chapel car accident case. Damages we may be able to recover could include:
- Current and future medical care costs and related expenses.
- Current and future lost wages and all related benefits.
- Reduced earning ability if you cannot continue your career.
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle and rental car expenses during this time.
- Other property damages that occurred as a result of the accident.
- Out-of-pocket expenses relevant to your accident or injuries.
- Pain and suffering and other noneconomic damages.
- Wrongful death damages for surviving family members as outlined in Florida Statute 768.21.
We May Be Able to Prove the Cause of Your Wesley Chapel Head-On Collision
If you were the victim of a head-on collision in Wesley Chapel or elsewhere in Pasco County, we may be able to help you get to the bottom of exactly what led to your accident. This may be a key part of holding the at-fault driver accountable for their actions. We may investigate your accident to prove negligence and liability, as well as to document your damages.
Possible causes of head-on collisions include:
- Speeding or other reckless driving behaviors.
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs.
- Distracted driving.
- Fatigued driving.
- Failure to follow other rules of the road, such as no-passing zones.
- Wrong-way driving on divided highways or interstates.
While a study in the American Journal of Epidemiology shows that the number of fatalities in this type of accident decreased as seatbelts and airbags became common safety features in modern vehicles, head-on accidents may still be very dangerous. Injuries incurred may vary, but could include traumatic brain injuries, neck and back injuries, paralysis, internal injuries, and broken bones especially within the pelvis and lower extremities.
As the speed and weight of the at-fault motorist’s vehicle increase, injuries may become more severe. A head-on collision with a tractor-trailer may be much more dangerous than a low-speed impact from a compact passenger car.
If we agree to take your Wesley Chapel collision case, we work on a contingency-fee basis. This means we may commit the financial resources to pursue justice with no out-of-pocket expenses for your family. We receive attorney fees only if we reach a settlement or recover an award.
Call Us Before Time Runs Out to File a Lawsuit
The statute of limitations on filing a car accident lawsuit in Florida is generally four years, per Florida Statute 95.11. However, there are exceptions to this rule, and you may have as little as two years to pursue a wrongful death action if your loved one passed away in a head-on collision.
As a part of your free initial consultation, a member of the team from the Distasio Law Firm may be able to help you understand the time constraints on your car accident case and explain the steps we may have to take before we may be able to hold the liable party accountable. Reach out to us as soon as possible after your accident to help ensure you may meet the applicable deadlines.
Speak to a Member of Our Head-On Collisions Legal Team in Wesley Chapel
At Distasio Law Firm, we offer free case reviews for victims of Wesley Chapel car accidents and victims of accidents throughout the greater Tampa Bay region. To learn more about the possible merits of your case, your rights, and how a Wesley Chapel head-on collisions lawyer may be able to help, call (813) 259-0022 to discuss your accident and injuries with a member of our team.