Fatal Car Accident Attorneys in Florida
Have you lost a loved one due to a fatal car accident? While you may be overcome with emotions and mourning the loss of a loved one, you may be able to pursue justice by holding the negligent party responsible. Distasio Law Firm wants to help, we aim to make the process as easy as possible for our clients, in order to help them move forward after a tragic loss. We want our clients to focus on family matters during this time while we handle the legal matters.
The lawsuit that you may be entering is a wrongful death lawsuit wherein you, as a representative of the decedent, is able to fight for compensation from the person responsible. There are certain time-frames in which you must file the lawsuit after the wrongful death accident, ask an attorney from our firm for more details. We are sympathetic and compassionate attorneys who understand the emotional turmoil you are going through. While nothing can bring your loved one back, we may be able to help you receive compensation for your loss. We will fight for our clients to receive compensation for all of the following damages:
- Medical expenses before the death of your loved one
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost wages of the deceased loved one that they would have earned in their life
- Loss of spousal companionship and protection
- Loss of parental guidance, instruction and companionship
- Loss of retirement and health benefits that would have been provided by the deceased loved one
- Loss of future inheritance
- Pain and grief of the wrongful death
- Punitive damages
Florida Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (813) 259-0022
Proving Negligence in a Wrongful Death Car Accident
In Florida, Section 768.19 provides the statutes regarding wrongful death. The regulations are called the Florida Wrongful Death Act and it provides the grounds that dictate wrongful death action. In order to receive compensation for the loss of a loved one, you must prove negligence of the other person. In order to prove negligence under the wrongful death act, the following things must be proved:
1. The defendant owed a legal duty to a deceased
2. The defendant did not uphold the duty
3. Wrongful death was caused by the defendant’s failure to uphold the duty
4. The beneficiaries of the deceased suffered a loss from the wrongful death
When it comes to a car accident, proving negligence is almost always fulfilled due to the duty of care to other people on the road. If the other driver breaches the duty of care by failing to drive reasonably, negligence can be proven. The skilled Tampa fatal car accident lawyers from our firm thoroughly investigate all aspects of a case in order to present the appropriate evidence. Some ways to breach a duty of care on the road, includes:
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while distracted
- Talking on the phone or texting while driving
There are many other ways a driver can fail to act in a reasonable manner but it has to be proven that your loved one died because of the other driver’s negligent acts and not for some other reason.
Need a Fatal Car Accident Lawyer in Florida? Call 813-259-0022 Today!
We’re Here to Help You with Your Fatal Car Accident Case
Investigating into details of your loved one’s death can be devastating, which is why we do that for our clients. We may be able to help you as well, contact Distasio Law Firm today to speak with one of our lawyers. Our firm offers a free case evaluation so you can discuss your case and ask us questions at no cost to you! Contact our firm today!